The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin explains 'blood libel' comment

Banned

Default Palin explains 'blood libel' comment

Doesn't that woman know when to zip it????

WASHINGTON — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, defending herself against criticism following the Tucson, Ariz., shootings, said Monday that she used the term "blood libel" to describe comments made by those who falsely tried to link conservatives to the assassination attempt against Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

"I think the critics again were using anything that they could gather out of that statement," she said. "You can spin up anything out of anybody's statements that are released and use them against the person who is making the statement."
    Palin said the criticism won't stop her from speaking out and accusing Democrats of taking the country in the wrong direction.
    "They can't make us sit down and shut up," she said.

Palin added, "I receive a lot of death threats. My children do."
    ( If she and her children received death threats then why did she not submit them to the FBI for investigation???)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41126840/ns/politics/
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-18-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

WASHINGTON Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, defending herself against criticism following the Tucson, Ariz., shootings, said Monday that she used the term "blood libel" to describe comments made by those who falsely tried to link conservatives to the assassination attempt against Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

"I think the critics again were using anything that they could gather out of that statement," she said. "You can spin up anything out of anybody's statements that are released and use them against the person who is making the statement."
    Palin said the criticism won't stop her from speaking out and accusing Democrats of taking the country in the wrong direction.

( If she and her children received death threats then why did she not submit them to the FBI for investigation???)

What makes you think she hasn't? Heck they might even be watching you, your'e so obsessed with her...
    Bill Davis

Poor Sarah. Once again the victom!

She's in a hole, and nobody will take the shovel out of her hands!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Poor Sarah. Once again the victom!

She's in a hole, and nobody will take the shovel out of her hands!
    Who do you hate the most - GWB or SP?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Who do you hate the most - GWB or SP?
    I don't waste my finite energy on hating anyone.
    I find her amusing, and horribly misguided and ill-prepared for the pubic spotlight, let alone a national campaign.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What makes you think she hasn't? Heck they might even be watching you, your'e so obsessed with her...
    I see she is doing interviews for Faux News and not any main stream news interviews. Could it be that she is afraid she will be asked any hard questions like "what newspapers and magazines do you read."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_130706.html

During their interview Monday, Katie Couric asked Sarah Palin what newspapers and magazines she read to inform her worldview before being tapped as John McCain's Vice Presidential running mate. And Tuesday on the "CBS Evening News," Palin's answer was revealed: "most of them," "all of 'em," and "any of 'em."
    Palin would not, or could not, name a specific news source, saying only, "I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where, it's kind of suggested and it seems like, 'Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C. may be thinking and doing when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America."

Took her a long time to spit her foot out of her mouth!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

WASHINGTON Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, defending herself against criticism following the Tucson, Ariz., shootings, said Monday that she used the term "blood libel" to describe comments made by those who falsely tried to link conservatives to the assassination attempt against Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

does falsey mean anything to you. Your hatered of the right amazes me. But i forgot your not a leftie N ow go and watch messnbc to get all your facts right.

I don't know what I get a bigger kick out of.....

The things that come out of her mouth....

Or people defending those things!

They're both entertaining. God, I hope she sticks around!

I’m going to give Palin the benefit of the doubt on the “blood libel” comment. Considering how she used it, I don’t think she meant it as a slur against Jewish people. She had probably heard the term, assumed she knew what it meant, but had no idea what it really referred to. Although, she has since tried to spin the meaning of blood libel to provide some credibility to her statement. I think that was a bad move.

Obviously, the comment didn’t sit well with much of the Jewish community, especially since Gabrielle Giffords, herself, is Jewish. I think Palin would have been better off admitting she did not understand the true meaning of term blood libel, and asking everyone to accept her apology.