The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Care

Banned

Default Health Care

The Republcans are trying to get the Health Care Bill repealed saying most americans do not want it. Well looks like things are changing according to the polls. Looks like "mostly" Republicans do not want the health care following their party's lead.

WASHINGTON — As lawmakers shaken by the shooting of a colleague return to the health care debate in Congress, an Associated Press-GfK poll finds raw feelings over President Barack Obama's overhaul have subsided.
    Ahead of a vote on repeal in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives this week, strong opposition to the law stands at 30 percent, close to the lowest level registered in AP-GfK surveys dating to September 2009.
    Americans are divided over the law, but the strength and intensity of the opposition appear diminished. The law expands coverage to more than 30 million uninsured, and would require, for the first time, that most people in the United States carry health insurance.

The poll finds that 40 percent of those surveyed said they support the law, while 41 percent oppose it. Just after the November congressional elections, opposition stood at 47 percent and support was 38 percent.
    As for repeal, only about one in four say they want to do away with the law completely. Among Republicans support for repeal has dropped sharply, from 61 percent after the elections to 49 percent now.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41104102...more_politics/

Polls are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink....I wonder on those polled if many if not most that dont want the health care law repealed are currently without any health insurance at all, and think that the insurance they thought was going to be "given " to them is now going to be "taken " away

I know that it is impractical, but sometimes I wish we as Americans could phone or cast our opinions electronically like a vote on legislation so congress would know for sure what the will of the people truly is, not just what special interest is telling them what we want
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Polls are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink....I wonder on those polled if many if not most that dont want the health care law repealed are currently without any health insurance at all, and think that the insurance they thought was going to be "given " to them is now going to be "taken " away

I know that it is impractical, but sometimes I wish we as Americans could phone or cast our opinions electronically like a vote on legislation so congress would know for sure what the will of the people truly is, not just what special interest is telling them what we want
    BonMallari is on target about polls....but regardless, when the house votes to repeal, the bill is DOA in the Senate.

As for the shift in poll numbers....surely no-one could suggest that the american public is fickle?! As for those not wanting wholesale repeal....the Dems made sure that was impractical. No way could any Congress line item repeal that behemoth of a document!

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    ....but regardless, when the house votes to repeal, the bill is DOA in the Senate.
    I think the Republicans will use that vote and hang it around the necks of the Dems that are up for re election in 2012 and of course the POTUS....

Already today both Lieberman (IND) and Conrad ( Dem) have announced their retirements from the Senate effective 2012..they must figure its time to cash in on the gravy train that awaits them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

They need to attempt to reform the bill in parts.

Not all of the bill is bad and there were issues not addresses.

Take it one one piece at a time.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    They need to attempt to reform the bill in parts.

Not all of the bill is bad and there were issues not addresses.

Take it one one piece at a time.
    Might I suggest that you Shat can the whole bill and pass the good parts "one piece at a time".

What parts are good regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

This is an interesting surprise, maybe along the lines of what Franco is saying.

Bill Frist: Health Care Is 'Law Of The Land,' GOP Should Drop Repeal And Build On It

WASHINGTON -- As congressional Republicans ready themselves for a largely symbolic effort to repeal President Obama's health care reform law, at least one former GOP leader is urging them to drop the charade and build on the legislation instead.

Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, who caused a stir during the construction of health care reform when he said he'd vote for the bill, said it was important to consider the bill the "law of the land" and move on from there.

"It is not the bill that [Republicans] would have written," said the Tennessee Republican. "It is not the bill that I would have drafted. But it is the law of the land and it is the platform, the fundamental platform, upon which all future efforts to make that system better, for that patient, for that family, will be based. And that is a fact. I know the discussion of Washington is repeal and I'm sure we will come back to that discussion..."

"[The bill] has many strong elements," Frist added later. "And those elements, whatever happens, need to be preserved, need to be cuddled, need to be snuggled, need to be promoted and need to be implemented. But how do you do it? How do you do a lot of what is in this law?"

The comments, and rhetorical questions, came during a press conference hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), announcing a bipartisan framework for addressing reforms to the current law. And in the context of how his fellow Republican lawmakers have demonized the legislation, Frist seemed to be reading off an entirely different script. At one point, he insisted that the bill was "beautiful on paper" and that Republicans should "love" the fact it adopts a "federalism" approach to health care.

That said, his prescriptions for changing the bill were decidedly conservative in mindset. Warning that states simply didn't have the funds to implement the law (in particular, to set up exchanges and reinvent an antiquated delivery system), he predicted that there would be "public private partnerships in ways that were never envisioned."

"You have no choice but to bring in the private sector, and the private sector know that it's time to play," he said. "And there will be financial resources there."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I think the Republicans will use that vote and hang it around the necks of the Dems that are up for re election in 2012 and of course the POTUS....

Already today both Lieberman (IND) and Conrad ( Dem) have announced their retirements from the Senate effective 2012..they must figure its time to cash in on the gravy train that awaits them
    Dead on with the "necklaces." But the fickle nature of the electorate could backfire if the economy hasn't improved. Whoever winds up plotting the strategy better keep a keen eye on it, after all....."it's the economy, stupid!"

I think it's very interesting to note that during the election campaign all we heard heard was Republicans criticizing Obama for dealing with healthcare, instead of jobs. Now the first the Republicans do once in office is deal with healthcare instead of jobs.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

[QUOTE=Buzz;735183]I think it's very interesting to note that during the election campaign all we heard heard was Republicans criticizing Obama for dealing with healthcare, instead of jobs. Now the first the Republicans do once in office is deal with healthcare instead of jobs.[/QUOTE]

Obamacare is a job killer, so they are addressing jobs.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth