The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health Care

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Might I suggest that you Shat can the whole bill and pass the good parts "one piece at a time".

What parts are good regards,
    The healthcare reform did two (or attempted to) "good" things. First it provides some consumer protections that were absent prior to the reforms. It eliminates pre-existing conditions. It closed the donut hole in Medicare Prescription drugs. It took a tiny step to diminish the control inusurers curretnly hold over healthcare in the US.
    Wholesale repeal is ill advised. There are parts that need to be modified. Especially that requiring all people to purchase insurance.
    Republicans are playing politics first and foremost with this issue. For some reason they want to ignor the CBO projections of potential savings for Federal expenditures.
    And they seem to forget that at at one point 70% of Americans WANTED healthcare reform. They are playing with political fire with this issue and may well get burned badly before it is done.
    The only thing the Republicans have on their side in the healthcare debate is the fact that the democrats remain completely incompetent and lost when it comes to framing and delivering a message on this, or just about any other issue.

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    The healthcare reform did two (or attempted to) "good" things. First it provides some consumer protections that were absent prior to the reforms. It eliminates pre-existing conditions. It closed the donut hole in Medicare Prescription drugs. It took a tiny step to diminish the control inusurers curretnly hold over healthcare in the US.
    Wholesale repeal is ill advised. There are parts that need to be modified. Especially that requiring all people to purchase insurance.
    Republicans are playing politics first and foremost with this issue. For some reason they want to ignor the CBO projections of potential savings for Federal expenditures.
    And they seem to forget that at at one point 70% of Americans WANTED healthcare reform. They are playing with political fire with this issue and may well get burned badly before it is done.
    The only thing the Republicans have on their side in the healthcare debate is the fact that the democrats remain completely incompetent and lost when it comes to framing and delivering a message on this, or just about any other issue.
    Sigh. You are coming to this party way too late.

Search other threads regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Sigh. You are coming to this party way too late.

Search other threads regards,
    I repsonded to your post - # 6 on this thread, that asked the question, what parts of healthcare reform are good. I mentioned two.

1. Consumer Protections
    2. Elimination of the Medicare Prescription donut hole.

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    I repsonded to your post - # 6 on this thread, that asked the question, what parts of healthcare reform are good. I mentioned two.

1. Consumer Protections
    2. Elimination of the Medicare Prescription donut hole.
    No. Your correct. I'm wrong. How could I have been so stupid?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth