The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ala. gov: Just Christians are his family

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Only if said Lesbian were quoted as saying that those who have not accepted lesbianism as their lifestyle are not her bretheren!!!

Just sayin............

Checkmate!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Only if said Lesbian were quoted as saying that those who have not accepted lesbianism as their lifestyle are not her bretheren!!!

Just sayin............
    Do you understand the concept of brothers and sisters in Christ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    I love you Bora... I'd even kiss your big fat face, but you got your Bible sideways.

We ain't Ishmael's brotheren. He was cast out. Abraham should ought to have not done that with Hagar.

God DOES have a wicked sense of humor though. (not wicked in the sense of wickedness, but wicked funny)

The children of the bondwoman are still a persecutin the children of Sarah. They just can't stand it that they are outcasts.

Gal 4:22-31
    22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

"Rejoice, O barren,
    You who do not bear!
    Break forth and shout,
    You who are not in labor!
    For the desolate has many more children
    Than she who has a husband."

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
    NKJV

Hey...just like Obama's birth certificate, I need to see the Bible you're quoting from, with a certificate of authenticity, signed by God himself, before I believe any of that self-contradictory babble! Only embossed, sealed certificates are acceptable. No newspaper clips, either!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I guess that must leave out the Jews, Hindu's, Muslims and Athiests

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told a church crowd just moments into his new administration that those who have not accepted [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]Jesus[/color][/color] as their savior are not his brothers and sisters, shocking some critics who questioned Tuesday whether he can be fair to non-Christians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabam...nor_christians

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him" 1 John 5:1.
    Jews, Hindu's, Muslims, Chrisitans and Athiests are not spiritual brothers or sisters. We have all made a decision to accept or reject Jesus Christ. By rejecting him, one chooses exclusion from the Christian family. Time will tell if the governor can maintain impartiality. As soon as he doesn't, I'm sure we'll hear about it.
    Last edited by Duck Blind; 01-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Do you understand the concept of brothers and sisters in Christ?
    Nope
    Do you understand logic?
    My post was in reply to the logic used in RK's post in post #2 of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    "Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him" 1 John 5:1.
    Jews, Hindu's, Muslims, Chrisitans and Athiests are not spiritual brothers or sisters. We have all made a decision to accept or reject Jesus Christ. By rejecting him, one chooses exclusion from the Christian family. Time will tell if the governor can maintain impartiality. As soon as he doesn't, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

What exactly does that mean?
    Since Christ "is the only path to Heaven", does that imply that all Jews, Hindus, and other non-Christians go to Hell?
    Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What exactly does that mean?
    Since Christ "is the only path to Heaven", does that imply that all Jews, Hindus, and other non-Christians go to Hell?
    Please enlighten me.
    No need to mock someones beliefs.
    It is what it is.
    You guys want to make fun of me....that's OK,(I don't pay any attention any way) but have enough empathy and compassion that you always talk about to know the difference.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No need to mock someones beliefs.
    It is what it is.
    You guys want to make fun of me....that's OK,(I don't pay any attention any way) but have enough empathy and compassion that you always talk about to know the difference.

RK
    Nobody is making fun.
    I'm asking just what exactly that means. I happen to have lots of friends who are Jewish and a few who are Hindu and Muslim, all of whom live very much like how Jesus said we should. I'm wondering if they are to be excluded from Heaven, because they chose to worship in another manner from us? If anything, I am looking for a little empathy and compassion for my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Nobody is making fun.
    I'm asking just what exactly that means. I happen to have lots of friends who are Jewish and a few who are Hindu and Muslim, all of whom live very much like how Jesus said we should. I'm wondering if they are to be excluded from Heaven, because they chose to worship in another manner from us? If anything, I am looking for a little empathy and compassion for my friends.

UH HUH!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dave you remind me of Nicodemus
    Thanks, that explained what being excluded from the Christian family meant, in a very Christian way. I'm Catholic, and know what that means to me. When sit down with friends, be they fellow Christians, Jews, Hindus, or whatever, we are all brothers and sisters under God, and I don't exclude them from any family.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I've just seen too much hurt and hatred spawned by exclusionary attitudes...amongst good people. I don't believe any one religious belief has and exclusive path to Heaven.

BTW, I never liked the term "born again". Like when girls claim to have "born again virginity". Sorry. You don't always get a mulligan in real life! I was baptized and received Confirmation. That's enough for me.
    Last edited by dnf777; 01-19-2011 at 04:47 PM.