The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ala. gov: Just Christians are his family

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Nobody is making fun.
    I'm asking just what exactly that means. I happen to have lots of friends who are Jewish and a few who are Hindu and Muslim, all of whom live very much like how Jesus said we should. I'm wondering if they are to be excluded from Heaven, because they chose to worship in another manner from us? If anything, I am looking for a little empathy and compassion for my friends.
    They can go to heaven. Same way as everyone else. Jesus said whosoever will may come. If any man come to me I will in no wise cast him out. Jesus is non-discriminatory. Takes robbers, drunks, killers, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc. As long as they are willing to repent and accept God's way into heaven. Same can't be said of those other religions. You got to provide yer own righteousness. What if you can't? Why go to hell they say, or do it over or some such. That is discrimination for ya. Only the good people get to go to their heaven. Jesus came to forgive sinners.

What you are saying is "Screw you God, I demand to get to heaven any damn way I please. So what about your son? I choose not to believe that drivel so let me in." I want to Buddha my way to heaven.

See how that works for you.
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post

What you are saying is "Screw you God, I demand to get to heaven any damn way I please. So what about your son? I choose not to believe that drivel so let me in." I want to Buddha my way to heaven.

See how that works for you.
    Uhhh....You better quote where I said anything remotely related to those BS comments, or apologize for putting blasphemous words into my mouth.
    Is that how you want to reflect upon Christianity?

First of all, I was ASKING for an explanation of what appeared to be exclusionary comments. I didn't SAY anything. Please stop attributing made-up quotes to me or anyone else.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I miss Yardley. .....er, his posts that is. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I miss Yardley. .....er, his posts that is. JD
    Do you have insomnia????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Uhhh....You better quote where I said anything remotely related to those BS comments, or apologize for putting blasphemous words into my mouth.
    Is that how you want to reflect upon Christianity?

First of all, I was ASKING for an explanation of what appeared to be exclusionary comments. I didn't SAY anything. Please stop attributing made-up quotes to me or anyone else.
    Logical extension of yer Muslim Hindus Jews all gots to go to heaven philosophy. If they can get there any way they please then that makes the sacrifice of Christ unnecessary and either paints Him a liar or makes God a cruel tyrant for unnecessarily sacrificing His son. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry bout that whole blasphemy thing regards,
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Do you have insomnia????

RK
    No...I sleep very well, thank you. Comfortable in the same way that you are, I suppose. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Christian means "Christ in " as is scattered throughout the new testiment. its very possible that ones earthly brother is not their brother in Christ. Thats why I said you remind me of Nicodemus. it was a joke.

Your hindu brother which does not believe in Jesus Christ cannot be your brother in Christ. I don't care how many times you click your heels,,,
    sorry about that. You may call him your brother and thats fine,,,but there is no genetic tie. Just as JC was Gods son and anyone who believes that God raised him from the dead is Gods son .,,,,so logically then that would make those who believe in his ressurection also JC's brother Once someone believes then God places his incorruptable seed in that person. Thats how we become his children by seed. They recieve the gift of holy spirit.

The only thing I'm sure of is this that

The majority of people believe there is a God. And the majority of people do not believe what he says.

I realize you and many dont like the term "born again" those arent my words,,,,, that what JC said. You can take that up with him. I'm just telling what he said.

Pete
    Tell me, does one have to attend church in order to be a Christian or can one just believe in both God and Jesus to be a Christian.

Seems like to me, alot of people attending church go there just to be noticed. Most of them seem to turn into hypricates once church lets out.

Both Christians and Muslims are about absolutism. It is either thier way or no way. One is either a follwer of the flock or they are not.
    This absolutism is a result of the reality as comprehended by ancient man. Much of it has to do with control amd power.

Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirtuality originating from a god but a spritual teacher. Much like the Rabbi Jesus at his time. Over the past 30,000 years, one realizes that man has created hundreds of gods. The only concept they were capable of comprehendingat the time.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Both Christians and Muslims are about absolutism. It is either thier way or no way. One is either a follwer of the flock or they are not.
    This absolutism is a result of the reality as comprehended by ancient man. Much of it has to do with control amd power.

Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirtuality originating from a god but a spritual teacher. Much like the Rabbi Jesus at his time. Over the past 30,000 years, one realizes that man has created hundreds of gods. The only concept they were capable of comprehendingat the time.
    I have seen some people here believe the earth is only 5,000 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Logical extension of yer Muslim Hindus Jews all gots to go to heaven philosophy. If they can get there any way they please then that makes the sacrifice of Christ unnecessary and either paints Him a liar or makes God a cruel tyrant for unnecessarily sacrificing His son. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry bout that whole blasphemy thing regards,
    So I was mildly "scolded" for ridiculing religious beliefs when I asked if therefore Jews, Hindus, etc...all go to hell for not accepting JC as their savior.

So do I understand from the above that you believe that to be the case?

Could God not speak to different cultures through different prophets?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!