The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

Banned

Default GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

I just wonder how many newbe's actually read what was in the health care bill before voting against it. Did they even know what they were voting against or were they blindly following the party wishes?

WASHINGTON The Republican-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation's year-old health care law, clearing the way for the second phase of the "repeal and replace" promise that victorious Republicans made to the voters last fall.
    The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Democratic supporters of the law have the majority. And Obama has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149463...-capitol_hill/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I just wonder how many newbe's actually read what was in the health care bill before voting against it. Did they even know what they were voting against or were they blindly following the party wishes?

WASHINGTON The Republican-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation's year-old health care law, clearing the way for the second phase of the "repeal and replace" promise that victorious Republicans made to the voters last fall.
    The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Democratic supporters of the law have the majority. And Obama has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149463...-capitol_hill/
    OOOOH, OOOOH, I know, I know!!!!!

Probably more than read it before they voted for it!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    What happened to your 'history is made' thread RK? I was just about to reply. Guess you realized it wasn't history, but just a footnote.

I liked the part in your link about congress giving up their own socialized HC.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    What happened to your 'history is made' thread RK? I was just about to reply. Guess you realized it wasn't history, but just a footnote.

I liked the part in your link about congress giving up their own socialized HC.
    I saw RP posted this (after mine BTW) guess he didn't "read it first!!!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

RK
    Here is another excert from the link.

According to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the American public is divided on both the repeal effort and the health care law. Forty-six percent oppose the GOP's attempt to repeal the law, while 45 percent support the effort. Meanwhile, 39 percent believe the health plan Obama signed into law last March is a good idea, while another 39 percent think it's not.

I just cannot see where a majority of Americans want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim. I think they are just jealous that the D's came upwith and passed a health care bill and it will make the R's look bad.

Banned

I saw RP posted this (after mine BTW) guess he didn't "read it first!!!"

RK
    Actually we must have been typing at the same time. Cannot type and read another post at the same time you must have hit the submit button before I did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One either beleives or they don't, those that do live off of their faith, that what they believe in is real.

Both Christianity and Islam aren't very tolerent of much diviation. It's thier way or no way. A spiritual concept that could only come from the imagination of ancient man. In contrast, Hindus and Buddhist do not consider thier spirituality based on a god but, rather a spiritual treacher. Same as the Rabbi Jesus was at his time, a spiritual taecher. But, man in our attempt to explain our being could only comprehend a "god".

When one analysis the concept of "absolutism in belief" in conjuntion wth the limited scope of ancient man, we see the first organized attempt at controlling the masses. Religion has always been about power. Afterall, it is the oldest form of politicis.

Franco, are you on the right thread with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

Franco, are you on the right thread with this post
    Nope, long day at the oofice!

When I didn't see it posted on the Bama Govs' thread I was frustrated.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

I expect many if not all of the newbes read it. It was what got many of them elected, a desire by the American people to repeal bad law.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Does anyone here on this forum understand all the changes the new health care law implements? I know I sure don't. Do you think all the folks polled about the law understand it? I doubt it. The sad thing is that there is this huge discussion in the public domain about something that most of us are completely or at least partially ignorant about. We are expected to trust that those on "our side" are representing it to us accurately. Sorry, but I don't trust the talking heads on my side any more than those on the other side.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA