The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect many if not all of the newbes read it. It was what got many of them elected, a desire by the American people to repeal bad law.
    According to the article the poll taken the people are split down the middle on weather or not they approve or disapprove of the health care law. Apparently it is the people that belong to the Republican party that do not want the health care law. Their party doesn't want it so they don't want it.

According to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the American public is divided on both the repeal effort and the health care law. Forty-six percent oppose the GOP's attempt to repeal the law, while 45 percent support the effort. Meanwhile, 39 percent believe the health plan Obama signed into law last March is a good idea, while another 39 percent think it's not.

Yesterday.....245 members of the house voted to repeal the Obama's takeover of the health care industry.

Only 219 voted for it when it got rammed through.

Interesting, don't you think????

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yesterday.....245 members of the house voted to repeal the Obama's takeover of the health care industry.

Only 219 voted for it when it got rammed through.

Interesting, don't you think????

RK
    I'm not debating who voted for what. I am debating whe will of the American people. There is not a majority of Americans that want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I'm not debating who voted for what. I am debating whe will of the American people. There is not a majority of Americans that want the health care bill repealed as the Republicans claim.
    Explain the votes?
    Those people were elected on promises to vote to repeal this debacle.

If that is the case, why won't Reid allow a vote in the Senate??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Explain the votes?

RK
    Give it up RK. There is a House majority of Republicans. The vote was for show only. It will never pass the Senate and Obama has veto power. There would not be enough votes to overturn a veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Does anyone here on this forum understand all the changes the new health care law implements?...
    The sad thing is that there is this huge discussion in the public domain about something that most of us are completely or at least partially ignorant about. We are expected to trust that those on "our side" are representing it to us accurately. Sorry, but I don't trust the talking heads on my side any more than those on the other side.
    One of the major problems with this law is that "the changes" have been left up to the decisions/discretion of SecHHS and the unelected bureaucrats within. How can one "know" what hasn't been decided? Yet. Wait until the 30,000 +/- pages of implementation regs are issued for a real nightmare.

But you don't have to know "everything" about this law to know that certain parts of it fundamentally change the relationship between The People and their health care provider and the government. And not for the better, imo.
    That the Fed Gov can supposedly mandate that I buy insurance and what coverage I have to have in that purchase does not sit well with me or many others, and will be decided by a court, hopefully soon. My family does not need pregnancy coverage, for example, why should I be forced to pay for that? Also, as I understand it, my hcp's diagnoses and treatment rec's will be monitored by the gov for compliance to what will become a standardized treatment protocol/database. Continuous practice outside those "norms" can be grounds for further actions.
    And on top of that, the "waivers" granted by HHS violate the equal protection clause, in my view.

As subroc posted, the is a cornerstone of what the Reps ran on and were elected for in Nov. Thay have fulfilled one of their commitments, like it or not. Since we all know that it won't get past the WH/Senate, we can now get on to trying to correct a fundamentally flawed foundation, now that the statement has been made and try to make this s#!t sandwich a little more palatable until the courts have their say about the basic recipe.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Give it up RK. There is a House majority of Republicans. The vote was for show only. It will never pass the Senate and Obama has veto power. There would not be enough votes to overturn a veto.
    Ahhhh yes, the buzz words!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Don't be so sure. The weasel Harry Reid is afraid it will take on a life of it's own. The many Dem senators that have to run in 2012 have a target on their back (oops). Some of them may flip. We only need about 4 to flip I think to force Bambi into vetoing. That puts him in a real pickle for 2012...
    Bill Davis

Explain the votes?

RK
    i disagree; i think they were elected on the basis of a "throw the bums out" mentality. there was actually very little thought put into it.

now that they are part of "the machine" they're finding out how much a freshman representative can actually do to the effect the changes they promised. there are many within the tea party movement who are already voicing their disappointment about this. i think they actually thought they were going to be sworn in and immediately be put into key positions on important committees. the GOP (or Dems for that matter) don't work that way. those spots are guarded and hard won.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    i disagree; i think they were elected on the basis of a "throw the bums out" mentality. there was actually very little thought put into it.
    now that they are part of "the machine" they're finding out how much a freshman representative can actually do to the effect the changes they promised. there are many within the tea party movement who are already voicing their disappointment about this. i think they actually thought they were going to be sworn in and immediately be put into key positions on important committees. the GOP (or Dems for that matter) don't work that way. those spots are guarded and hard won.-Paul
    Agreed, especially in the last Presidential election.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis