The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Welcome to my world Stan

Does anyone else find it curious that the Uber Powerful Insurance lobby is remaining openly silent on this issue?

Me suspects that behind the scenes they are very comfortable with the beaurocrats they have in place at Health and Human Services and elsewhere that will implement this law.
    I doubt very much that the best interests of Joe taxpayer will take precedence over the interests of the Insurance lobby.

I'm also guessing that when all is said and done that people like M&K's Retriever's opposition will fade.

I would hope that the law will be declared unconstitutional, as it clearly is not an enumerated power in the Constitution; but I hold out little hope as that part of the Constitution had been trampled into the dust years ago.

Follow the money regards
    The Uber Powerful Trail Lawyer lobby is right there with the iinsurance lobby. Nothing is being said about the ambulance chasers and how they drive up the health care costs!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    26 states involved in the suit.

That's almost half of the 57!!

RK
    And North Korea is out ally.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Welcome to my world Stan

Does anyone else find it curious that the Uber Powerful Insurance lobby is remaining openly silent on this issue?

Me suspects that behind the scenes they are very comfortable with the beaurocrats they have in place at Health and Human Services and elsewhere that will implement this law.
    I doubt very much that the best interests of Joe taxpayer will take precedence over the interests of the Insurance lobby.

I'm also guessing that when all is said and done that people like M&K's Retriever's opposition will fade.

I would hope that the law will be declared unconstitutional, as it clearly is not an enumerated power in the Constitution; but I hold out little hope as that part of the Constitution had been trampled into the dust years ago.

Follow the money regards

Last night I was watching a discussion about this. They said that behind closed doors, the insurance lobby is against repeal of the bill. They want the mandate to stay in effect, but they want to see the consumer protections chiseled out of the bill. You know, stuff like pre-existing conditions and lifetime and yearly limits. The stuff that people are actually in favor of.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-20-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I'm still confused how someone can be required to not deny people for preexisting conditions for INSURANCE. They are no longer insurance companies, they are now subsidized healthcare companies that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    There, I fixed it for you.
    That is a horrible attempt at humor. You should be ashamed of yourself for making a joke like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would be against it.

I find myself becoming more and more a Libertarian.

RK
    So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with the same health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-20-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with a health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?
    You didn't say A healthcare bill you said the SAME healthcare bill. If the same was passed I would be against it. If a different bill is passed we will have to wait and see whats actually in it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    You didn't say A healthcare bill you said the SAME healthcare bill. If the same was passed I would be against it. If a different bill is passed we will have to wait and see whats actually in it.
    Excuse me, In a previous post I asked if the republicans came up with the same health care bill----------I edited post.

I think the insurance companies are silent because they have figured out a way to make money either way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I think the insurance companies are silent because they have figured out a way to make money either way it goes.

ya think...follow the money trail, look to see who will benefit monetarily..points in the same direction
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"