The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So, lets see if I got this right. The Republicans come up with the same health care plan that they pass into law. The Democrats oppose the Health Care plan and you and the righties here would go against their party and side with the Democrats?
    No Roger, I would side with what is best for the American people.

A foreign concept to you.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

It seems obvious, actuarily, that if one does not allow exclusion for pre-existing conditions & eliminates annual and lifetime limits, there is simply no way to pay for this without requiring EVERYone to purchase insurance.

Now, all states (as far as I know) require car insurance. Yet, doggone it, people still get in a car and drive without it. Do I really expect that anyone will do "hard time" because they failed to get health insurance? How many jails will we have to build if they did that? And while in jail, they don't have to worry about the cost of health care

BTW, you need a letter when you sign up for Medicare Supplemental Insurance that says you were previously insured. Not sure what happens if you were not.

That the Fed Gov can supposedly mandate that I buy insurance and what coverage I have to have in that purchase does not sit well with me or many others,
    The cool part about this is that you get taxed if you don't have coverage ... but you also get taxed if your coverage is "too good" The govt has decided what you "need", and you shouldn't be too piggy. I'm not clear if this is also true of a self-employed individual. If so, the govt is then deciding that health care insurance is equivalent to paying a luxury tax on a yacht.

Notice, too, how the bill has invaded other things ... like me having to give Staples a 1099 form if I spend more than $600 there in one year!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It seems obvious, actuarily, that if one does not allow exclusion for pre-existing conditions & eliminates annual and lifetime limits, there is simply no way to pay for this without requiring EVERYone to purchase insurance.

Now, all states (as far as I know) require car insurance. Yet, doggone it, people still get in a car and drive without it. Do I really expect that anyone will do "hard time" because they failed to get health insurance? How many jails will we have to build if they did that? And while in jail, they don't have to worry about the cost of health care

BTW, you need a letter when you sign up for Medicare Supplemental Insurance that says you were previously insured. Not sure what happens if you were not.

The cool part about this is that you get taxed if you don't have coverage ... but you also get taxed if your coverage is "too good" The govt has decided what you "need", and you shouldn't be too piggy. I'm not clear if this is also true of a self-employed individual. If so, the govt is then deciding that health care insurance is equivalent to paying a luxury tax on a yacht.

Notice, too, how the bill has invaded other things ... like me having to give Staples a 1099 form if I spend more than $600 there in one year!
    Gerry, your beating your head against the wall.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No Roger, I would side with what is best for the American people.

A foreign concept to you.

RK
    Apparently there are alot of Americans that think healt care is good for America.

in my opinion, what they are trying to do is irresponsible. i liken it to being the provider of income for your family and quitting your job without having another one lined up.

if they feel that what we have is so horrible that it needs to be repealed, they should first develop an alternative plan, debate it in both the house and senate, get agreement on the new plan, and table it.

THEN, repeal the old plan, vote in the new one and proceed.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Apparently there are alot of Americans that think healtH care is good for America.
    Health care is good for everyone.
    GOVERNMENT run healthcare is good for noone!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    in my opinion, what they are trying to do is irresponsible. i liken it to being the provider of income for your family and quitting your job without having another one lined up.

if they feel that what we have is so horrible that it needs to be repealed, they should first develop an alternative plan, debate it in both the house and senate, get agreement on the new plan, and table it.

THEN, repeal the old plan, vote in the new one and proceed.-Paul
    That sounds like the best idea I have heard regarding health care 'reform' yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Health care is good for everyone.
    GOVERNMENT run healthcare is good for noone!!

RK
    Is "Obamacare" a government run healthcare system?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It is not government run, no. It is a bill, not a system or government agency so it cannot be government run in any way. You still buy insurance from private agencies only. The bill outlines rules and regulations for the insurance agencies to follow though, to protect the American people. And it provides a subsidy for people to pay their premiums. What people do not like about the bill is something that the insurance companies forced the President to put into it so they would agree to the provisions that he wanted, which is that in order for everyone to be covered and receive these provisions and subsidies to pay for premiums that help us, everyone has to buy coverage. If they do not want coverage, there is a fee that must be paid to cover the cost. Because if everyone opted out, we would not be able to have the good parts of the bill at all. So people want to opt out and not pay for coverage until they get sick, and then sign up, which drives health care cost up for everyone. There are negatives in the bill, but all in all it is a good thing.

See RK, it is not government run. No wonder the insurance companies are not squaking.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Is "Obamacare" a government run healthcare system?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It is not government run, no. It is a bill, not a system or government agency so it cannot be government run in any way. You still buy insurance from private agencies only. The bill outlines rules and regulations for the insurance agencies to follow though, to protect the American people. And it provides a subsidy for people to pay their premiums. What people do not like about the bill is something that the insurance companies forced the President to put into it so they would agree to the provisions that he wanted, which is that in order for everyone to be covered and receive these provisions and subsidies to pay for premiums that help us, everyone has to buy coverage. If they do not want coverage, there is a fee that must be paid to cover the cost. Because if everyone opted out, we would not be able to have the good parts of the bill at all. So people want to opt out and not pay for coverage until they get sick, and then sign up, which drives health care cost up for everyone. There are negatives in the bill, but all in all it is a good thing.

See RK, it is not government run. No wonder the insurance companies are not squaking.
    Your right. The government only tells you who you have to cover, what benefits you must provide/buy, how much you can charge, who can provide benefits, how much expenses/profit can be allowed, how much commission can be paid, etc. The insurance companies see the writing on the wall and are jockeying trying to be the last one standing so they(it?) can be the administrator of the government plan when the rest of the companies eventually bail out.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Your right. The government only tells you who you have to cover, what benefits you must provide/buy, how much you can charge, who can provide benefits, how much expenses/profit can be allowed, how much commission can be paid, etc. The insurance companies see the writing on the wall and are jockeying trying to be the last one standing so they(it?) can be the administrator of the government plan when the rest of the companies eventually bail out.
    What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)