The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: GOP-led House votes to repeal health care law

  1. #51
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?
    They will be paid to administer the program (pay claims, collect premiums, etc.) without bearing any insurance risk.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  2. #52
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?

    Then they get ALL the business that we will be forced by Obama carew to give them.

    It's amazing to me that all you middle of the road independents (progressives) that HATE big business so, love BIG government and think they care about you any more than some "evil" CEO.

    Amazing.......


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #53
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Then they get ALL the business that we will be forced by Obama carew to give them.

    It's amazing to me that all you middle of the road independents (progressives) that HATE big business so, love BIG government and think they care about you any more than some "evil" CEO.

    Amazing.......


    RK

    Yup, we'll give them the business that no one else wanted because no money can be made. If you look at what M&K's said, he believes that the last person standing will be rewarded by being handed the contract to be 3rd party administrator for what he believes will be the only game in town, the public option.

    I'm not sure who you think your arguing with. Who ever stated that they hated big business and loved big government?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What is the incentive to make someone want to be the last one standing in a market that no one else wants?
    they will have positioned themselves to make huge gobs of money. the usual incentive.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Is "Obamacare" a government run healthcare system?


    Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

    It is not government run, no. It is a bill, not a system or government agency so it cannot be government run in any way. You still buy insurance from private agencies only. The bill outlines rules and regulations for the insurance agencies to follow though, to protect the American people. And it provides a subsidy for people to pay their premiums. What people do not like about the bill is something that the insurance companies forced the President to put into it so they would agree to the provisions that he wanted, which is that in order for everyone to be covered and receive these provisions and subsidies to pay for premiums that help us, everyone has to buy coverage. If they do not want coverage, there is a fee that must be paid to cover the cost. Because if everyone opted out, we would not be able to have the good parts of the bill at all. So people want to opt out and not pay for coverage until they get sick, and then sign up, which drives health care cost up for everyone. There are negatives in the bill, but all in all it is a good thing.

    See RK, it is not government run. No wonder the insurance companies are not squaking.

    So Yahoo answers is a source that we can consider fact to prove our points now? LMAO, Roger...

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0183818AAF4GSl

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    So Yahoo answers is a source that we can consider fact to prove our points now? LMAO, Roger...

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0183818AAF4GSl
    Nah, here is another source.

    Biggest lie of 2010: 'Government takeover of health care'

    Domenico Montanaro writes: For the second straight year, the health care overhaul inspired the biggest political lie, according to the independent fact-checking Web site Politifact.
    Last year, it was Sarah Palin's claim that there were "death panels" in the bill. The winner this year, is the term "government takeover" used by multiple Republicans, including incoming Speaker John Boehner.




    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...of-health-care

  7. #57
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I just wonder how many newbe's actually read what was in the health care bill before voting against it. Did they even know what they were voting against or were they blindly following the party wishes?

    WASHINGTON The Republican-controlled House has voted to repeal the nation's year-old health care law, clearing the way for the second phase of the "repeal and replace" promise that victorious Republicans made to the voters last fall.
    The repeal, which was passed by a vote of 245 to 189, has little or no chance of passing the Senate, where Democratic supporters of the law have the majority. And Obama has vowed to veto it if it reaches his desk.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41149463...-capitol_hill/

    What of ANY bill that you have favored from the previous congress have you even a modicum of knowledge about. You are the most blind toady to ever follow the Democrat line I've been aware of in my lifetime.

    Please stop humiliating yourself by posting your pathetic views, which are known before you write them down. Just posting where you live is adequate for all to know you are nothing but a hanging chad.

    The POINT to the repeal bill has nothing to do with it passing (just for you and your sycophantic buddies on board to understand)...I know this is deep for you and the other mental midgets to comprehend, but the PEOPLE want to learn just who the rest of the ignoramuses in Washington are, so we can vote them out as well. Imagine that...the PEOPLE are starting to take charge of THEIR government, and ousting the socialists before we have gone completely fascist in this nation.

    Time for your oligarchy to run for cover Roger. Eventually the TEA Party will have found ALL the correct individuals to put up against your socialists...be they RINOs or liberals or....(gulp) INDEPENDANTS...like Bernie.

    We love it when we see those up-for-election-in-2012 Senators and congresscritters voting in favor of their beloved Obamacare. Just gives us more fodder for the massacre at the ballot box next go-around.

    The PEOPLE will inevitably take this nation back. My only concern is that it hasn't already become a Humpty Dumpty when they do.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What of ANY bill that you have favored from the previous congress have you even a modicum of knowledge about. You are the most blind toady to ever follow the Democrat line I've been aware of in my lifetime.

    Please stop humiliating yourself by posting your pathetic views, which are known before you write them down. Just posting where you live is adequate for all to know you are nothing but a hanging chad.

    The POINT to the repeal bill has nothing to do with it passing (just for you and your sycophantic buddies on board to understand)...I know this is deep for you and the other mental midgets to comprehend, but the PEOPLE want to learn just who the rest of the ignoramuses in Washington are, so we can vote them out as well. Imagine that...the PEOPLE are starting to take charge of THEIR government, and ousting the socialists before we have gone completely fascist in this nation.

    Time for your oligarchy to run for cover Roger. Eventually the TEA Party will have found ALL the correct individuals to put up against your socialists...be they RINOs or liberals or....(gulp) INDEPENDANTS...like Bernie.

    We love it when we see those up-for-election-in-2012 Senators and congresscritters voting in favor of their beloved Obamacare. Just gives us more fodder for the massacre at the ballot box next go-around.

    The PEOPLE will inevitably take this nation back. My only concern is that it hasn't already become a Humpty Dumpty when they do.

    UB
    I guess there were not enough people killed in Arizona for your liking. I guess if you can't vote them out of office then there is always the alternative.

    Whats the matter didn't the Bush administration do enough to ruin the Country that you want the Tea Party to come and finish the job? Did you really think a senile old man and a lunatic were the people you wanted running this Country? Everyone and his brother knew that when Obama was running for President he said he was going to put health care as one of his priorities and yet he still got elected.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-22-2011 at 02:41 PM.

  9. #59
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I guess there were not enough people killed in Arizona for your liking. I guess if you can't vote them out of office then there is always the alternative.

    Whats the matter didn't the Bush administration do enough to ruin the Country that you want the Tea Party to come and finish the job?

    Don't be such a weenie... you sound like that nut on CNN apologizing for the guy that said "crosshairs." Get a grip.

    Are you afraid to go to that big box store that has that round logo... you know the one, its red and white with a little black circle in the middle. It looks like something you would sh... er.. send a projectile towards. The name starts with a T and ends with a T. It's TARGET Roger... does that scare you?
    Bill Davis

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What of ANY bill that you have favored from the previous congress have you even a modicum of knowledge about. You are the most blind toady to ever follow the Democrat line I've been aware of in my lifetime.

    Please stop humiliating yourself by posting your pathetic views, which are known before you write them down. Just posting where you live is adequate for all to know you are nothing but a hanging chad.

    The POINT to the repeal bill has nothing to do with it passing (just for you and your sycophantic buddies on board to understand)...I know this is deep for you and the other mental midgets to comprehend, but the PEOPLE want to learn just who the rest of the ignoramuses in Washington are, so we can vote them out as well. Imagine that...the PEOPLE are starting to take charge of THEIR government, and ousting the socialists before we have gone completely fascist in this nation.

    Time for your oligarchy to run for cover Roger. Eventually the TEA Party will have found ALL the correct individuals to put up against your socialists...be they RINOs or liberals or....(gulp) INDEPENDANTS...like Bernie.

    We love it when we see those up-for-election-in-2012 Senators and congresscritters voting in favor of their beloved Obamacare. Just gives us more fodder for the massacre at the ballot box next go-around.

    The PEOPLE will inevitably take this nation back. My only concern is that it hasn't already become a Humpty Dumpty when they do.

    UB
    Well ... You certainly established that you can sling the insults. Nice work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •