The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Goobernment Motors

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Aray:

In July there were 22000 people hired by major manufacturers in Michigan.--11000 by automobile manufacturers. Source : Detroit Free Press

Nice statistic. Too bad they make no mention of which manufacturer. Over 4,000 of those added were by Chrysler. Another 6,000 were at Ford Manufacturing plants. guess that leaves a little room for another cookie for GM

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I guess I don't understand why you would think that any business is in business to give back. They are in business to make money.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    I guess I don't understand why you would think that any business is in business to give back. They are in business to make money.
    They are in business because the American Taxpayer paid them to be in business. When I own part of a business, I expect a return.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    They are in business because the American Taxpayer paid them to be in business. When I own part of a business, I expect a return.
    You are not going to get instant gratification when a company, down on its knees three years ago, needs to make capital expenditures in plants and equipment. However the present CEO thinks that GM is a good bet. He has been purchasing a bunch of it.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

You are not going to get instant gratification when a company, down on its knees three years ago, needs to make capital expenditures in plants and equipment. However the present CEO thinks that GM is a good bet. He has been purchasing a bunch of it.
    He's gonna have to hold it for a long time to make any money... all those shares given to the unions and such were about 50$ a share... what is it today? $25?
    Bill Davis

Ps. Jeep is going to hire 1100 new workers in Toledo. Source: Toledo Blade
    Zeus

Bill - If you go to Yahoo Finance and compare the Ford (symbol: F) chart with the GM chart(symbol: GM) you will see that the two pretty well parallel each other. We are coming off a real crushing recession and You can't expect instant rebound. Demand for cars and trucks are just now approaching normal.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 08-16-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Zeus

Bill - If you go to Yahoo Finance and compare the Ford (symbol: F) chart with the GM chart(symbol: GM) you will see that the two pretty well parallel each other.
    I never said anything about Ford, but Ok... One differnce I would note is that Ford is doing it without billions of taxpayer dollars propping them up...
    Bill Davis

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I never said anything about Ford, but Ok... One differnce I would note is that Ford is doing it without billions of taxpayer dollars propping them up...
    Bill you miss the point. You are complaining about the stock's performance. GM has pretty much followed its competitor, Ford, in price.

I am government assistance to the ailing companies.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 08-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Zeus