The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Goobernment Motors

Hey, hows that GM stock doin for ya????

GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Sales Outlook
    February 24, 2011, 1:46 PM EST

Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. fell to the lowest since its initial public offering in November as rising oil prices dimmed the outlook for truck sales after the largest U.S. automaker’s most profitable year since 1999.

GM slid $1.89, or 5.5 percent, to $32.70 at 1:21 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The drop marked the first day GM traded at less than its $33 initial offering price in November.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...s-outlook.html

RK

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. fell to the lowest since its initial public offering in November as rising oil prices dimmed the outlook for truck sales after the largest U.S. automaker’s most profitable year since 1999.

GM slid $1.89, or 5.5 percent, to $32.70 at 1:21 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The drop marked the first day GM traded at less than its $33 initial offering price in November.

RK

RK
    A good time to start dealing with the UAW or we will have to bail them out again. The UAW still has thier claws into us for some 50 billion!

The government missed a great opportunity to deal with the UAW in getting meaningful concessions when they were bailed out two years ago.

GM needs to take a hard look at how the Asian auto mfg's operate in this country. There is a reason they stayed clear of union friendly states in building thier autoplants in the right to work South.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    A good time to start dealing with the UAW or we will have to bail them out again. The UAW still has thier claws into us for some 50 billion!

The government missed a great opportunity to deal with the UAW in getting meaningful concessions when they were bailed out two years ago.

GM needs to take a hard look at how the Asian auto mfg's operate in this country. There is a reason they stayed clear of union friendly states in building thier autoplants in the right to work South.

You know, this is a good point.
    In this case we tried dealing with the union the way the Democrats want to do it.
    It has NOT worked.

Maybe it's time to try it Walkers way?????

Just sayin'.....

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. fell to the lowest since its initial public offering in November as rising oil prices dimmed the outlook for truck sales after the largest U.S. automakerís most profitable year since 1999.

RK

RK
    Stock prices go up and down. Could be time to buy. Everyone knows auto company stock is affected by oil prices (especially those companies that build full-size trucks). When the middle east situation settles down and gas prices drop, stock prices will rebound.

It's easy to pick on GM, but why didn't you mention that Ford's stock is down as well. Their stock fell 13% at the end of Jan. when announced they missed Q4 2010 earning estimates. They're down another 9% now. So, since the end of Jan., their stock has fallen from $18.79 to $14.62. That's probably not working out too well for their stockholders either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Stock prices go up and down. Could be time to buy. Everyone knows auto company stock is affected by oil prices (especially those companies that build full-size trucks). When the middle east situation settles down and gas prices drop, stock prices will rebound.

It's easy to pick on GM, but why didn't you mention that Ford's stock is down as well. Their stock fell 13% at the end of Jan. when announced they missed Q4 2010 earning estimates. They're down another 9% now. So, since the end of Jan., their stock has fallen from $18.79 to $14.62. That's probably not working out too well for their stockholders either.
    Because the Government didn't buy Ford.

DUHHHHH!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Because the Government didn't buy Ford.

DUHHHHH!!!!

RK
    What does that have to do with stock prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    And you righties were against obama saving General Motors from going bankrupt. I remember alot of you here saying not to buy anything from goobernment motors.
    http://www.flixxy.com/gm-hy-wire-concept-car.htm
    Treasury: U.S. to lose $25 billion on auto bailout
    By David Shepardson
    Detroit News Washington Bureau

Washington -The Treasury Department says in a new report the government expects to lose more than $25 billion on the $85 billion auto bailout. That's 15 percent higher than its previous forecast.

In a monthly report sent to Congress on Friday, the Obama administration boosted its forecast of expected losses by more than $3.3 billion to almost $25.1 billion, up from $21.7 billion in the last quarterly update.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ixzz23SilA7y6]
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...TO01/208130392

Yup, us "righties" were way off the mark.
    Frankly, I had no idea it would be this bad!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Manufacturing jobs and wages are what made this country great. They are what spurred our economy. People made enough money to live well, buy home, cars, etc., and put their kids through college. Now, that most of those jobs are gone, and the threat of outsourcing remaining jobs keeps wages low, where is our economy? Besides, can you make it on what you were getting paid 15 years ago?

I worked in an auto plant one summer. It was hard and dirty work. I wasn't in the union yet, but I made good money. I could have stayed, but that job only served to reinforce the fact that I needed to go back to school. The people I worked with earned every dime they got paid. I certainly wouldn't have done that job for 1/2 the pay.
    Ditto... I worked in a Ford stamping plant summers to put my way through school. These guys who criticize the union ought to go to work on the floor once before they open their mouths.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Ditto... I worked in a Ford stamping plant summers to put my way through school. These guys who criticize the union ought to go to work on the floor once before they open their mouths.
    There are many on this board that are currently or have in the past (as in my case) been in unions and voiced their opposition to the unions. Maybe you should look through the board to see that just because someone was / is part of a union doesn't mean that all of a sudden the union is this great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    There are many on this board that are currently or have in the past (as in my case) been in unions and voiced their opposition to the unions. Maybe you should look through the board to see that just because someone was / is part of a union doesn't mean that all of a sudden the union is this great thing.
    If you ever worked in a car plant 12/7 then you are entitled to your opinion and your paycheck. If you haven't then ....
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!