The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what's best for America isn't it RK?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Chinese President Hu Jintao arrived in the United States on Tuesday for a state visit that will include high-profile talks with President Barack Obama on trade, currency, North Korea and other issues.
    The three-day trip includes a state dinner on Wednesday and the eighth face-to-face meeting between Obama and the Chinese leader, which administration officials say illustrates the importance of relations between two global powers at a time described by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as a "critical juncture."
    And Rush Limbaugh is making fun of him How is that good for America?
    Harry Reid Calls Hu Jintao A 'Dictator' As State Visit Begins

LAS VEGAS -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid branded Chinese President Hu Jintao a "dictator" on a TV talk show on Tuesday night, a remark likely to make the start of Hu's first state visit to Washington, D.C., awkward for President Obama at a moment when the U.S. is trying to ease tensions with the Asian power.

Reid was responding to a question from "Face To Face" host Jon Ralston about the December compromise that extended the Bush-era tax cuts. The Nevada senator veered off on a tangent intended to compare the American and Chinese systems of government to give a roundabout defense of the importance of legislative compromise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_810900.html

You tell me.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Don't you get it?
    Do you think Obama is the only president to kiss China's azz?
    Who put them on the MFN list? (and that's not a racial slur)

The almighty dollar and commerce trump all....even human rights. What has Cuba done that China hasn't done 10x over, yet we welcome them to state dinners and make the best cigars in the world illegal here?

I realize Obama is the sitting POTUS, and he's a favorite target of many on this list....but to trivialize US-China relations as another of Obama's follies, is very naive, and totally misses the issue.
    Tell that to all his own people who have been killed, imprisoned, starved, hidden from the world for all these years. How about the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize Winner being held in prison there now? You Libs scream like hell about the death of one soldier when a republican is in the White House, Put a Dem in there... No more reports on the war and you glorify dictators that kill more of their own people every year than die in all the ongoing wars combined. Typical lib hypocrisy.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now that you mention it, he sort of looks like the pot bellied pig dictator of North Korea. They may not be related, but they treat their people the same way. Funny that Obama, a Nobel Peace Prize winner would honor someone such as this with a state dinner. Strike the funny part...it's really pretty bewildering like a lot of things Obama does.
    But it is OK for President Bush to visit China? bewildering isn't it?

Exactly 30 years after U.S. President Richard Nixon's historic visit to China, U.S. President George W. Bush made a 30-hour China visit. At a historic moment, with the two heads of state meeting in Beijing to review history and look ahead, China and the United States, two big countries bearing special responsibilities for world peace, stability and prosperity, have begun a new stage of developing constructive relations of cooperation in the new century.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-21-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Now that you mention it, he sort of looks like the pot bellied pig dictator of North Korea. They may not be related, but they treat their people the same way.

all them asian guys look the same...LMAO

relax people I am asian but with a little more red about the neck and I can usually tell the difference, except when it comes to my family
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

relax people I am asian but with a little more red about the neck and I can usually tell the difference, except when it comes to my family
    My wife's side of the family calls their hillbillies "brown-necks". They're Filippino.

I don't know if that's what Roger posted, but Rush's mockery of the Chinese president didn't even rise to the level of romper-room and dirty diaper humor. I can't believe anyone takes him seriously anymore.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Roger,

Your "trolling" motor is stuck on 1 speed, your "red herrings" appear lifeless and are really starting to smell bad, & your jigging technique has devolved into a predictable nervous twitch.

Just trying to help.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

That's what my black buddies on my high school football team used to say about us white guys... we all looked the same!
    Bill Davis

Tell that to all his own people who have been killed, imprisoned, starved, hidden from the world for all these years. How about the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize Winner being held in prison there now? You Libs scream like hell about the death of one soldier when a republican is in the White House, Put a Dem in there... No more reports on the war and you glorify dictators that kill more of their own people every year than die in all the ongoing wars combined. Typical lib hypocrisy.
    You are so blind to your own hypocrisy. First, NOTHING I said implies liberalism. You get get your jollies by name calling and labelling anyone who points out your discrepencies.

Where was your outrage when Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II were forging ongoing relations with China? Ever hear of those guys??

Please spare me the liberal name-calling and hypocrisy.

If you weren't so wrapped up in neo-con blinders, you would have seen my post was referring to my bewilderment that BOTH parties have behaved in a hypopcritic manner when it comes to China. There was no partisanship implied. Its just if anyone fails to plant a wet one on Rush or Hannity or whoever you listen to, you call them liberal. Ain't so, Sally.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You are so blind to your own hypocrisy. First, NOTHING I said implies liberalism. You get get your jollies by name calling and labelling anyone who points out your discrepencies.

Where was your outrage when Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II were forging ongoing relations with China? Ever hear of those guys??

Please spare me the liberal name-calling and hypocrisy.

If you weren't so wrapped up in neo-con blinders, you would have seen my post was referring to my bewilderment that BOTH parties have behaved in a hypopcritic manner when it comes to China. There was no partisanship implied. Its just if anyone fails to plant a wet one on Rush or Hannity or whoever you listen to, you call them liberal. Ain't so, Sally.
    I believe it was Richard Nixon that actually opened those doors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Nixon_visit_to_China

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Yeah, and we've even changed the name from "most favored nation" to "normal trade relations".

Kind of implies, "even if we think you're a sh!+ head, we still want your cheap products for our Walmart shelves" !

Both parties have participated in this. Hey, I guess the dollar trumps all? I just wish we could get some Habana-Magnums here cheaper and easier.