The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Doesn't sound like the end of the recession!

Default Doesn't sound like the end of the recession!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41188877...ew_york_times/
    Policy makers are working behind the scenes to come up with a way to let states declare bankruptcy and get out from under crushing debts, including the pensions they have promised to retired public workers.
    Unlike cities, the states are barred from seeking protection in federal bankruptcy court. Any effort to change that status would have to clear high constitutional hurdles because the states are considered sovereign.

If these state and local Governments default on their bonds it willmake the real estate failure seem like childs play.

Yet they continue to pull crap like thius;
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/21/us/21bccola.html?_r=2

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

If you happen to save responsibly for retirement, LOOK OUT!

YOUR pot of money, and the collective IRA pot of money is sure to get the attention of government noses, who are looking for a way to fund bankrupt pension funds and individuals who bought jet skis instead of savings accounts all their life when "times were good".

I will be royally Pizzed if the same yahoos I see buying sport cars and boats while I am saving, come around with their hat in their hands in 20 years or so.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

YOUR pot of money, and the collective IRA pot of money is sure to get the attention of government noses, who are looking for a way to fund bankrupt pension funds and individuals who bought jet skis instead of savings accounts all their life when "times were good".

I will be royally Pizzed if the same yahoos I see buying sport cars and boats while I am saving, come around with their hat in their hands in 20 years or so.
    As President Obama told Joe the Plumber, "we should spread the wealth around, let everyone have a little." Don't be so tight doc...
    Bill Davis

I suggest you rat hole as much as you can now because when you become an employee of an HMO your income will take it in the shorts. This assumes your not already someones employee working 9-5 with plenty of time to roam around here.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I suggest you rat hole as much as you can now because when you become an employee of an HMO your income will take it in the shorts. This assumes your not already someones employee working 9-5 with plenty of time to roam around here.
    Medical reimbursements are already set by the gov't in the form of medicare, and the majority of private payers follow closely. Physicians sign contracts with HMOs and have been taking it in the shorts ever since the Bill Frists have been in charge of medical economics.

The hours are routinely 7a to when the work is done. Be that noon, three, or midnight. People don't get sick on a schedule.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Medical reimbursements are already set by the gov't in the form of medicare, and the majority of private payers follow closely. Physicians sign contracts with HMOs and have been taking it in the shorts ever since the Bill Frists have been in charge of medical economics.

The hours are routinely 7a to when the work is done. Be that noon, three, or midnight. People don't get sick on a schedule.
    There are plenty physicians who do not sign contracts with HMOs and continue their private practice IE working for themselves.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Really? Have you ever seen what Doctors make who work for Kaiser. I assure you, it is 6 figures. Not saying they're aren't worth it. Just that there pay does not decrease when they work directly for an Insurance company.

There are plenty physicians who do not sign contracts with HMOs and continue their private practice IE working for themselves.
    I am a surgeon. My craft requires the use of a hospital-based OR. While there are some physicians who go "barefoot" (no third party payers) they are exceedingly rare, and tend to be primary care based practices that do not rely on expensive technologies or infrastructure.

The push towards specialization and sub-specialization have made the cost of medical care unaffordable to most Americans without insurance. In order to have a patient base, docs are almost forced to sign with their local insurance carrier and gov't programs.

Plastic aesthetic surgery, spa medicine, and other lifestyle specialties are a totally different story. People miraculously find the cash for boobs and hair treatments, but just come up short for cancer treatment and preventive medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    Really? Have you ever seen what Doctors make who work for Kaiser. I assure you, it is 6 figures. Not saying they're aren't worth it. Just that there pay does not decrease when they work directly for an Insurance company.
    newlab, no doctor works for an insurance company except those in an advisory capacity, underwriting, board member, etc. As far as making big bucks working for an HMO, that is not disputed. I personally would rather have a physician who answers to me first and rather than his employer.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth