The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now even Michele Bachman is talking about a White House run

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Come on, Bill. You have to admit some of the comments Bachmann has made are a bit bizarre. Do you really want someone with that kind of thought process leading the country?
    Let's line her up against Nancy P.

Why don't you list some of her comments and positions that offend you?
    I will list some of Pelosi's.......sound like a fair fight to you???

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

stan b
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxQZMSl-o0

I don't even have to pull up video's of Sarah Palin do I??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxQZMSl-o0

I don't even have to pull up video's of Sarah Palin do I??????????????????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI4ecR9gWj8

Game, Set & Match.....RK

NEXT........
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI4ecR9gWj8

Game, Set & Match.....RK

NEXT........
    Hey RK, have you EVER seen me defend Nancy Peloci or any other Democrat for making stupid statements yet let anyone make any statement about any Republican and you righties are right there to defend them to the bitter end. I didn't hear anything about Pelosi running for the highest office in the land have you? Checkmate.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-23-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Banned

stan b
    Good point. I'll start it. "Impeachment is off the table".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You libs are supposed to be so enlightened and progressive, welcoming women, minorities, gays and according some even slackers... .
    For some reason, the Conservative movement has a soft spot and a warm embrace for hard talkers. I don't think these people are stupid at all. They are cashing in on a nitch that exists within the conservative movement. They are very dangerous to democracy however.

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    For some reason, the Conservative movement has a soft spot and a warm embrace for hard talkers. I don't think these people are stupid at all. They are cashing in on a nitch that exists within the conservative movement. They are very dangerous to democracy however.
    It took a few "hard talkers" to get this country started. It may take a few to save it from the likes of the crowd screwing it up now.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newlab View Post
    Good point. I'll start it. "Impeachment is off the table".
    To expound on that
    House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi promised Wednesday that when her party takes over, the new majority will not attempt to remove President Bush from office, despite earlier pledges to the contrary from others in the caucus.
    “I have said it before and I will say it again: Impeachment is off the table,” Pelosi, D-Calif., said during a news conference.
    Pelosi also said Democrats, despite complaining about years of unfair treatment by the majority GOP, “are not about getting even” with Republicans.
    She said the GOP, which frequently excluded Democrats from conference committee hearings and often blocked attempts to introduce amendments, would not suffer similar treatment.
    “Democrats pledge civility and bipartisanship in the conduct of the work here and we pledge partnerships with Congress and the Republicans in Congress, and the president — not partisanship.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/cq/2006/11/08/cq_1916.html

On the other hand----
    Thu, 12/10/2009 - 5:38pm — Misty
    A new poll released by Public Policy Polling Wednesday introduced some surprising numbers.
    Thirty-five percent of Republicans said that they would support impeaching Obama for his actions so far, though there is no indication of what specific "actions" they think could potentially merit impeachment.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-23-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Thirty-five percent of Republicans said that they would support impeaching Obama for his actions so far, though there is no indication of what specific "actions" they think could potentially merit impeachment.
    These are the people you see on "Hoarders" each week. They traded in their teeth for IQ points. And they weren't starting with all 33 to begin with!

Now before anyone here gets their bowels in a twist, I'm NOT referring to anyone here! I love you guys.

Go STEELERS!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Comparing some issues that matter to me:
    2nd Amendment - MB is a strong supporter of the 2nd and member of Congressional Sportsman' Caucus. PBO favors restrictions on firearms such as ratification of the Small Arms Treaty and has appointed a SCOTUS justice that concurred with the dissenting opinions against gun ownership.

Health care reform - MB wants to address lawsuit abuses/ PBO had his chance, did nothing
    HSA's - MB wants to expand them/PBO wants to get rid of them via Ocare
    Medical expenses & premiums - MB wants 100% deduction/ PBO wants us to pay for others care as well as pay fines or go to prison if you don't.

Advantage = MB

Border control & immigration - MB favors enforcing existing laws & not rewarding those who have broken them/ PBO favors relaxation of borders & amnesty.

Energy independence - MB favors utilizing our resources to reduce monies going to foreign, often hostile interests, does not support Cap & Trade/ PBO has made domestic production more difficult, helped cause prices to go up and favors the huge expansion of the gov through C & T, which by his own admission would cause electricity rates to skyrocket..

Continued advantage = MB

Taxes - MB would do away with the IRS as we know it through the Taxpayers Bill of Rights and other measures for a simpler. fairer tax system such as eliminating the death tax/ PBO has added more agents and expanded the IRS's role to enforce HCR, and has committed us to higher tax levels for generations to come through increased deficit spending & higher debt ceilings, would have added even more taxes through C & T. With the policies continued by, and initiated from this Admin, I am reading from some financial experts, that even if we taxed every American's income at 100%, we still couldn't pay the interest on our debt. We would still have to borrow money to maintain the status quo.
    THAT'S some "hope & change" for us!

Privacy - PBO & his Admin has pushed for increased government intrusion/intervention into private lives, from advocating domestic monitoring of cell phones & the Internet, to tracking your movements via GPS without a court ordered warrant, and statements that citizens do NOT have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their public movements. In addition, under Ocare, the gov will monitor & review the decisions made by a patient & their health care provider, & maintain a new database that will be used for only God knows what future purposes, limited by only an appointed secretary/ bureaucrat's twisted logic.

With a resume like that in only 2 years, and enough "stupid statements" of his own on the record, such as "the Constitution doesn't state what the government must do for you" how can one say that Bachmann doesn't have a right to make herself heard?

Jmtc, if it wasn't for the tradition of trying to balance the ticket geographically, I'd say that an "all MN ticket" of Pawlenty/Bachmann wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by BrianW; 01-23-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791