The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now even Michele Bachman is talking about a White House run

Brian, good points and logic don't count with the libs. Their irrational hatred of all things conservative knows no bounds especially if it comes from something they fear... an attractive woman, who is well eduacated (an attorney), and is not afraid of them. They will continue to attack her while frothing at the mouth just as they do with Palin. Like a pack of crazed animals... Obamazombies or whatever you want to call them.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Comparing some issues that matter to me:
    2nd Amendment - MB is a strong supporter of the 2nd and member of Congressional Sportsman' Caucus. PBO favors restrictions on firearms such as ratification of the Small Arms Treaty and has appointed SCOTUS justice that concurred with the dissenting opinions against gun ownership.

Health care reform - MB wants to address lawsuit abuses/ PBO had his chance, did nothing
    HSA's - MB wants to expand them/PBO wants to get rid of them via Ocare
    Medical expenses & premiums - MB wants 100% deduction/ PBO wants us to pay for others care as well as pay fines or go to prison if you don't.

Advantage = MB

Border control & immigration - MB favors enforcing existing laws & not rewarding those who have broken them/ PBO favors relaxation of borders & amnesty.

Energy independence - MB favors utilizing our resources to reduce monies going to foreign, often hostile interests, does not support Cap & Trade/ PBO has made domestic production more difficult, helped cause prices to go up and favors the huge expansion of the gov through C & T, which by his own admission would cause electricity rates to skyrocket..

Continued advantage = MB

Taxes - MB would do away with the IRS as we know it through the Taxpayers Bill of Rights and other measures for a simpler. fairer tax system such as eliminating the death tax/ PBO has added more agents and expanded the IRS's role to enforce HCR, and has committed us to higher tax levels for generations to come through increased deficit spending & higher debt ceilings, would have added even more taxes through C & T. With the policies continued by, and initiated from this Admin, I am reading from some financial experts, that even if we taxed every American's income at 100%, we still couldn't pay the interest on our debt. We would still have to borrow money to maintain the status quo.
    THAT'S some "hope & change" for us!

Privacy - PBO & his Admin has pushed for increased government intrusion/intervention into private lives, from advocating domestic monitoring of cell phones & the Internet, to tracking your movements via GPS without a court ordered warrant, and statements that citizens do NOT have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their public movements. In addition, under Ocare, the gov will monitor & review the decisions made by a patient & their health care provider, & maintain a new database that will be used for only God knows what future purposes, limited by only an appointed secretary/ bureaucrat's twisted logic.

With a resume like that in only 2 years, and enough "stupid statements" of his own on the record, such as "the Constitution doesn't state what the government must do for you" how can one say that Bachmann doesn't have a right to make herself heard?

Jmtc, if it wasn't for the tradition of trying to balance the ticket geographically, I'd say that an "all MN ticket" of Pawlenty/Bachmann wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility.
    that even if we taxed every American's income at 100%, we still couldn't pay the interest on our debt.
    And just who was it that got our Government trillions of dollars in debt to start with? It sure wasn't Clinton.

PBO & his Admin has pushed for increased government intrusion/intervention into private lives, from advocating domestic monitoring of cell phones & internet

Wasn't it really Bush who authorized illegal wire taps then got a law passed after the fact to make it legal?????
    Senate Approves Telco Amnesty, Legalizes Bushís Secret Spy Program

• <LI class=entryAuthor _extended="true">By Ryan Singel <LI class=entryDate _extended="true">February 12, 2008 | <LI class=entryTime _extended="true">2:59 pm | <LI class=entryCategories _extended="true">Categories: NSA

The Senate overwhelming voted Tuesday evening to legalize President Bushís warrantless wiretapping program and grant amnesty to the phone companies that helped out with the domestic spying..

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Let's line her up against Nancy P.

Why don't you list some of her comments and positions that offend you?
    I will list some of Pelosi's.......sound like a fair fight to you???

stan b
    I never said Bachmanís comments offended me. I said they were bizarre, and they are.

Iím not sure how Peloci got dragged into this. I realize she has made some bizarre comments of her own, and you havenít ever seen me defend her either. But, how does Pelociís behavior legitimize Bachmannís behavior? It doesnít make Bachmann any less bizarre. Personally, I wouldnít want either one of them as President or Vice President.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I never said Bachmanís comments offended me. I said they were bizarre, and they are.

Iím not sure how Peloci got dragged into this. I realize she has made some bizarre comments of her own, and you havenít ever seen me defend her either. But, how does Pelociís behavior legitimize Bachmannís behavior? It doesnít make Bachmann any less bizarre. Personally, I wouldnít want either one of them as President or Vice President.
    I basicly said the same thing to RK that I never defended Pelosi and never got a response back from him either. Stupid remarks are stupid remarks it doesn't make any difference to me if it is a Republican or Democrat that makes them but the righties here feel they have to step up and defend their own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Brian, good points and logic don't count with the libs. Their irrational hatred of all things conservative knows no bounds especially if it comes from something they fear... an attractive woman, who is well eduacated (an attorney), and is not afraid of them. They will continue to attack her while frothing at the mouth just as they do with Palin. Like a pack of crazed animals... Obamazombies or whatever you want to call them.

Because Bachman is an attorney you think she is smart. Obama also is an attorney who taught Constitutional law and you think he is not smart.
    You also think GW Bush is smart yet he was unable to get into law school because his grades were too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I never said Bachman’s comments offended me. I said they were bizarre, and they are.

I’m not sure how Peloci got dragged into this. I realize she has made some bizarre comments of her own, and you haven’t ever seen me defend her either. But, how does Peloci’s behavior legitimize Bachmann’s behavior? It doesn’t make Bachmann any less bizarre. Personally, I wouldn’t want either one of them as President or Vice President.
    And I have never called her any names, have I???

But many of the so called "middle of the road independents" can't help them selves when it comes to calling people names.
    I don't like it.

And don't start with what about the name calling of Obama, anyone that's been around here a while knows how I feel about that as well.
    Makes the name caller's arguments diminish greatly.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Because Bachman is an attorney you think she is smart. Obama also is an attorney who taught Constitutional law and you think he is not smart.
    You also think GW Bush is smart yet he was unable to get into law school because his grades were too low.

Guess he was smart enough to get an MBA from Harvard, and his BA from Yale, last time I checked those two universities arent giving those away
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I never said Obama is not smart, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. That's why I want him out. As for Bush, well I know you love him...his grades were better than John F'ing(as he is known in the media) Kerry
    Last edited by huntinman; 01-23-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I never said Obama is not smart, I think he knows exactly what he is doing. That's why I want him out. As for Bush, well I know you love him...his grades were better than John F'ing(as he is known in the media) Kerry:razz:
    Don't forget Ted Kennedy.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    And I have never called her any names, have I???

But many of the so called "middle of the road independents" can't help them selves when it comes to calling people names.
    I don't like it.

And don't start with what about the name calling of Obama, anyone that's been around here a while knows how I feel about that as well.
    Makes the name caller's arguments diminish greatly.

stan b
    I don't hold with the name calling either. That's why I don't do it.