The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Governor

Default Wisconsin Governor

2 HUGE things happening in Wisconsin, spurred on by our new Governor Scott Walker.
    (remember the name!!!)

#1--Photo ID to vote....no ID, no vote.

#2--No same day voter registration, kills ACORN!!!
    It takes 2 minutes to register, you only have to do it once.
    If you don't have the where with all to do that, maybe you shouldn't vote.

Awesome.......maybe an honest election will come.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

That'll bring the jobs flooding into Wisconsin.

Hot button issues regards...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    That'll bring the jobs flooding into Wisconsin.

Hot button issues regards...
    I think that the majority of the people think this is a good idea.
    What would be the negative?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I can't really see it as a negative. I just didn't realize that election fraud was a big issue in Wisconsin. On the other hand, job is a big issue, and I can't see too many jobs created by this big development. After-all, didn't the guy sort of run as job creator in chief?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I can't really see it as a negative. I just didn't realize that election fraud was a big issue in Wisconsin. On the other hand, job is a big issue, and I can't see too many jobs created by this big development. After-all, didn't the guy sort of run as job creator in chief?
    Yeah, he has been in office 2 weeks now.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, he ran on cutting wasteful govt. spending and reducing tax burdens on business that has been run out of WI over the last 8 years.

But hey, what do I know, I only live here.

In regard to voter fraud.....big time!!
    Almost as bad as Nevada.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, he has been in office 2 weeks now.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, he ran on cutting wasteful govt. spending and reducing tax burdens on business that has been run out of WI over the last 8 years.

But hey, what do I know, I only live here.

In regard to voter fraud.....big time!!
    Almost as bad as Nevada.

stan b
    Yeah, maybe it will cut down on Republican voter fraud. That's where you were going with this right?

Man arrested in voter fraud

Mark Jacoby, owner of a firm hired by the state GOP, allegedly broke the law with his own registration.

October 20, 2008|Evan Halper | Times Staff Writer
    SACRAMENTO — The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario over the weekend on suspicion of voter registration fraud.
    State and local investigators allege that Mark Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California address where he no longer lives so he would appear to meet the legal requirement that all signature gatherers be eligible to vote in California. His firm, Young Political Majors, or YPM, collects petition signatures and registers voters in California and other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yeah, maybe it will cut down on Republican voter fraud. That's where you were going with this right?

Man arrested in voter fraud

Mark Jacoby, owner of a firm hired by the state GOP, allegedly broke the law with his own registration.

October 20, 2008|Evan Halper | Times Staff Writer
    SACRAMENTO The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario over the weekend on suspicion of voter registration fraud.
    State and local investigators allege that Mark Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California address where he no longer lives so he would appear to meet the legal requirement that all signature gatherers be eligible to vote in California. His firm, Young Political Majors, or YPM, collects petition signatures and registers voters in California and other states.

Don't know what this has to do with WI.

Another thread soiled.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Another thread soiled.

RK
    You mean Sacamento isn't in Wisconsin? I thought it must have been, because there is no way that Roger was off topic!

Banned

Another thread soiled.

RK
    Aw RK can I please post here can I can I can I oh please please please.

Right Wing Foments Voter Fraud Conspiracies, Hatches ‘Voter Caging’ Plot To Suppress Minority Votes In WI Documents and audio recordings released yesterday by One Wisconsin Now document an apparent plot by the Wisconsin Republican Party, Koch-funded Americans for Prosperity (aka Fight Back Wisconsin), and various other tea party groups to suppress votes from minorities and students in this year’s elections using a well-documented — and illegal— practice known as “voter caging.” The alleged plot offers fresh evidence that long-discredited right-wing conspiracy theories about massive voter fraud supposedly perpetrated by minorities and others remain alive and well in both the official GOP establishment and its tea party base.
    “Voter caging” is a means of voter suppression and intimidation that involves sending mail to a list of voters, compiling a list of mail pieces returned as undeliverable, and then challenging those voters at the polls or otherwise attempting to remove them from the voter rolls. The mere process of challenging voters can intimidate from voting even if they are eligible, cause long lines to form at polling places that will then discourage others from voting, and may result in eligible voters casting provisional ballots which stand a high likelihood of not being counted in the final tally.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/21/...-voter-caging/
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-24-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    You mean Sacamento isn't in Wisconsin? I thought it must have been, because there is no way that Roger was off topic!
    Apparently you did not read the entire last sentence where it said "and in other states". It did not specify which other states so it could mean Wisconsin or not.