The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: More good news for the Republicans

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default More good news for the Republicans

    ELKHART, Ind. — The economy in the nation’s industrial heartland — as embodied by this manufacturing-reliant "RV capital of the world" — is growing again, with factories calling back some workers who lost their jobs in droves at the height of the recession. But as is the case in many parts of the country, the recovery here is really two tales of one city: one told by those who are hiring or being rehired, and another by those who so far have been left behind.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41197260...n_the_economy/

    If the economy keeps improving the righties here will have 6 more years to complain about Obama.
    I know RK & UB will be glad to hear this because they are for anything that is good for America!
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-24-2011 at 04:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    ELKHART, Ind. The economy in the nations industrial heartland as embodied by this manufacturing-reliant "RV capital of the world" is growing again, with factories calling back some workers who lost their jobs in droves at the height of the recession. But as is the case in many parts of the country, the recovery here is really two tales of one city: one told by those who are hiring or being rehired, and another by those who so far have been left behind.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41197260...n_the_economy/

    If the economy keeps improving the righties here will have 6 more years to complain about Obama.
    I know RK & UB will be glad to hear this because they are for anything that is good for America!
    Maybe those tax cut extension are working. You cant have both ways RP.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Maybe those tax cut extension are working. You cant have both ways RP.
    Then why have they not worked from 2007 to 2009?

  4. #4
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Then why have they not worked from 2007 to 2009?
    What was the unemployment when Bush left ? What is it now? Companys were keeping there money for fear Obama was going to raise there taxes. Know buddy new by how much either that would done behind closed doors like every thing else this admin does. ALA HEALTH CARE.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Then why have they not worked from 2007 to 2009?

    Shows how ignorant you are in the running of the US government...

    Who is in charge of the purse strings??? Who had the majority in that body during that period???

    What part of the TEA party's purpose for forming do you not understand? If your Democrats, with their socialistic takeover of this country is what you want to continue, why go through the slo-mo fight to return Obama to full democratic back up, when you can so easily move to Cuba and see all your beliefs in action.

    Let me know when you are planning to leave, I'll chip in on your ticket.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    What was the unemployment when Bush left ? What is it now? Companys were keeping there money for fear Obama was going to raise there taxes. Know buddy new by how much either that would done behind closed doors like every thing else this admin does. ALA HEALTH CARE.
    That is the most stupid thing I have heard.
    The unemployment rate started to go up in the middle of 2007 and kept rising and now it is on the way down. Did you really think that when Obama took office the slate was wiped clean and everything starts anew? Starting in 2007 banks were going under faster than you can count, the housing bubble burst and people's houses were going into foreclosure, business were closing their doors and going out of business. Obama did not have a magic wand to make things better overnight.

    Here is a graph showing unemployment from 2000 to present. You will see for yourself how fast unemployment rose.

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey


    Series Id: LNS14000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Unemployment Rate
    Labor force status: Unemployment rate
    Type of data: Percent or rate
    Age: 16 years and over

  7. #7
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    894

    Default

    Still have not answered the ? WHAT was the up. rate then and now Sorry rp if i had the time i could find a graph to counter your. What do think companys were doing with there money hiring people i think not. I am done with you and all your your hatered to the right or any fact that make your boy and his admin look bad. The people spoke last nov and things are starting to change in the right direction a little bit.

  8. #8
    Senior Member T. Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Yup, we are really on the rebound now!

    The center's quarterly analysis finds federal tax cuts and more consumer spending will slightly boost California's overall economy in 2011 but unemployment will remain at more than 12 percent the first half of the year and above 10 percent through 2013.
    http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...119399&catid=2

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bayou Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    OK via LA
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Nothing lies like statistics. Do a search on real unemployment rate and you get numbers from one end of the scale to the other. However, a common theme of under-reporting by the labor department emerges. This article http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...hnMcCi537pucaJ was particularly interesting though it's statistics are probably weighted toward the worst possible jobless rate that the numbers can reflect.

    I don't know about the rest of you, but the politics of the day make me sick. I'm a republican (wearing a gas mask and holding my nose while typing this), but I don't think either party gives a rip about getting out of this hole our politicians have put us in. All they care about is who has the upper hand. Pundits have predicted the 2012 president will cost 1 billion dollars or more. It's common knowledge that corporations donate to both parties. That is nothing more than hedging their bets to ensure they have a say with the incoming administration regardless of the party.

    It's all about money and influence. Remember, both parties handed out billions (that we don't have) in the name of saving the economy. How is that working out?

    fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)


    "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

  10. #10
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Nothing lies like statistics. Do a search on real unemployment rate and you get numbers from one end of the scale to the other. However, a common theme of under-reporting by the labor department emerges. This article http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...hnMcCi537pucaJ was particularly interesting though it's statistics are probably weighted toward the worst possible jobless rate that the numbers can reflect.

    I don't know about the rest of you, but the politics of the day make me sick. I'm a republican (wearing a gas mask and holding my nose while typing this), but I don't think either party gives a rip about getting out of this hole our politicians have put us in. All they care about is who has the upper hand. Pundits have predicted the 2012 president will cost 1 billion dollars or more. It's common knowledge that corporations donate to both parties. That is nothing more than hedging their bets to ensure they have a say with the incoming administration regardless of the party.

    It's all about money and influence. Remember, both parties handed out billions (that we don't have) in the name of saving the economy. How is that working out?

    fp
    Well said, and the faster the majority of us understand this then the faster we can take action to fix it. It is a rare politician who acts on principle alone. When trying to figure out what they are doing or what they are thinking just think two words MONEY or POWER . One of the two will lead you to an answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •