The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla Walks Like A Man

Banned

Default Gorilla Walks Like A Man

A gorilla has achieved fame for walking upright on his hind legs like a human at a British animal park.
    Ambam, a Western lowland gorilla, was filmed strolling about his enclosure by animal researcher Johanna Watson.
    She posted the clip on YouTube, where it has been viewed by more than 250,000 people.
    Ambam, a 21-year-old silverback, is part of a bachelor group of the critically endangered animals at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, which is run by an international conservation charity, The Aspinall Foundation.
    Gorilla keeper Phil Ridges said Ambam, who now weighs 485 pounds, had been hand-reared at another animal park when he was a one-year-old for several months because he was ill.
    Family trait?
    He said the human-like walking style seemed to run in the family.
    "Ambamís father Bitam used to display the same behavior if he had handfuls of food to carry," Ridges said in a statement. "Ambam also has a full sister, Tamba, and a half sister ... who also sometimes stand and walk in the same way."

1. http://www.youtube.com/kentanimalpark#p/u/1/CrQf6cogMuI

Just in time for the Super Bowl
    Do you think the uniform will disguise him well enough to pass?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Just in time for the Super Bowl
    Do you think the uniform will disguise him well enough to pass?
    Just put a Black and Gold jersey on him and he will be the nose tackle for the Steelers.

the gorilla's IQ is probably higher than half the idiots in the league, and to paraphrase a line "you can't stop him, you can only hope to GTH out of his way"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

A gorilla has achieved fame for walking upright on his hind legs like a human at a British animal park.
    Ambam, a Western lowland gorilla, was filmed strolling about his enclosure by animal researcher Johanna Watson.
    She posted the clip on YouTube, where it has been viewed by more than 250,000 people.
    Ambam, a 21-year-old silverback, is part of a bachelor group of the critically endangered animals at Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, which is run by an international conservation charity, The Aspinall Foundation.
    Gorilla keeper Phil Ridges said Ambam, who now weighs 485 pounds, had been hand-reared at another animal park when he was a one-year-old for several months because he was ill.
    Family trait?
    He said the human-like walking style seemed to run in the family.
    "Ambam’s father Bitam used to display the same behavior if he had handfuls of food to carry," Ridges said in a statement. "Ambam also has a full sister, Tamba, and a half sister ... who also sometimes stand and walk in the same way."

1. http://www.youtube.com/kentanimalpark#p/u/1/CrQf6cogMuI
    Can he vote??

Dangling chad regards.......

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Can he vote??

Dangling chad regards.......

RK

are you willing to stop him at the door...not me..

Magnificent looking animal, I went to the gorilla habitat at the San Diego Zoo and got to see them up close, looking into their faces makes you wonder

Planet of the Apes regards
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Went thru Sturgis a few years back just before the rally for that year started. I saw a couple of those guys riding down the street with their GF's on back .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I would say he looks just like the Steelers QB, but I don't want to insult the gorilla
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Went thru Sturgis a few years back just before the rally for that year started. I saw a couple of those guys riding down the street with their GF's on back .

Jealous???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Jealous???

RK
    As Ken G would say "Fish On". I knew you wouldn't pass that up!!!!! Tho not an expert on things related to hogs there was nothing in the caboose that I wanted near me. I'm sure you would disagree, but you've seen more than I .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!