The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are You Better Off Than @ Years Ago?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I wonder Brian, if everyone in Athol has a lisp or is it only you?
    JD, where in the Hell is that step ladder?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I wonder Brian, if everyone in Athol has a lisp or is it only you?
    Nope, only the ath-holes!
    Can't speak for the one in Mathatusettes though. Maybe Barney Frank can?!
    Last edited by BrianW; 01-29-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I cannot say I am better off than I was prior to Obama taking office, but fortunately, Iím no worse off. What I am,is more optimistic. I see signs of the economy recovering. My customers bought more vehicles in 2010 than they did 2009. Most are predicting to buy more in 2011 because they are expecting their business to be better. Construction companies, who traditionally lag an economic recovery by a year, have already started booking business for the 2012 calendar year. That gives me hope that we are headed in the right direction.
    Blackstone, it would be interesting to know what makes your customers more optimistic?

Do they think it was a result of stimulus funds? or other "signs" for an improving economy?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Absolutely NO!
    Taxes have gone up. Local property taxes, state income taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes etc. Price of gas has almost doubled. Rates for electricity have gone way up. Food prices have gone up. Heck a bag of sugar is now a four pound bag rather than 5 to hide the increase. Car registration fees have increased. Just a few examples.
    ....and on top of that, I have taken a 30% pay cut! I just keep "Hoping" for a much better "Change" in 2012!

Much worse off than 2 years ago or even 10 years ago.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

worse off. business is down, costs/taxes are up. adult kids can't make it on their own any more due to bad economy and ask for money loans. when we were promised "change" I figured this was the change that was coming, but a lot of people wouldn't listen to me.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

Govt was a major part of the crisis. From the Clintons & the Bushes to the Fed & the Congresses.
    So I ask, what would Zeus (& yourself) suggest to alleviate those "concerns"
    More govt?
    In this case, yes. Deregulation and abandonment of oversight permitted the Wall Street to invent the financial fictions that caused the crash. Unfortunately nothing has changed since then and the perpetrators are not only still in business, but richer and fatter.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-30-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Al VanHoey View Post
    ....and on top of that, I have taken a 30% pay cut! I just keep "Hoping" for a much better "Change" in 2012!
    Hopefully both Obama and Perdoo doo will be gone. I really can't stand that bitch. Oh wait, that is an insult to my female dog ,Shadow.
    Sorry, Shad, Shad.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Blackstone, it would be interesting to know what makes your customers more optimistic?

Do they think it was a result of stimulus funds? or other "signs" for an improving economy?
    I do have a couple of construction companies and engineering companies as customers that have worked on projects funded by stimulus money. However, most of my customers are basing their optimism on an actual increase in business. I have customers in a variety of industries. Most of those that are optimistic are seeing signs of an improving economy. For example, I have a customer that contracts with the railroads to provide transportation for railroad crews. Railroads are shipping more goods, especially coal, so they have more crews working and being moved. In turn, my customer purchased 100 new vans to support the additional railroad business.

Generally, business, and the economy, must be improving before companies consider expanding or building new facilities. That is why construction usually trails economic recovery by about 1 year. Several of my construction customers are saying their business is going to be flat for the 2011 calendar year. However, they are already signing contracts for 2012. So, if construction is starting to book new business, it follows that the economy must be improving, at least somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I do have a couple of construction companies and engineering companies as customers that have worked on projects funded by stimulus money. However, most of my customers are basing their optimism on an actual increase in business. I have customers in a variety of industries. Most of those that are optimistic are seeing signs of an improving economy. For example, I have a customer that contracts with the railroads to provide transportation for railroad crews. Railroads are shipping more goods, especially coal, so they have more crews working and being moved. In turn, my customer purchased 100 new vans to support the additional railroad business.

Generally, business, and the economy, must be improving before companies consider expanding or building new facilities. That is why construction usually trails economic recovery by about 1 year. Several of my construction customers are saying their business is going to be flat for the 2011 calendar year. However, they are already signing contracts for 2012. So, if construction is starting to book new business, it follows that the economy must be improving, at least somewhat.
    Really.....please describe these "projects."

I do business with other businesses that communicate B2B and B2C.

Not one of them have received a dime, nor do we know of anyone in the private sector that has received a dime.
    Any hope or increase is do to the entrepenuerial spirit that has always driven America, not "stimulus" money.

Again, please elaborate on these "stimulus" projects.
    In detail..........if you can.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis