The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to watch the State Of The Union Addresss tonight?

Banned

Default Anyone going to watch the State Of The Union Addresss tonight?

Or are you going to just watch the rebuttal? Or are you going to watch something else?

I opted for root canal surgery. That way, I wouldn't be killed dying laughing, or ruining my TV by throwing a brick through the screen.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I'd like to, but I start squirming and looking for something constructive to do during the 12,000th stand and applause session. And that usually occurs in the first 10 minutes or so.

Besides, its gettin' to be pinewood derby season, and some of you know what that means!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I think I've watched every State of the Union since Carter. I'll watch again tonight. I like to punish myself...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I keep telling myself I wont, but I am sure that I will, especially since I dont have to see the former highness Nancy Pelosi and her smile done by the Joker in the background..even if you miss it, the SoTU is going to be replayed and overanalyzed by media types for hidden meanings and inference...

I am looking forward to the Official Rep. response along with the unOfficial /Tea Party response both of which I am sure will be replayed and overanalyzed by many unqualified to do so here on POTUS
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'd like to, but I start squirming and looking for something constructive to do during the 12,000th stand and applause session. And that usually occurs in the first 10 minutes or so.

Besides, its gettin' to be pinewood derby season, and some of you know what that means!
    Back in the late 60's my brother and I built identical PWD cars. They were the most boring looking cars in competition that day. He took first and I took second. Back then we didn't have the polished axles or the graphite coated speed axles. We had graphite but not the graphite with the moly additive... We didn't have the lathed wheels either. You had to "lathe" them with fine emery and try and match them using the emery cloth and a pair of calipers or a micrometer.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-25-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Banned

I am looking forward to Bachman's tea party rebuttal. I need a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I am looking forward to the Official Rep. response along with the unOfficial /Tea Party response both of which I am sure will be replayed and overanalyzed by many unqualified to do so here on POTUS
    What makes one "qualified?" Are the qualifications more strict than those for answering dog training and dog judging questions on the main forum?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I opted for root canal surgery. That way, I wouldn't be killed dying laughing, or ruining my TV by throwing a brick through the screen.

UB
    UB, I was sure YOU wouldn't watch the State of The Union address but I will bet my bottom dollar that you will be glued to the edge of your seat listening to every word of both of the Republican and Tea Party rebuttals.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Back in the late 60's my brother and I built identical PWD cars. They were the most boring looking cars in competition that day. He took first and I took second. Back then we didn't have the polished axles or the graphite coated speed axles. We had graphite but not the graphite with the moly additive... We didn't have the lathed wheels either. You had to "lathe" them with fine emery and try and match them using the emery cloth and a pair of calipers or a micrometer.
    Everybody has the graphite now. The cars are so level, I think there are only two areas to get an edge. (legally)

1) I know it seems trivial, but aerodynamics. They're not going too fast, but it only takes an inch of difference to get a trophy. Our car is patterned after the F-102 Delta Dart fuselage, that only after adding a waist pinch, did it break through the sound barrier.

2) Weight. When they use kitchen scales with 1/4 oz increments, the same 5oz car can have up to a 1/2oz swing over a competitor. That's why I use removable lead putty. I make it 5.25oz, then remove a smidge at a time until it hits 5.000oz on the race-day scale.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!