The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to watch the State Of The Union Addresss tonight?

Revenge of the Nerds is on 258.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Someone needs to teach Michele Bachmann how to talk and look into the camera,not read the teleprompter, it made it very annoying to watch
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

not very inspiring....

Lacked depth, same old song from last year...

Talked the first third about "Investing" in this and that, education, infastructure, clean energy, teachers, bla bla bla...

Translation: SPEND MONEY!!!!

Talked the middle third about "Cutting debt".....ahhhh Mr. President your idea spread out over your timeline I think he said 2025 amounts to 40 billion a year....we spent 30 times that much last year alone...get a clue.

Translation: My entire second thrrd of my speach contradicts my first third so basicly I have no clue what I am going to do.

Last third was the typical Obama story telling time, all the children gather round now and listen to the wonderful stories....problem is we have heard them before....it reminded me of that favorite grandfather we all have that tells the same dang stories year after year after year...by the time your a teen you want to shout at him......POPS WE HEARD IT LAST YEAR!!!

About the only thing I agree with him on was his message of decreasing government bureaucracies (SP??) when he listed the 12 agencies reporting on 1 item, the dept of the interior watching over inland salmon and the dept of commerce watching over ocean fishery's....

FOLD THEM UP, stream line them what ever but why is there such a need for multipule agencies all doing the same thing.

That is what I took away from it...feel free to tell me my opinions dont make sense, dont hold water (cuz hey, someones OPINION should always hold water) and most imporantly dont matter even to me...the liberals on this board almost have me convinced that even my own opinion is useless especially to me.

NCA

Well, the responses were more predictable than the speech.

I just don't think the republicans even WANT to hear "working together". They're afraid it will catch on, and their constituents will actually want to see it. Their stated goal is to do everything to ensure that Obama fails, so they can regain power. Period.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    3 members of SCOTUS have decided NOT to be Obama's pinata' tonight!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

RK
    Do you have to SOIL every thread you post on?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ...I just don't think the republicans even WANT to hear "working together"...
    Well, it is all platitudes anyway. Was there any "working together" even broached in the most superficial way by the last congress? The last congress was all about left wing radical extremist policy. Working together be dammed.

But it sounds good. It gives you a nice convenient way to attack republicans.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Do you have to SOIL every thread you post on?????????????
    That post was relevant and newsworthy.

Everything you post is pointless and empty.

Game is on Roger.
    Your posts are nothig more than trolling efforts to get attention (evidently the nurses are busy), of no value, you take away from every thread you post on.

Basically, the names that you call people, you know stupid and idiotic??

Well that is the essence of everything you post.

I don't normally do this, but you sir are a dunce!!
    Every one here thinks so, you are the laughimg stock of POTUS!!

You prove that by the lack of any originality of any of the crap you post.
    Now you have to copy me again.....how original.
    Everything you post is somethinmg you overheard the big kids talk about at recess.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 01-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

From what I heard last night President Obama offered some solutions to lowering the deflect.

Obama did repeat his insistence that tax cuts on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans, enacted during the administration of his predecessor, George W. Bush, must not be made permanent "if we truly care about our deficit."

In another proposal likely to be especially contentious, he called for elimination of tax subsidies for oil companies, which he said were "doing just fine on their own."

promise to veto any bill that comes to him with "earmarks" the specific, often unrelated spending projects that individual lawmakers include in legislation for their own states and districts.

And like presidents before him, Obama came armed with examples of government "waste" to target.

The Republican rebuttal:

Republicans call for deep budget cuts

We all know cuts need to be made but the Republicans offered up nothing as to what specifically needs to be cut.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That post was relevant and newsworthy.

Everything you post is pointless and empty.

Game is on Roger.
    Your posts are nothig more than trolling efforts to get attention (evidently the nurses are busy), of no value, you take away from every thread you post on.

Basically, the names that you call people, you know stupid and idiotic??

Well that is the essence of everything you post.

I don't normally do this, but you sir are a dunce!!
    Every one here thinks so, you are the laughimg stock of POTUS!!

You prove that by the lack of any originality of any of the crap you post.
    Now you have to copy me again.....how original.
    Everything you post is somethinmg you overheard the big kids talk about at recess.

stan b
    Well Stan, from the remarks that GW Bush has made (see Bushisms) McCain (see flip flops and his denial of making statements) Sarah Palin (see interview videos) and Michelle Bachman (see videos) is how I came to those conclusions. I also think Pelosi is an idiot and any other politition that makes stupid remarks. I also think Al Gore (invertor of the internet) was a stupid remark. Did I leave anyone out???????

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Well Stan, from the remarks that GW Bush has made (see Bushisms) McCain (see flip flops and his denial of making statements) Sarah Palin (see interview videos) and Michelle Bachman (see videos) is how I came to those conclusions. I also think Pelosi is an idiot and any other politition that makes stupid remarks. I also think Al Gore (invertor of the internet) was a stupid remark. Did I leave anyone out???????
    Yep, look in a mirror!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis