The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to watch the State Of The Union Addresss tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yep, look in a mirror!!

stan b
    Don't miss this gem...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    From what I heard last night President Obama offered some solutions to lowering the deflect.

Last night's speech was depressing. Not so much for what wasn't said, like how he planned to fix the problems. But, the clear lack of leadership from both sides of the isle.

If you think the GOP has a good chance of beating Obama in in 2012, where is that candidate? There is no one waiting in the wings to step up that has a snowball's chance in hell in winning.

quote;
    What's not so funny, for Republican strategists and officials, is the absence of a standout in the aforementioned wide, not deep, field of prospects. Sarah Palin, no doubt, is hot -- probably too hot or polarizing to be nominated. Next in line are the retreads -- Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich -- who could be strong national candidates but haven't proven so in the past. Then there is the long line of wannabes now or recently in office -- Tim Pawlenty, Haley Barbour, John Thune and more -- who might or might not be ready for prime time.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-26-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Banned

That post was relevant and newsworthy.

Everything you post is pointless and empty.

Game is on Roger.
    Your posts are nothig more than trolling efforts to get attention (evidently the nurses are busy), of no value, you take away from every thread you post on.

Basically, the names that you call people, you know stupid and idiotic??

Well that is the essence of everything you post.

I don't normally do this, but you sir are a dunce!!
    Every one here thinks so, you are the laughimg stock of POTUS!!

You prove that by the lack of any originality of any of the crap you post.
    Now you have to copy me again.....how original.
    Everything you post is somethinmg you overheard the big kids talk about at recess.

stan b
    3 members of SCOTUS have decided NOT to be Obama's pinata' tonight!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

RK

And really respectful HUH? Being disrespectful, isn't that what you just accused me of doing???????????? Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?????????????
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 01-26-2011 at 06:56 AM.

3 members of SCOTUS have decided NOT to be Obama's pinata' tonight!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

RK

And really respectful HUH? Being disrespectful, isn't that what you just accused me of doing???????????? Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?????????????
    So, as usual, you are oblivious to the facts and the back story.

Maybe someone else could clue you in.

Roger, think of the POTUS board as sort of like a bank account.
    You make deposits and withdrawels.
    And you sir are overdrawn!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

So, as usual, you are oblivious to the facts and the back story.

Maybe someone else could clue you in.

Roger, think of the POTUS board as sort of like a bank account.
    You make deposits and withdrawels.
    And you sir are overdrawn!!

stan b
    I have no idea what you are talking about

Some things I noticed.

I liked not having Pelosi popping up and down behind like a possessed jack-in-the-box, like last year.
    I liked the Salmon line, unlike some of the news common-taters, who are wailing at the comedy attempt.
    He only stammered and lost his place once, the Chilean rescue story. Unlike last year.
    And AFTER… when he stepped down and was mingling with the cabinet before starting the walk out.
    Did any of you pick up on him not shaking Hillary’s hand? He made a mini-loop in that tight circle and
    actually they brushed shoulders once and almost brushed a second. Yet…..
    What do we read into this?????????????

And I thought the Republican response feller spoke very well. It was only a 10 minute statement.
    And no live room feedback. So not much can be expected.

I did not watch the tea party response person, I needed sleep. So am unable to comment on that one.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Some things I noticed.

I liked not having Pelosi popping up and down behind like a possessed jack-in-the-box, like last year.
    I liked the Salmon line, unlike some of the news common-taters, who are wailing at the comedy attempt.
    He only stammered and lost his place once, the Chilean rescue story. Unlike last year.
    And AFTER… when he stepped down and was mingling with the cabinet before starting the walk out.
    Did any of you pick up on him not shaking Hillary’s hand? He made a mini-loop in that tight circle and
    actually they brushed shoulders once and almost brushed a second. Yet…..
    What do we read into this?????????????

And I thought the Republican response feller spoke very well. It was only a 10 minute statement.
    And no live room feedback. So not much can be expected.

I did not watch the tea party response person, I needed sleep. So am unable to comment on that one.

Well, Mr. Ken, lots of people didn't watch it, but they will comment on it anyway!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I have no idea what you are talking about
    Don't worry about it. If you disagree with Stan, you're either stupid or you're a smarty pants and a bully.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Don't worry about it. If you disagree with Stan, you're either stupid or you're a smarty pants and a bully.
    I have never used any of those terms to describe anyone here.

Roger on the other hand uses them quite regularly.

And you know that, don't you???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Fwiw, I heard some things that really raised my hackles among the calls to spend, spend, spend. Oh, I mean "invest".

"That’s what Americans have done for over 200 years: reinvented ourselves."
    We need to take responsibility for our deficit (true) and reform our government.
    We live and do business in the Information Age, but the last major reorganization of the government happened in the age of black-and-white TV.
    But we need to think bigger. In the coming months, my administration will develop a proposal to merge, consolidate, and reorganize the federal government in a way that best serves the goal of a more competitive America.
    Our success in this new and changing world will require reform, responsibility, and innovation.

Just like the code word "invest" means "spend", every time this President says "reinvent, reorganize, & reform", he means "transform", imo. But he can't come out and say that, because that word draws too much attention.

When we have the founding principles "that has made America not just a place on a map, but the light to the world." what doe you intend to reform (transform) them to?
    If you have a house that, while it needs some repairs, is the model home that everyone wants to live in, do you say you're going to reform it or are you going to restore it?

We can’t win the future with a government of the past.

Pardon me, Mr President but, YES WE CAN! .
    That's what we done for that last 235 years, and we can do for the next as well.

If
    "we all (truly) believe in the rights enshrined in our Constitution."
    Last edited by BrianW; 01-26-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791