The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to watch the State Of The Union Addresss tonight?

3 members of SCOTUS have decided NOT to be Obama's pinata' tonight!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm sure there is one other that would rather get a root canal... But is going because of his position.
    Bill Davis

I surprised (not!) at the inability to show any respect, if not for the man, the office of the presidency. I was taught to respect the President, stand and place my hand over my heart whenever the flag is raised or lowered, or the National Anthem is played. Some things you just rise above petiteness and show respect. It actually reflects more on you than the other person.

After all, it is YOUR Union he's talking about. And he is YOUR employee. If you don't like the job he's doing, we have peaceful ways of redressing our grievances.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I surprised (not!) at the inability to show any respect, if not for the man, the office of the presidency. I was taught to respect the President, stand and place my hand over my heart whenever the flag is raised or lowered, or the National Anthem is played. Some things you just rise above petiteness and show respect. It actually reflects more on you than the other person.

After all, it is YOUR Union he's talking about. And he is YOUR employee. If you don't like the job he's doing, we have peaceful ways of redressing our grievances.
    UHHHHHH....you have a short convenient memory!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDiHX50zT4

OOOOOOOPS!!!!

Who would come back to avail themselves to that kind of arrogant disrespect???

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 01-25-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yeah, yawn your way out of this, even the Republicans that were running for office in 2008 said we were headed for a depression. Thank God we never made it there.
    you are either naive or ignorant to think we r in the clear........Fannie and Freddie will cause an enormous mess in the very near future......not to mention a host of other issues this country faces......YEP.....your man saved us all.......ROFLMAO
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

I actually think that SCOTUS should ALL be absent from the SoTU, with the exception of the Chief Justice....at least with the three SCOTUS that will be absent we can see their law school transcripts
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Here is what you will want to see tonight;

http://www.roadmap.republicans.budget.house.gov/
    Paul Ryan is a star and a core conservative.

RK
    Yup your boy's plan is going to be really popular. He plans to take medicare away from everyone under the age of 55 and instead give them a voucher to go out and shop for a private health insurance plan. His plan for social security are unclear except that it looks like he's planning privatize it for everyone under the age of 55. On taxes he plans to further cut the taxes of the rich and raise them on the middle class. This will forward his adolescent wet dream of a libertarian utopia where the truly gifted artisans and industrialists are unchained and cannot any longer be exploited by society.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Or are you going to just watch the rebuttal? Or are you going to watch something else?
    Yes I have it on right now, got home at 9:00

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think I've watched every State of the Union since Carter. I'll watch again tonight. I like to punish myself...
    Same here, I always watch. I think Clinton gave some of the best.
    Gosh that feller could talk! Even if you didn't like what he was saying he said it so well. Sadly nether Bush gould give a good speach to save their ass. Even if you loved what they were saying.... That used to chafe me some.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I flipped it on long enough to hear the him make a bad reference using a plane and impact in the same sentence. Yes I heard the whole thing but you just don't use that reference. Poor taste in my opinion.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~