The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Car salesman sacked over Packers tie

Banned

Default Car salesman sacked over Packers tie

A salesman at a Chevy Dealership in suburban Chicago was fired Monday for refusing to take off his Green Bay Packers tie, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
    John Stone wore the tie to work at Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn, Ill., to celebrate the Packers’ NFC Championship Game win over the Bears.
    General Manager Jerry Roberts asked Stone to remove the tie five times, saying it might aggravate Bears fans and make it more difficult to sell cars. When Stone refused, he was fired.
    “He said, ‘You have two options,’” a furious Stone said later Monday to the Chicago Sun-Times. “Remove the tie, or you’re fired.”
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/C...2511?gt1=39002

Yawn...........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Yawn...........
    It sounds like you must be tired, why don't you go to bed.

Rog,
    I hate to say it, but I agree with the manager.
    Unless its illegal, unethical, or immoral, if the boss says to do something, the workers better listen. The man didn't get to be GM by poor salesmanship, and he's been given the charge of managing the sales crew.

I bet there's more to this story than a green tie, too.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Unless it is against the dress code as signed in your employee handbook they can't tell you what to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Unless it is against the dress code as signed in your employee handbook they can't tell you what to wear!
    Maybe legally, that's true. But I know what the role of "boss" and "worker" are. And you guys call me liberal!

When I worked for the man, when he said "jump", I said "how high" with a smile on my face.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Maybe legally, that's true. But I know what the role of "boss" and "worker" are. And you guys call me liberal!

When I worked for the man, when he said "jump", I said "how high" with a smile on my face.
    Who do you work for now?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Who do you work for now?
    My patients.

My employer is UPMC, but they give almost indefinite latitude to their physicians.

This happens all the time....someone wears the "school" colors of the key rival and then makes a point of it...and gets fired. Seems like the last one I saw was also a Green Bay supporter.

If he was a real performer, chances are they'd have figured something out. If he wasn't being snarky, he'd have responded differently the first time he was asked to lose the tie by the boss. Employees who value their position respond to the boss a bit differently than this guy did.

Time for him to polish up the resume.

Eric