The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Are Republicans hypocrits on cutting spending?

  1. #11
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    But can you soil your own thread when you are the OP??

    Well.....YOU be the judge!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    The old garbage in...garbage out theory...
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    And you draw that conclusion from exactly what part in the written article or the video? Please point out exactly which paragraph or what timing in the video.

    Thanks

    WRL
    The republicans had control of both houses of congress, all the budgetery committees, and the whitehouse for 6 years, and we saw record increases in spending every one of them.

    What have YOU seen that makes you think they'll cut spending?


    Oh, if you're talking about bears shatting in the woods, I didn't see that in the video. I've stepped in it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The republicans had control of both houses of congress, all the budgetery committees, and the whitehouse for 6 years, and we saw record increases in spending every one of them.

    What have YOU seen that makes you think they'll cut spending?


    Oh, if you're talking about bears shatting in the woods, I didn't see that in the video. I've stepped in it.
    Avoid and deflect.

    I asked for SPECIFICS in the article or video. You can't name them.

    The whole point was that Roger posted up an article that had nothing to do with the thread title.

    The article/video is about DEMOCRATS yet he wants to tie that to Republicans. And you just want to pile on, cuz that's what you do. No thought before you do.

    WRL

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Avoid and deflect.

    I asked for SPECIFICS in the article or video. You can't name them.

    The whole point was that Roger posted up an article that had nothing to do with the thread title.

    The article/video is about DEMOCRATS yet he wants to tie that to Republicans. And you just want to pile on, cuz that's what you do. No thought before you do.

    WRL
    I answered the question directly, and so effectively, you ignored my answer... presumably because you either agree with me, or have no effective response other than to falsely accuse me of avoiding!

    I gave you a specific example that lasted 6 years (really 8) showing the GOP hasn't a clue how to cut spending. Show me otherwise!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I answered the question directly, and so effectively, you ignored my answer... presumably because you either agree with me, or have no effective response other than to falsely accuse me of avoiding!

    I gave you a specific example that lasted 6 years (really 8) showing the GOP hasn't a clue how to cut spending. Show me otherwise!!
    No you didn't. I SAID (once again I will reiterate for you) please cite a paragraph or time in the article or video.

    You did not and can not do either.

    So NO YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.

    You try to deflect to other information but I REQUESTED that you cite it based on the original post.

    WRL
    Last edited by WRL; 01-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    The question posed in the OP was 'are republicans hypocritical when it comes to spending cuts?' I answered sarcastically, "yes".

    I don't need Roger's clip to support that. And I won't limit myself to that one particular reference. There's a whole world out there.

    Do you not believe that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2001 to 2006?

    Do you not believe GWB's signature is on those budgets?

    Do you not believe they were record-setting deficit-spending budgets?

    I don't see what your problem is? If you answer those questions HONESTLY, you will have your answer.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    The question posed in the OP was 'are republicans hypocritical when it comes to spending cuts?' I answered sarcastically, "yes".

    I don't need Roger's clip to support that. And I won't limit myself to that one particular reference. There's a whole world out there.

    Do you not believe that republicans controlled both houses of congress from 2001 to 2006?

    Do you not believe GWB's signature is on those budgets?

    Do you not believe they were record-setting deficit-spending budgets?

    I don't see what your problem is? If you answer those questions HONESTLY, you will have your answer.
    Blah blah blah blah.......its like the teacher from peanuts.....

    I specifically said in reference to his article or posted video. The whole point is that he posted a thread title that had nothing to do with his "supporting article/video"......

    WRL

  9. #19
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    Lee, it's would make more sense to smash your big toe with a hammer than to try to use logic with DNF. Actually the hammer might grasp your argument quicker
    Bill Davis

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Lee, it's would make more sense to smash your big toe with a hammer than to try to use logic with DNF. Actually the hammer might grasp your argument quicker
    He he he....I did notice a headache coming on. I figured it was because of the repetitive beating my head against a brick wall thing.

    WRL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •