The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The Mayor and Gunshows

Default The Mayor and Gunshows

Ok i don't have the link but I am sure most of you have seen the article where people say they probably wouldn't pass a background check and they are sold the gun anyway.

Ok I have an FFL and have been to plenty of shows in VA only. When I buy a gun a background check is done right then and there. Unless I am doing there and buy a gun from another private citizen, which is frowned upon at the show but legal for a face to face sale with no check from private citizen to another.

All of the vendors do the checks the state police are at the show making sure they are done.

Is the article talking about random people selling guns or vendors I couldn't find one that said which it was. Also why is the Mayor sending people to AZ, oh wait I know the answer. Good job spending the NY tax money on an AZ investigation so you can propose new legislation to congress.....or the house of rep....oh wait you might be a little out of your paygrade so to speak. He needs to get a life.

Maybe I am misinformed but what exactly is the loophole?

And on a side note saying you might not pass and passing is something different, if a check was done they would have passed being PI's right? I would hope so anyway, I would have like to have seen them fill out the form and signed it and had a few sections turn out to be false...book em Dano
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Ok i don't have the link but I am sure most of you have seen the article where people say they probably wouldn't pass a background check and they are sold the gun anyway.

Ok I have an FFL and have been to plenty of shows in VA only. When I buy a gun a background check is done right then and there. Unless I am doing there and buy a gun from another private citizen, which is frowned upon at the show but legal for a face to face sale with no check from private citizen to another.

All of the vendors do the checks the state police are at the show making sure they are done.

Is the article talking about random people selling guns or vendors I couldn't find one that said which it was. Also why is the Mayor sending people to AZ, oh wait I know the answer. Good job spending the NY tax money on an AZ investigation so you can propose new legislation to congress.....or the house of rep....oh wait you might be a little out of your paygrade so to speak. He needs to get a life.

Maybe I am misinformed but what exactly is the loophole?

And on a side note saying you might not pass and passing is something different, if a check was done they would have passed being PI's right? I would hope so anyway, I would have like to have seen them fill out the form and signed it and had a few sections turn out to be false...book em Dano
    Saw the story last night and they indicated it was an individual "occasional" seller, not required to perform the check. As for Bloomberg....who knows, maybe he has presidential aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by TxHillHunter View Post
    Saw the story last night and they indicated it was an individual "occasional" seller, not required to perform the check. As for Bloomberg....who knows, maybe he has presidential aspirations.
    So the same as here if it is not required then they did not break a law. Maybe he he looking at those types of aspirations by doing this, " Look at me I am spending money on supporting my own agenda" seems like he has a shot.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~