The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kinder, Gentler & MORE Quality????????

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Still a little vague! It depends what some see as being covered by the categories . In this case I'm asking what functions you see as being covered under the umbrella you have outlined.
    I'm not sitting here and typing a few thousand words for your amusement.
    Give me a topic or an area like;

Monetary Policy
    Foreign Policy
    Domestic Policy
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm not sitting here and typing a few thousand words for your amusement.
    Give me a topic or an area like;

Monetary Policy
    Foreign Policy
    Domestic Policy
    I'll make it easy on you -

Which Federal Depts would you eliminate, would you keep any portion of that Dept., & why? You don't have to go Yardley on us, one liners work, KISS. That will do for a start .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'll make it easy on you -

Which Federal Depts would you eliminate, would you keep any portion of that Dept., & why? You don't have to go Yardley on us, one liners work, KISS. That will do for a start .
    depts of;

education
    energy
    hud

These would be the three I would start with as they can be eliminated in thier entirity.

Dept of Commerce needs to be redefined and slimmed down.
    Same for Transportation and Defense.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-31-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

depts of;

education
    energy
    hud

These would be the three I would start with as they can be eliminated in thier entirity.

Dept of Commerce needs to be redefined and slimmed down.
    Same for Transportation and Defense.
    The 1st 3 eduation, energy & hud, BTW none of which I disagree with give you what? $150 Bil in savings -
    Commerce ? how much
    Transport - I believe the direction of spending needs to be reprioritized - there are many worthy projects that would improve infrastructure & contribute to overall efficiency in commerce - forget HSR & public transit - both huge money wasters - not sure there is an initial saving.
    Defense is the Government's big job - but I agree there are savings available - again how much.

So here you are with about $300 Bil in lower costs on an expected $1.5 Tril deficit next year & down the pike for 4 years - What's next?

Time for a little tough love!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Under "protecting The Constitution and Citizens". Oh, really? Where in the Constitution is the proscribement that English be our official language? Which part calls for protection of culture?

In general, your pretension of being the "true conservative" errs on two fronts...1) your mistaken notion that conservatism has no social components (even conservative icons like Goldwater and Buckley have those skeletons in their closet), and 2) your mistaken/hypocritical notion that your social hot buttons (eg. "borders, language, culture") are a whit damn different than other conservative social hot button items like gay marriage, school prayer, capital punishment, etc.

There isn't a lot of difference between Conservatism and Libetarianism. The both hold Freedom in high regards. True, both value freedom. Whales and mice both breath air; it doesn't make them alike.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    HEW, the entire document is about protecting the American culture! We are defined by our laws. It may not say anything about an official language, that can be assumed. All of our documents are written in English as well as the fact that English is the language of the land. However, with broken boarders and a broken immigration policy our culture is under assault.

I am also well aware that there are some Conservatives that have other priorities. But, the Boarders, Language, Culture mantra are the most important issues if we are to remain a free and sovereign people. In case you haven't noticed, our culture and laws are under attack by those that wish to change it and us.

The US of A is defined not only by our boarders but our culture. I for one am against open boarders, think that all citizens should speak English/American and embrace our culture, the one that made us a great nation.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-01-2011 at 05:47 AM.

HEW, the entire document is about protecting the American culture! We are defined by our laws. It may not say anything about an official language, that can be assumed. All of our documents are written in English as well as the fact that English is the language of the land. However, with broken boarders and a broken immigration policy our culture is under assault.

I am also well aware that there are some Conservatives that have other priorities. But, the Boarders, Language, Culture mantra are the most important issues if we are to remain a free and sovereign people. In case you haven't noticed, our culture and laws are under attack by those that wish to change it and us.
    The US of A is defined not only by our boarders but our culture. I for one am against open boarders, think that all citizens should speak English/American and embrace our culture, the one that made us a great nation.
    I agree 100% Franco, and right now they occupy the Whitehouse!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't disagree with you, per se. I'm just pointing out that despite your protestations, those are largely social issues that are not addressed in the Constitution. You can't, with a straight face, claim that the social issues you care about are OK, but social issues an evangilical Christian care about are against conservative doctrine. There's not a dime's bit of difference between you and the Religious Right; except they're probably a
    a little more forgiving of your quasi-racist "borders, language, culture" mantra than you are of their spirituality.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

^^^Hew, nice post...

I think when we start assuming things about the Constitution, that's when the trouble is going to start. If the libs assumed something and made a law based on that assumption, you would probably get your panties all in a wad over it...

Goose and gander regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I don't disagree with you, per se. I'm just pointing out that despite your protestations, those are largely social issues that are not addressed in the Constitution. You can't, with a straight face, claim that the social issues you care about are OK, but social issues an evangilical Christian care about are against conservative doctrine. There's not a dime's bit of difference between you and the Religious Right; except they're probably a
    a little more forgiving of your quasi-racist "borders, language, culture" mantra than you are of their spirituality.
    BINGO!! Well said HEW.

Only thing I would add is that our "American Culture" is a hodge-podge made up of from the cultures brought here by generations of those from OTHER cultures. We are unique in our heterogeneousness.