The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Fashioned Conservative

Default Old Fashioned Conservative

On a previous thread, Franco lays claim to being the only one of this breed on this forum. When asked to clarify, even being allowed to briefify his answers, he begins to act like someone from General Mills, waffling all the way prior to leaving the thread. IMO Having read several thoughtful posts related to the subject of fiscal conservatism, Franco's positions don't even rate JV consideration in comparison to many on this forum. I have to edit to say he finally answered, but will continue here any way.

The nation is facing deficits of around $1.5 trillion for several years. To balance the books will require serious cuts & policy that encourages private sector job creation.

The goal is identifying $1.5 Trillion in cuts? How do we get there from where we are, any ideas? If this is good enough I will forward to Senator DeMint, Speaker Boehner & Paul Ryan, we'll see how serious they are about doing the correct thing.

Please make this a serious discussion . If some would like to discuss the social stuff, please start your own thread.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 02-01-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    On a previous thread, Franco lays claim to being the only one of this breed on this forum. When asked to clarify, even being allowed to briefify his answers, he begins to act like someone from General Mills, waffling all the way prior to leaving the thread. IMO Having read several thoughtful posts related to the subject of fiscal conservatism, Franco's positions don't even rate JV consideration in comparison to many on this forum. I have to edit to say he finally answered, but will continue here any way.

The nation is facing deficits of around $1.5 trillion for several years. To balance the books will require serious cuts & policy that encourages private sector job creation.

The goal is identifying $1.5 Trillion in cuts? How do we get there from where we are, any ideas? If this is good enough I will forward to Senator DeMint, Speaker Boehner & Paul Ryan, we'll see how serious they are about doing the correct thing.

Please make this a serious discussion . If some would like to discuss the social stuff, please start your own thread.
    Hold Department of H&HS to 2009 budget, that alone would cut 1/3rd of the deficit.
    Do not spend the unspent portion of the stimulus package, another 1/3rd of the deficit.

Good first day???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I put this answer on the other thread but I would eliminate the NASA budget (15-20 Billion)...sorry to the engineers and space explorers out there but it HAS to take a back seat to what is happening on this planet
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I put this answer on the other thread but I would eliminate the NASA budget (15-20 Billion)...sorry to the engineers and space explorers out there but it HAS to take a back seat to what is happening on this planet
    I could be wrong, but I have heard that every dollar spent on the space program, there are several dollars ($4-5?) spent in the private sector to support the govt side. Maybe not the best idea to cut NASA.

Drug tests for anyone receiving a govt check.
    DeLuxurize prisons. Model them after Joe Arpaio's jail. No way criminals should have great meals, ac, recreational activities, and amenities that some of us working folk don't have time/money to enjoy because we are working and obeying the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

What part of my post on the other thread was "corporate" or
    waffling"? I gave more cuts than you offered up.

Have you seen the actual budget?

Have you mentioned anything about cuts to Medicare and Medicade ?

Oh and BTW, I don't know of many Conservatives that falsely accuse others on POTUS for having an alias and then not publicly apologize to that person when they are wrong!

So if you want to attack my brand of Conservatism then you need to build some cred first
    Last edited by Franco; 02-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I dont care to get into a urinating match as to who is more or less conservative on here...I know some are to the right of me and some are to the center left of me and to those to the right of me, you might think everyone except you is a RINO...because at the end of the day when we cast ballots I think we still vote in the same general direction..and the last Dem I voted(back in the 70's) for was my friend the late Ken Cory and he was one heck of a field trialer too

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The Congressinol Budget is mind-boggling. Just try going through the Dept of Energy's section will make one dizzy.

Maybe they should look at the tough decisions Bobby Jindal is making to see how he is balencing the budget. He is doing it with decreased revenue from oil production as well. He was hired to do a job and he's doing it all the while pissing a lot of people off.

Obama is going to have to make huge cuts and be brave enough to handle the fallout. I doubt he'll do it and I'm not convinced the Republicans can do it either. Certainly not the deep cuts that will have to be made.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

The first step in my budget cut(s) is the $598,292,101 (2009) assessed contribution to the UN regular budget -- 22%.
    Only 1/2 a billion out of 1,500, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

If Cuba .043% of the regular budget & oil-rich Saudi Arabia .713%. think so much of it, let them pony up some extra change.
    And if the UN wants to keep it's sweet space in NYC then they can cough up the going rate per sq ft for prime office location. Not only a cut but $'s coming back in.

Next come the the "peacekeeping" operations budget where the forces rape the local population (literally) and the cost of international courts and tribunals that consistently rule against our interests or have no power to enforce their "judgments". What's the point?. The level of these contributions is based on their assessed contributions to the regular budget plus variations which take account of permanent membership on the Security Council.

UN members also make "voluntary contributions" to UN specialized agencies and subsidiary organizations. The only thing "united" I feel like donating to right now is the USO.
    No more paying for studies to self flagellate ourselves at Human Rights Commission report cards either. If other countries want to "dis" us, then let them pay for it.

Then comes any contributions to developing Indonesia's space program.
    If we can't afford NASA, we sure as hell can't afford "shariah" satellites.
    I don't care if PBO went to school there or not or even stayed there in a Holiday Inn Express, let the Muslim Brotherhood fund their own moon shot or Mars probe.

Next in my sights is foreign aid to countries that vote against us at the UN.
    Yes, you're free to vote as you'd like but you don't get my dollars to do it.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The first step in my budget cut(s) is the $598,292,101 (2009) assessed contribution to the UN regular budget -- 22%.

Next in my sights is foreign aid to countries that vote against us at the UN.
    Yes, you're free to vote as you'd like but you don't get my dollars to do it
    Foreign aid is nothing but extortion money, a prime example is all that money we wasted pumping up the sham of a govt in the Philippines with Marcos, then to get kicked out by Aquino...since then the country has fallen to a bigger more corrupt ways and the emergence of Abu Sayef (Filipino version of Al Qaeda)...I'm with you on cutting foreign aid, humanitarian or not,lets take care of business at home....I will leave fundraising in Darfur to George Clooney, maybe if he sold the villa on the Riviera...

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What part of my post on the other thread was "corporate" or
    waffling"? I gave more cuts than you offered up.

Have you seen the actual budget?

Have you mentioned anything about cuts to Medicare and Medicade ?

Oh and BTW, I don't know of many Conservatives that falsely accuse others on POTUS for having an alias and then not publicly apologize to that person when they are wrong!

So if you want to attack my brand of Conservatism then you need to build some cred first
    Franco, You are what You are & it shows in your posts. & it's certainly not conservative though you are not a RINO.

I believe I did post that I was somewhat sorry & though I believe I had enough ammo to back my statement will not pursue it any further. I got fooled by Dippity . I would post what my rationale was but dnf doesn't post on POTUS any more so couldn't defend himself, at least that's what he said .

Don't lump Medicare (a paid for benefit administered by the government) with Medicaid (a welfare program). They are not the same. The Drug benefit is something I have gone on record as opposing & would like to see it discontinued. I pay more for insurance than I receive in benefits, it's self preservation.

I'll get back later with more cuts, I'd like to see what others think.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!