The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Old Fashioned Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    So I have a question about SS for all of you then, my grandmother was a homemaker, never worked outside of taking care of a family and grandchildren. My grandfather would not allow her to work, common for the times I think. She has never even driven a car. He passed on a few years after retirement, Should she recieve SS? I am not offended either way so don't worry about that. My granfather retired from 2 jobs served in the Military(did not retire) and his companies pensions went into the tank when everyone recieved bailouts and old timers pensions and health benefits were the first to go. So he paid in a never got to use it, should she recieve it?

IMO there is alot of abuse of that money.
    My guess is she is not entitled to any SS income benefits other than perhaps a small -and I do mean small- death benefit from her husbands participation in SS. Medicare is an entirely different animal and would depend on her specific situation. Go to medicare.gov/medicareeligibility for specifics.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    So you think charging tariffs on imported products started the depression? Explain, please.

I'm not being argumentative, but I am very curious about that line of thinking. I don't see how it could do anything but good for the US and our workers.
    I believe it was Smoot-Hawley but not sure, as I believe Glass-Steagal to be the banking bill, both from the depression. That & some fairly poor assumptions on the part of our then sitting president & a SOtH that coveted his position.

Tariffs create other tariffs from the other side & nobody ever wins. We need to export a lot of value added stuff to cover all the union sympathizers who shop for Chinese stuff at Wally World .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    My guess is she is not entitled to any SS income benefits other than perhaps a small -and I do mean small- death benefit from her husbands participation in SS. Medicare is an entirely different animal and would depend on her specific situation. Go to medicare.gov/medicareeligibility for specifics.
    I guess I should have said it different, she does receive it, but do you think she should? Women working wasn't as common back in the day as it is now, just curious as to what you guys think.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    I guess I should have said it different, she does receive it, but do you think she should? Women working wasn't as common back in the day as it is now, just curious as to what you guys think.
    I think she should because I believe your grandpa earned it.
    Bill Davis