The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!!

11 here on the TX/OK border. Roads still icy. Winds are supposed to be 25-30 again today. High 15. Wife is visiting grand kids in Dallas. They are having rolling 20 minute power blackouts. I believe this is happening all over North TX.

Canada Geese are looking for handouts in the back yard.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Good news for y'all in the North------------
    Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow -- Early spring!!!

Today is Groundhog Day! The scene at Gobblers Knob Wednesday, February 2, 2011, was rainy and cold, so no, Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow on Groundhog Day 2011. According to Groundhog.org, "The Prognosticator of Prognosticators, Punxsutawney Phil, once again appeared at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob in the Pennsylvania Wilds to make his annual prediction."

Punxsutawney Phil Says Spring Will Come Early
    "Phil surveyed his surroundings and found no shadow, so an early spring it will be!"

After living in the north (upper Iowa and N Illinois) and the Deep South, I've come to a conclusion....

Snow is best enjoyed on Currier & Ives Christmas cards.

Eric

We have been getting hammered. 18" so far on top of 8-10 we already had. High winds, drifting everywhere. Had a heck of a time plowing the driveway. Lots of snow to try to push. My driveway is clear but nothing has been down our road since I got home at 6 last night. We canceled our upland hunt this weekend. Pretty much snowing sideways right now. Stuck in the house with all three kids, the wife and two dogs. I guess i should plow again. I think I will venture down the road and see how far I can get.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    We have been getting hammered. 18" so far on top of 8-10 we already had. High winds, drifting everywhere. Had a heck of a time plowing the driveway.Lots of snow to try to push. My driveway is clear but nothing has been down our road since I got home at 6 last night. We canceled our upland hunt this weekend. Pretty much snowing sideways right now. Stuck in the house with all three kids, the wife and two dogs. I guess i should plow again. I think I will venture down the road and see how far I can get.
    Yeah, I can see where it would hard to push.

What's the limit on groundhogs?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Picture did not show up there Rog. Yes you push snow in a truck with a plow. What don't you understand?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    What's the limit on groundhogs?

all you can eat, mmmmmmm crock pot groundhog.
    gun club I used to belong to had a hand gun only derby each spring and a "Chuck roast" after! Those were the days.
    Groundhog Day = him spoting my shadow and gettin' cooked for four hours in sauce

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Picture did not show up there Rog. Yes you push snow in a truck with a plow. What don't you understand?
    The picture showed up on my post, I wonder why it did not show up that you could see it here. It was a picture of an old man pushing a walker with a home made wood snow plow attatched to the front of the walker thus pushing the snow.

Where's that worthless, dirtbag Algore with his fraudulent global warming claim. We've had our power shut off 4 times this morning because of the unusual cold weather. Ain't no global warming here.

We live in Cuba now.