The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!!

Because of possible icey conditions tomorrow, all public schools will be closed in S Louisiana!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

16 to 24" of snow yesterday into this morning.

By noon all of the freeways and most of the major streets were clean and open.

Hat's off to the various municipalities for the coordinated efforts to manage and move the snow and the great job law enforcement did to rescue those stranded.

Good job to you all, very impressive!!!!!

AS much as I hate winter here, Wisconsin is a special place.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

No union hacks telling them to sit around and send a message to the local gov't I take it??
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No union hacks telling them to sit around and send a message to the local gov't I take it??
    Oh, that happens a lot.
    But when it comes to snow we got a chip on our shoulder about it.

WE scoff when Philadelphia cancels a football game because of 8" of snow and 25 degrees......we call 8" of snow and 25 degrees SPRING/April!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Oh, that happens a lot.
    But when it comes to snow we got a chip on our shoulder about it.

WE scoff when Philadelphia cancels a football game because of 8" of snow and 25 degrees......we call 8" of snow and 25 degrees SPRING/April!!!!

RK

That was an embarrassment. And the only time I've agreed with Rendell!

Our crews here did a great job also. All our steep hills had more salt on them than McDonald's french fries.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The plow finally came down with the drift buster on it. Made one pass down the middle. They have already called school for tomorrow. We are still getting lake affect snow. Been coming down all day. Went yote hunting late this afternoon. Way to much work. Snow was over my knees. Thought I was going to have a heart attack getting to the back of my field. I need snow shoes. Didn't see anything. I would think they are getting pretty hungry and will be even more hungry tomorrow! Maybe I'll try some homeade snow shoes out of some sticks. Gotta figure something out.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    The plow finally came down with the drift buster on it. Made one pass down the middle. They have already called school for tomorrow. We are still getting lake affect snow. Been coming down all day. Went yote hunting late this afternoon. Way to much work. Snow was over my knees. Thought I was going to have a heart attack getting to the back of my field. I need snow shoes. Didn't see anything. I would think they are getting pretty hungry and will be even more hungry tomorrow! Maybe I'll try some homeade snow shoes out of some sticks. Gotta figure something out.
    I find that lying down until the urge goes away usually helps.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Hey here in Iowa we got missed with the big snow but the wind made 5 foot drifts. Hope that ground hog came out today! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman_61 View Post
    Hey here in Iowa we got missed with the big snow but the wind made 5 foot drifts. Hope that ground hog came out today! HA!
    Good news. he did NOT see his shadow!!

Early spring!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I use to call yotes all the time. Just could not get used to snow shoes. So got a cheap xc skies and that worked good.