The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Just Plain in Over His Head!!!!

Hey RP you are just like Al Gore!
    Last edited by duckheads; 02-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Actually I did not start in on Bush until he was into his second term as President. Do a search, the first time I posted on Bush was about 5 years ago which led to the start of the POTUS.
    And you have not taken a breath since
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The immediate solution would be windmills???
    Solar Panels??????

Open drilling in the gulf and Alaska???

Just askin'.........

RK
    There is no immediate answer. There needs to be a comprehensive and well thought out plan that includes all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    There is no immediate answer. There needs to be a comprehensive and well thought out plan that includes all of the above.

there are immediate answers but the American public wants to debate about them instead and by the time they decide to act upon them their fate is already determined...Yes there needs to be a comprehensive plan but lets solve TODAY's problems TODAY....lets plan for the future so we dont repeat those problems again
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    there are immediate answers but the American public wants to debate about them instead and by the time they decide to act upon them their fate is already determined...Yes there needs to be a comprehensive plan but lets solve TODAY's problems TODAY....lets plan for the future so we dont repeat those problems again
    There you go making sense again...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    And a big congratulations to Barack Milhous Obama, the jobs President (and Genocide Ben) for the addition of 36,000 jobs in January. That's a whopping 631 jobs for each of our 57 states! And how much money did Gen Ben, the Keynesian-In-Chief have to print to get all those jobs? Lots of hope and change out there.

We live in Cuba now.
    Well, I would rather see 36,000 new jobs created than lose another 36,000 jobs. I would bet the 36,000 people that got a job have more hope today than they did a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Having a National energy policy that is not dependent on Middle East oil would be a start.
    I agree, but I have not seen an administration willing to enact such a policy. However, I donít put all the blame on the Gov. Most Americans are not willing to make the sacrifices it would take to significantly reduce our dependency. They want it to be something easy and without impact on them, and right now, it canít be. Most people claim they want to reduce our use of, and dependency on, foreign oil, but only if it doesnít cost them any extra money. So, until the average American is willing to support a comprehensive change in energy policy, nothing is going to change. We have only ourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I agree, but I have not seen an administration willing to enact such a policy. However, I don’t put all the blame on the Gov. Most Americans are not willing to make the sacrifices it would take to significantly reduce our dependency. They want it to be something easy and without impact on them, and right now, it can’t be. Most people claim they want to reduce our use of, and dependency on, foreign oil, but only if it doesn’t cost them any extra money. So, until the average American is willing to support a comprehensive change in energy policy, nothing is going to change. We have only ourselves to blame.

All we have to do is to start "talking" about drilling and prices will go down.

It has happened before.

BTW--5 oil rigs are far less intrusive to the landscape than 500 wind mills, and produce far more benefits.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    All we have to do is to start "talking" about drilling and prices will go down.

It has happened before.

BTW--5 oil rigs are far less intrusive to the landscape than 500 wind mills, and produce far more benefits.

RK

"All we have to do is to start "talking" about drilling and prices will go down.

It has happened before."
    When, Please privide a source or is this just more right wing propagrama you have dreamed up.

RK

From the AP:

The 574 million acres of federal coastal water that are off-limits are believed to hold nearly 18 billion barrels of undiscovered, recoverable oil and 77 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, according to the Interior Department.

If we assume it will take 5 years to get the first drop of oil out of the ground and into our gas tanks, that the fields discovered have a useful life of 20 or 30 years from that point, and that we will be able to collect every single barrel of oil that is projected to be there (not a certainty by any means), we are looking at an incremental increase in domestic production of ~700 million barrels per year, on average. The U.S. is expected to consumer 7.45 billion barrels of oil in 2008, so 700 million represents about 9% of our consumption.
    Given that world demand for oil is rising so much, the offshore oil we may be able to drill out of the ground would have little impact on gas prices because the oil market is a worldwide exchange. If we just had a U.S. oil market, then yes, it would have a decent impact, but that is simply not the case.
    As a result, it is hard to see how more offshore drilling would impact gas prices at the pump in any measurable way.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/8193...own-gas-prices
    Today 02:03 PM

Nah! We don't need no stinking domestic production and the jobs it would create. Let's just continue to be totally dependent on the Middle East. They always seem to look out for our best interests.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth