The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How the House GOP promise to cut $100b became $32b

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    $32 Billion does not make $100 Billion no matter how you count it.
    Rp, your losing. Again.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    But it's $32 billion more than your party cut.......
    Just where have they made the cuts?????????? Even they don't know.

Where do the $32 billion in cuts come from?
    The $32 billion in cuts will come from non-defense spending. House Republicans are quick to tell you that in the two years of the Obama administration, non-security spending has gone up 24%. When pressed for where exactly the cuts would be made, Republican Budget Committee staffers punted and said those decisions would be made by the House Appropriations Committee, the committee that ultimately allocates where the nation's treasure is spent.
    When asked where might the Appropriations Committee look to find savings, House Republican Budget Committee staffers were quick to say that under the Obama administration, the Environmental Protection Agency has seen its budget triple, and Republicans would "examine" that agency.

How’s that closing of Guantanamo Bay working out?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    that was promise # 1 of day # 1
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

How is that 'hope and change" thing workin out?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    32 Billion is a good start...did anyone really expect them to go in and slash and burn everything...of course not..they may have the majority in the House, but not the unanimous authority to do whatever they please..nor should they...
    Not when the campaign promise is 100 billion. That's the problem with all politicians over promise and under deliver. The press has some culpability in this too. How about they concern themselves more about the issues and demand answers that are forthright and germaine to the conversation, instead of ingratiate themselves so they can write a book about them and make all sorts of money.

Banned

Just where have they made the cuts?????????? Even they don't know.

The $32 billion in cuts will come from non-defense spending. House Republicans are quick to tell you that in the two years of the Obama administration, non-security spending has gone up 24%. When pressed for where exactly the cuts would be made, Republican Budget Committee staffers punted and said those decisions would be made by the House Appropriations Committee, the committee that ultimately allocates where the nation's treasure is spent.
    When asked where might the Appropriations Committee look to find savings, House Republican Budget Committee staffers were quick to say that under the Obama administration, the Environmental Protection Agency has seen its budget triple, and Republicans would "examine" that agency.

How did I know the righties here were going to jump right in and stand up for the GOP without even reading the whole article.

Steve HesterHow is that 'hope and change" thing workin out? Today 01:22 AMBonMallariQuote:
    Originally Posted by subroc

that was promise # 1 of day # 1Today 01:13 AMsubrocHow’s that closing of Guantanamo Bay working out?
    Today 12:37 AMRoger PerryQuote:
    Originally Posted by Steve Hester
    But it's $32 billion more than your party cut.......

Today 12:37 AMM&K's RetrieversQuote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Perry
    $32 Billion does not make $100 Billion no matter how you count it.

Rp, your losing. Again. Today 12:32 AM
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-04-2011 at 07:21 AM.

At least they are talking about cutting . The recovery is fragile at best, the wrong message could slow things down & guess who would receive the blame???????

But us moderates will be watching them closely, future donations depend on their performance. I only made 1 donation this last cycle, to a centist D that I know personally. It won't happen again, during the campaign he veered so far left that I didn't recognize his stuff. I usually donate to several campaigns.

You have a nice day, Roger, your jokes are funny, your political views are pathetic .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    At least they are talking about cutting . The recovery is fragile at best, the wrong message could slow things down & guess who would receive the blame???????

But us moderates will be watching them closely, future donations depend on their performance. I only made 1 donation this last cycle, to a centist D that I know personally. It won't happen again, during the campaign he veered so far left that I didn't recognize his stuff. I usually donate to several campaigns.

You have a nice day, Roger, your jokes are funny, your political views are pathetic .
    Just because my political views are not the views of the far right wingers here do not make my political views pathetic. Other than Obamacare, how many times have you or any other rightie here have seen me stick up for Obama???????????? There needed to be a health care reform years ago. The Republicans have not produced one thought on health care other than to repeal what has been suggested. The only thing Bush contributed to this Country was 2 wars, a tax cut that we could not afford during war time, a recession and taking us from a balanced budget to trillions in debt.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-04-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Just because my political views are not the views of the far right wingers here do not make my political views pathetic. Other than Obamacare, how many times have you or any other rightie here have seen me stick up for Obama???????????? There needed to be a health care reform years ago. The Republicans have not produced one thought on how health care other than to repeal what has been suggested. The only thing Bush contributed to this Country was 2 wars, a tax cut that we could not afford, a recession and trillions in deficit.
    He kept your sorry arse from getting attacked again for 7 years. Which, by the way is his number one job. If he had a mindset like most libs, you might be on your knees facing Mecca 5 times a day before you know it. (once again...all your responses come back to President Bush)
    Last edited by huntinman; 02-04-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Bill Davis