The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Coyote attack: SD vs CA (general humor)

Default Coyote attack: SD vs CA (general humor)

Fwd'd chain e-mail - just for a smile

California
    :

The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
    A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, then bites the Governor.

1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

2. He calls animal control . Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.

4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.

5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.

6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program" for residents of the area.

7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

8. The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.

9. PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the State.

South Dakota :

The Governor of South Dakota is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.

1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.

And that, my friends, is why California is broke and South Dakota is not .

"It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

what's scary is that the scenario mentioned came very close to reality...when I lived in SoCal- Orange County, they had a mountain lion attack some joggers severely maiming one of them, the bureaucratic red tape of closing the jogging trail/park and doing a DFG survey grew into the high six figures....fast forward to last year in Texas, the Gov. Rick Perry dispatched a coyote with a couple of shots from a gun that he carried while jogging
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Lol, sounds just like California to me, haha. They were so broke last year during tax returns that it took them around 5 months just to give us our check, ugh. To bad they can't be simple minded like a lot of other states. Or should I just call it common sense in which they are lacking??
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

Bon (& others),
    I do remember the lion attacks down in OC from when I lived down there in the PRC as well. Unfortunately that scenario strikes way too close to home (my daughter's 2 y/o ylf was attacked & killed by a cougar in our front yard here in ID 3 years ago).

Even where taking of these predators hasn't been banned per se, the explosion of posted lands & lack of hunting/trapping them has caused these critters to lessen, if not lose, their fear of humans & civilization. That's why I thought (& posted) a plan by the ARF's last year to introduce coyotes into Valley Forge NP " to control the deer naturally" was so ridiculous.

On the less serious side, maybe this actually did happen and that's why "the Governator" acted the way he did in office.
    He's got rabies?!?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791