The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News... Bad Job

Default Fox News... Bad Job

Fox News is my preferred news station when I want to get caught up on what is going on in the world. So I flip to Fox at the top of the hour (8am est) and there is Brian Kilmeade sitting with a football field behind him and talking about having Frank Caliendo / Drew Brees / and Mark Sanchez on as guests in his upcoming segment ! I mean, a million + protesters taking to the streets in Cairo. Continuing violence, bloodshed and death. Press being assaulted / detained / threatened / equipment confiscated. An entire country on the cusp of nation wide revolt and you lead with some meaningless crap that has little to nothing to do with the Superbowl which, by the way, is 2 days away . Come on... really? Hey, I'm a fairly conservative Republican. Make no bones about it. I love football and the Superbowl but WTF!? I'm well aware of the knocks that FNN takes about being "fair and balanced" but I actually believe they do a pretty good job. As I stated, it's my preferred news source, but certainly not my only one. I actually had to switched to CNN to get the latest update on Egypt. I'm sorry, but that is just an all around bad job by Fox. Wait... Did I just say I turned to CNN to get the news...? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Danny

I don't know Man,
    live egypt right now.
    you musta turned on during that funny voice feller?.
    it was a segment, they fill time, all of them......
    Ya gota jump round to hear it all.
    Like dog training, read everything and use a grain of salt.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I don't know Man,
    live egypt right now.
    you musta turned on during that funny voice feller?.
    it was a segment, they fill time, all of them......
    Ya gota jump round to hear it all.
    Like dog training, read everything and use a grain of salt.

Not sure I get your point Ken. All I'm saying is, with everything going on in Egypt, how do you lead with pimping some meaningless future segment. There is some real nasty $hit going on in Egypt. I understand filler. But I'm not sure the time for it is at the top of the hour when there is a world crisis to report. Like I said, Fox News is my first (not only) choice when I'm looking for updates. I just think they looked a little foolish to their audience on this one. Bet I'm not the only one.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Not sure I get your point Ken. All I'm saying is, with everything going on in Egypt, how do you lead with pimping some meaningless future segment. There is some real nasty $hit going on in Egypt. I understand filler. But I'm not sure the time for it is at the top of the hour when there is a world crisis to report. Like I said, Fox News is my first (not only) choice when I'm looking for updates. I just think they looked a little foolish to their audience on this one. Bet I'm not the only one.

Danny
    That's why you have a remote
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    Fox News is my preferred news station when I want to get caught up on what is going on in the world. So I flip to Fox at the top of the hour (8am est) and there is Brian Kilmeade sitting with a football field behind him and talking about having Frank Caliendo / Drew Brees / and Mark Sanchez on as guests in his upcoming segment ! I mean, a million + protesters taking to the streets in Cairo. Continuing violence, bloodshed and death. Press being assaulted / detained / threatened / equipment confiscated. An entire country on the cusp of nation wide revolt and you lead with some meaningless crap that has little to nothing to do with the Superbowl which, by the way, is 2 days away . Come on... really? Hey, I'm a fairly conservative Republican. Make no bones about it. I love football and the Superbowl but WTF!? I'm well aware of the knocks that FNN takes about being "fair and balanced" but I actually believe they do a pretty good job. As I stated, it's my preferred news source, but certainly not my only one. I actually had to switched to CNN to get the latest update on Egypt. I'm sorry, but that is just an all around bad job by Fox. Wait... Did I just say I turned to CNN to get the news...? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Danny
    You're right there was that segment you describe, but it wasn't a "lead" story. Had you been watching Fox in the preceding hour, there was a heavy dose of Egypt provided. Also since then there has been quite a bit more. It's the nature of the morning news cycle on all channels where segments can be 30 sec, 1 min, 2 mins, 5 mins but almost never more than that. The hard news on Fox starts after Fox & Friends, not unlike other channels except more "fair & balanced" on Fox.......
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's why you have a remote
    Agreed . They just got me scratching my head on this one.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    You're right there was that segment you describe, but it wasn't a "lead" story. Had you been watching Fox in the preceding hour, there was a heavy dose of Egypt provided. Also since then there has been quite a bit more. It's the nature of the morning news cycle on all channels where segments can be 30 sec, 1 min, 2 mins, 5 mins but almost never more than that. The hard news on Fox starts after Fox & Friends, not unlike other channels except more "fair & balanced" on Fox.......
    Understood. And I know it wasn't their "lead story" Granddaddy. I believe I said they "led" with with the segment I described, meaning "started with" for clarification. Yea, no doubt there was plenty of coverage before and after. I guess my point is that most people would expect to get the most pressing news at the top of the hour and for 60 to 90 seconds they have as they grab a piece of toast and a cup of coffee and fly out the door, they could get a feel for what has gone on in the world since they last checked. It's an observation, criticism I guess, of a news channel I faithfully watch. I think it's fair. Looks like I'm a loner on this one . And I totally agree with your observations highlighted above. I overlooked that it was Fox and Friends. There is definitely an entertainment side to that show for sure.

Danny

That's odd, I'm so sick of hearing about egypt football would've been a nice break. There's no breaking news from egypt why do i have to hear about it 24/7. Video of the same mob of people for a week now with nothing new coming out....why do i still care?

I dont know if you watched the segment leading up to the Sanchez,Brees segment..but it was with Chris Wallace who was also in Dallas and will host Fox News Sunday..personally I am tired of the Egypt 24/7 coverage its almost like a bunch of ghouls hoping that war will break out and they will catch it live on camera...just further evidence that our world and the US way of life should NOT be dictated by the Middle East
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-04-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I've been watching Mike & Mike and Dan Patrick all morning and they haven't said anything about Egypt. What's going on in Egypt?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth