The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    I've watched a couple episodes and like it, too. The first one I saw was about hog killers, and my first thought was, who cares about a destructive, stinkin feral hog, kill em all! But it's pretty well done, not tree hugger/animal rights activist slanted as I was expecting.
    Yes, wild hogs are getting way out of control and when I lived back in Texas, we would get PAID to come and take care of the problem, so when it comes to hogs, I just say, hey, if it is their property, let them do as they please, "kill'em all"!!

I do really like the show though because it is really well done and a lot of those people on there do need to be put behind bars for some of the things they do.
    Laura

~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

On tonights episode the guy says why would anyone shoot a doe, most peole who say they shot one usually get asked why. I understand he couldn't shoot a doe but they shouldn't act like shooting a doe is wrong in general. Meat hunters hunt for meat not just a wall mount rack.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Laura McCaw View Post
    Lol, my husband says the same thing except he says just above Sacramento, lol.

You know, after living in NE Texas my whole life until 2004, I can't see the beauty of this state. I am used to all 4 seasons, lots of wildlife, FRESH air, friendly people, small towns, no traffic, green summers, nice humidity, fire flies and I could just go on and on, so when I look here, I just see dead trees and a fire hazard, lol. The people aren't so friendly and the traffic is non-stop, even on the backroads. The deer are small and you have lots of liberals trying to stick their nose in everyone's business and a large amount of meth addict whiskey tangos (whoops, did I just say that??). I guess I just miss Texas, but I met my husband here and we bought a house while prices are down, and just stuck here for a while.

BUT I would way much prefer northern california to southern california ANYTIME!!! So yes, it is a lot nicer here. Just watch out for the fire's in the summer though.
    Nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA.

PS..they need to do a show about the Sturgeon Poaching...I have seen my fair share of suspected poaching and called it in. Poblem for CA Wardens is they are WAY WAY WAY WAY streched thin. They have 200 swarn wardens to I believe 300,000 lic. outdoors men (hunting and fishing) lowest ratio in the nation by a LONG SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    On tonights episode the guy says why would anyone shoot a doe, most peole who say they shot one usually get asked why. I understand he couldn't shoot a doe but they shouldn't act like shooting a doe is wrong in general. Meat hunters hunt for meat not just a wall mount rack.
    I shoot lots of does every year. I am over run with deer, and I figure I'm getting way more bang for my buck[no pun intended] in thinning these field rats out by killing does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    I kinda thought the same thing, too. I chalked it up to different deer density than elsewhere. He also said that taking 5 bucks off 5,000 acres would devastate the population. That guy would have nightmares of blood, death and carnage if he ever transferred to Alabama or Georgia.

Another odd thing I heard....California only has 200 Game and Fish wardens in the whole state?!?! That's crazy.

Good progam, though....watched it for the first time tonight thx to ya'lls recommendations.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.