The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisionism ala Ronald Reagan

Default Revisionism ala Ronald Reagan

Sorry to all you Ronald Reagan admirers but I think that maybe we should take a look at what was going on and what the feelings were during the time when he was in office. Time has a wonderful quality of clouding the recollections of people who idolized President Reagan especially it seems the Conservative media.

http://www.salon.com/news/the_real_r...l_bunch_reagan

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Sorry to all you Ronald Reagan admirers but I think that maybe we should take a look at what was going on and what the feelings were during the time when he was in office. Time has a wonderful quality of clouding the recollections of people who idolized President Reagan especially it seems the Conservative media.

http://www.salon.com/news/the_real_r...l_bunch_reagan
    Quite all-right, I mean your recollections for the last 2 years are pretty cloudy right now!!!

Just sayin'......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

My memory of him is not dim........I am sorry to say that I voted for him....'nuff said.

You can hate on him all you want. You are in the minority. Just makes you look like a bunch of namby pamby jackwagons! tissue?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You can hate on him all you want. You are in the minority. Just makes you look like a bunch of namby pamby jackwagons! tissue?
    Not sure who said they "hated" him.
    He was just wasn't the savior he's been made out to be by the RWM.
    Funny thing is, he wouldn't even get a nod in today's GOP.

He happened to come along at the right time. We had a succession of weak presidents, at least in the personality department, and he certainly had plenty of that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Don't hate him at all. Just telling it like I see it. We haven't had a good man in the White House for a long time. Maybe mostly because a lot of them are being controlled by other people. The bills just keep increasing ........ of course we have others to blame congress etc. also. If we would just stop throwing money around like we had it to burn we might be able to get this nation back.

I also voted for him and remember clearly the hostage release from Iran. Jimmy Carter was reviled and Ronald Reagan brought alot of hope in a time that was tough time economically and politically.

Some of you here should not take this personally just try to be a little more objective.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Funny thing is, he wouldn't even get a nod in today's GOP.

And just how do you think JFK would fare with the DEMS today? He was farther right than ole independent dnf claims to be.

Time to put on your costume regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

if you were around for carter he was a savior.carter was the worst president since i have been voting.but he might slip to #2 soon

You don’t have to “hate on him” to acknowledge the truth about him. If that puts me in the minority, so be it.