The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisionism ala Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You don’t have to “hate on him” to acknowledge the truth about him. If that puts me in the minority, so be it.
    So it shall be...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    So it shall be...
    Thanks. It feels good not to be a part of the herd mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not sure who said they "hated" him.
    He was just wasn't the savior he's been made out to be by the RWM.
    Funny thing is, he wouldn't even get a nod in today's GOP.

He happened to come along at the right time. We had a succession of weak presidents, at least in the personality department, and he certainly had plenty of that.

Seriously ?...if that were the case then please explain why perspective candidate like Gingrich and Palin go out of their way to please the Reagan conservatives and why He is considered the standard bearer for the modern day conservative movement..IMHO the Republican party has become sidetracked because it abandoned some of the principles that Reagan brought to the party, they moved to the center and thats not their nature or strong suit, if there is one thing the Tea Party has done its to kick the party in the rear and get them to move to the right of center which is where most of America sits too..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Thanks. It feels good not to be a part of the herd mentality.
    Oh but you are...its just a very small herd.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Seriously ?...if that were the case then please explain why perspective candidate like Gingrich and Palin go out of their way to please the Reagan conservatives and why He is considered the standard bearer for the modern day conservative movement..IMHO the Republican party has become sidetracked because it abandoned some of the principles that Reagan brought to the party, they moved to the center and thats not their nature or strong suit, if there is one thing the Tea Party has done its to kick the party in the rear and get them to move to the right of center which is where most of America sits too..
    Not to mention the biggest joke in modern politics... Barack Obama (and his adoring press corps) comparing himself to Reagan. The only thing they have in common is that they both were elected POTUS.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Oh but you are...its just a very small herd.
    One does not constitute a herd. I like to think for myself.

Pres. Reagan brought stability and strength to the office when we needed it after the weak Pres. Carter failures. Between his strong personality and determination we returned to feeling good about ourselves.

On the other hand, he did bribe the Iranian terrorist and did trade arms for hostages. He ran from Lebannon after the bombing of the Marine barracks. His Amnesty Program was ill-concieved and led to a mass influx of new illegal migrants. A program he should have never gotten behind when he knew Congress wouldn't follow through. And, he spent money like a Democrat.

I think Hannity and Palin try and ride his coattails because he is the only memorable Republican President since WW2. But then again, I liked Nixon and still do!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Pres. Reagan brought stability and strength to the office when we needed it after the weak Pres. Carter failures. Between his strong personality and determination we returned to feeling good about ourselves.

On the other hand, he did bribe the Iranian terrorist and did trade arms for hostages. He ran from Lebannon after the bombing of the Marine barracks. His Amnesty Program was ill-concieved and led to a mass influx of new illegal migrants. A program he should have never gotten behind when he knew Congress wouldn't follow through. And, he spent money like a Democrat.

I think Hannity and Palin try and ride his coattails because he is the only memorable Republican President since WW2. But then again, I liked Nixon and still do!
    I will second that. I also liked George H W Bush 41

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

I will second that. I also liked George H W Bush 41
    Back in 1991 I never understood why Bush41 didn't finish the job of replacing Saddam Hussein when our troops were on the foot of Bagdad. I think he realized that a castrated Hussien was better than someone else and that Iraq with Hussien would maintain the balance of power in the mideast.

A lesson he should have taught his son!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Back in 1991 I never understood why Bush41 didn't finish the job of replacing Saddam Hussein when our troops were on the foot of Bagdad. I think he realized that a castrated Hussien was better than someone else and that Iraq with Hussien would maintain the balance of power in the mideast.

A lesson he should have taught his son!
    You have heard Dick Cheney's defense of that decision, haven't you? Its very eloquent and prophetic. Why he did a 180, I'll never know.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!