The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Even more worried about TX friends

Default Even more worried about TX friends

Hope that everyone is safe down there and that none in our retriever training family are displaced. I know from his webpage that Bill Hillmann's location is Caldwell, TX and that seems to be near where a lot of the flooding is taking place. Keeping all of you in our prayers.

Excluding the loss of lives which is a tragic happening we always say "if man made it, money can fix it"
    We are wet and have had some water damage to buildings and the loss of a large pond with another ready to break the spillway but life is good. Thanks for thinking of us.
    There is something about the ouside of a dog which makes the inside of man feel good

anybody know if Vinwood (Farmer's place) got hit with all the flooding from the Houston area...also wondering if Bakbay (Bruce here on the RTF) took on a lot of water out in Creedmoor (south of Austin)..I know our duck lease is pretty much under water and pretty much be a mud pit unless we have a hot dry summer and some new weeds/food grow..

Also guess that the Rorem's and the Heise's places took on lots of water, but they should already be in Montana getting ready for the National, would also guess that the Helgoth's and the Fuller's places in Anderson are soaked
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Hope all is well. They don't usually get a load of rain but now this much! Take care & thinking of you all!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Hashtag Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    anybody know if Vinwood (Farmer's place) got hit with all the flooding from the Houston area...also wondering if Bakbay (Bruce here on the RTF) took on a lot of water out in Creedmoor (south of Austin)..I know our duck lease is pretty much under water and pretty much be a mud pit unless we have a hot dry summer and some new weeds/food grow..

Also guess that the Rorem's and the Heise's places took on lots of water, but they should already be in Montana getting ready for the National, would also guess that the Helgoth's and the Fuller's places in Anderson are soaked
    We are all soaked, Farmers are in Minnesota so no knowledge of there. In our neck of the woods this month we have had measurable rainfall 21 of 27 days and we have had 14+ inches for the month but then we were behind 20 inches for the past two years. We have already had more rain in 2015 than we had in 2014. Ponds overflowing so some erosion, the grass is so high cannot see the dogs all the time on land, too wet to mow, no one has even attempted to bale hay and the row crop farmers are rapidly reaching a point where it is too late to plant. A wise man once said that in Texas when one drought ends the next one begins. Wichita Falls has been recycling waste water for a couple of years, now the reservoirs that supply them are over full. It's hard to complain about rain but we wish it would stop for awhile, the forecast for the rest of this week has thunderstorm chances 40%-60% everyday through the weekend.

We are fine here in eastern Parker County (nw of Ft. Worth). Training on land is almost impossible due to water logged fields and very high grass. Two of us went to the north end of Lake Weatherford where there are some day picnic areas and did a few water marks and blinds.

We tried our hand at dock dog work. The docks have rails around them at about waist high. So Rowdy couldn't get a big high launch.

This Sat. we're going to put my son's small John boat in and do some marks thrown from a boat.

June looks promising for some drier weather.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

We have certainly had lots of water in the Creedmoor area in the last month and my ponds have been regularly flowing over in lots of places in addition to their normal spillways. No way to measure, but I'd bet there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of acre feet of water flow thru our property recently. Our driveway has been regularly impassable with water flowing 18" deep...water has flowed thru our yard 6-10" deep, sometimes coming within a about 6" of entering our house. Every time the rain stops, I run a pump to reduce the water level in the back yard where the dogs go...it is becoming a mosquito infested swamp.

With all that said, lots of people have more problems than we do from the continuing rain and flooding.
    Bruce Bachert Bakbay Labradors
    beb@bakbay.com www.bakbay.com
    Creedmoor, TX (near Austin)

We're sort of down at the tail end of all this and have gotten enough that the stock tanks are full and the farmers that didn't plant early are SOL now, but, although many fields are flooded and there have been a few buildings damaged and a few folks in Corpus and some of the other surrounding areas have had some flooding, I don't believe that anyone has died here, although several of the missing (now presumed dead) were from Corpus, just not in Corpus at the time. It's so flat here and we're not hemmed in by anything that it takes a huge amount of rain to really flood us.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

image.jpg

We got 5 inches of rain this morning, bringing us to 17.7 inches for the month and 37.6 inches since the middle of February when we bought a weather station that keep up with that. We are quite soggy, and it seem like we always need to mow, but can't get to it because of how wet it is this year. Someone said we got about 14 inches all last year.

image.jpg

This shows our pond, earthen spillway helping out the overflow pipe after the big rain this morning. Water is still running down the hill towards it.

Everything is muddy, but other than that, we are fine and lucky! Grass is green and in sufficient quantities to keep the cattle happy.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady