The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Switched to Dr Tims. Dog is now eating grass like crazy.

Default Switched to Dr Tims. Dog is now eating grass like crazy.

Made the switch to Dr Tims Pursuits from Taste of the Wild Bison.
    I made the switch over a 10 day time frame. Everything seems to be going very well execpt my female CBR is now wanting to eat grass more than she had been prior to the switch. Her stools are nice and firm.

Is this normal or has new food upset her stomach. I tried to PM Dr Tim but I was a few short on my posts since I am new here.

Thanks Gj

I believe all you have to make is 10 post so you should be good to go and write Dr. Tim now. Id like to see the response also though. My dogs been doing the same.

I'm actually switching my male chessie from Taste of the Wild to Dr Tims Pursuit right now too, but it's only been a couple days. I'd be interested in the response you get.

I have all my dogs on Dr Tim's. ( 7 Chesapeake s) (8 months to 13 years old) All are doing well, great coats,stools,etc. My guys all eat grass,acorns,pinecones etc. We have to keep an eye on the pup. She has a obsession with mushrooms.

Joyce

It isn't certain why dog's eat grass. When I see mine eat grass, I think they are happy because it tastes good.

Dods eat shit. Dogs eat grass. Dogs eat dead things. Must be your first dog?

They eat grass to make their poop stringy and to throw up. Dogs LOVE to throw up - especially on the carpet.

(In other words, don't worry about it.)

My pup has been eating grass since the day I brought him home. 16 months old now and been on Dr Tim's Pursuit for 6+ months. Asked the vet about eating grass early on and she said some dogs just enjoy a little salad time to time.

The food must have improved the taste buds in your dog.. just kidding, but certain times of the year make grazing and the want to chew on grass more tempting... it tastes sweet to our dogs....
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

A chessie eating things imagine that! Mine thinks sticks are an endless buffet. He's surprisingly selective of the perfect stick to dine upon.