Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PRA testing for Labs

Banned

Thanks Lainee. That's what I thought.

WRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Angie, what's the pedigree on Rosa? Is she conformation bred?

WRL
    Yes she is with field back 4 generations on her mother's side. Oasis Labrador's foundation bitch was optigen B.

Angie

Optigen having another savings:

http://www.optigen.com/opt11_calendar.taf

January 02, 2012 through January 16, 2012 - Winter Discount Days
    OptiGen will be offering our Winter Discount Days for online entries starting January 2nd through January 16th. Entries need to be made during that time using the code Happy2012 for the maximum discount of 25%. Clients will have up to 30 days from the date of their online request to get samples to OptiGen for testing. For more information, please contact Becky at 607-257-0301 or email genetest@optigen.com. Happy New Year!

This is a great time to get your dogs tested.
    Pattie
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!

Thanks for posting Pattie, I was just going to ask if anyone had the scoop on 'sale days'. Perfect timing
    Erin Lynes
    Eromit Labrador Retrievers

Home of:
    Twig AGDC, Ruger JH ADC SGDC MGDC MSDC MSCDC CRNCL, Winchester SGDC CRNCL, Shelby SGDC CRNCL, Spider, Kimber, Verona, Missie, Jackie,
    Victor CRNCL, Jet, Glitzy CRNMCL SGDC, Harvey & Viper
    ..........gone but never forgotten, the gal who started it all: Spider's Sunshine MSDC MSCDC AADC AGDC NAC NGC NJC (Nestle) ...........

what is the process to get your dog PRA certified?Is there a minimum age to have dog tested?

It is a simple DNA test and can be done at any age. You send in a cheek swab or blood sample to Optigen, and they send you back the result, usually within a week or two. www.optigen.com
    Erin Lynes
    Eromit Labrador Retrievers

Home of:
    Twig AGDC, Ruger JH ADC SGDC MGDC MSDC MSCDC CRNCL, Winchester SGDC CRNCL, Shelby SGDC CRNCL, Spider, Kimber, Verona, Missie, Jackie,
    Victor CRNCL, Jet, Glitzy CRNMCL SGDC, Harvey & Viper
    ..........gone but never forgotten, the gal who started it all: Spider's Sunshine MSDC MSCDC AADC AGDC NAC NGC NJC (Nestle) ...........

Senior Member Richard McCullough's Avatar

I did my new pup at 4 months age, and his CERF was right after the PRA results

Thanks,do you get a kit from optigen?

You do not need a "kit" to submit to Optigen. Sterile swabs must be used for swab submissions. Those are available in many locations like vets, human doctors, human pharmacies, human hospitals. Same for blood samples. Tube is a "standard" one used by vets for a lot of other testing.

You just fill out the order form online; pay by credit card ... and send off your sample to them.

Discount days coming up Jan. 2-16 ... 20% discount on all tests; and additional 25% discount if you do more than one Optigen test. Labs have two ... prcd-PRA and RD/OS.

You must order your test during the discount days period. You have 30 days to get the sample to them.

Gerry
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Thanks for the info Gerry,I appreciate it
    MIke