The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas vs. California

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    If we dont tighten our immigration laws and our borders the same thing will happen to other states too
    INCLUDING Texas..... we have very high numbers of illegals and children of illegals absorbing school budgets and entitlement dollars that were never intended as such.

You won't get an argument from me. If it were'nt for my job we'd left this state a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, the duck hunting is good, the weather is mild and if I drive 2 hours east I'm at 9,000' in the Sierra's and 2 hours west I'm sittin' on the beach tossin'em back but damn, the taxes & crime are getting out of control here.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........

Quote Originally Posted by freefall319 View Post
    You won't get an argument from me. If it were'nt for my job we'd left this state a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, the duck hunting is good, the weather is mild and if I drive 2 hours east I'm at 9,000' in the Sierra's and 2 hours west I'm sittin' on the beach tossin'em back but damn, the taxes & crime are getting out of control here.
    Stuck in Lodi again, Mr. Fogerty?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post

Don't 'spose your reference to CCR slipped past him? heh heh heh heh.

But I know how he feels about Awnoldland, my son lives in that Sac valley as well. He married a gal from a family that have lived their entire lives in that locale, so it's hard to get her and their 3 kids to move out. Might take the fault line to open too close to their abode to convince them they need to get out.

UB
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 02-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Stuck, na, my wife & little one's would leave today if I wanted. It's just hard to leave a job making what I do with the time off and beni's that I have. So for now we'll stick it out. But, if the right oppertunity came up we'd blow this popcicle stand.
    You've never lived until you've almost died, and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor, that the protected will never know..........