The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Rat Jumps Ship

Banned

Default Another Rat Jumps Ship

I wonder what he got caught doing? Or who he was caught doing?

Kyl becomes latest senator to retire

NBC News has confirmed through sources that Kyl, the No. 2 in the GOP Senate leadership, will announce his retirement at a press conference today from Phoenix.

The Arizona Republic adds:
    Kyl was first elected to the Senate in 1994. Early in his Senate career, Kyl generally was overshadowed by the better known and more senior Sen. John McCain, his GOP colleague from Arizona who was emerging as a major national figure. But as Senate minority whip, Kyl is the No. 2 Republican senator and one of the highest-ranking Arizonans to ever serve on Capitol Hill.

The difference here is the republican ship is not sinking. Also, Arizona will have no problem replacing Kyle with a republican senator.

The cheese is still tasty for the republicans Roger...but hang on to that HOPE
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

"I will not seek reelection the United States Senate but will retire from public service in January 2013," Kyl said. He added that he was confident he would win if he ran again, adding: "There is no reason other than the fact than I think its time." He revealed that he had all but decided not to run again when he won six years ago.

Retiring in 2 years, not seeking re-election, hardly earth shattering news. BHO will be retiring in 2 years too, just not voluntarily!!

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

John Kyl has served this country well first in the House and then in the Senate...I would much rather see him go out at the top of his game then stay one term too many as the senior senator from Arizona has chosen to do
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

.[/INDENT]
    More tripe from our Florida trollster.

Give it a rest regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    John Kyl has served this country well first in the House and then in the Senate...I would much rather see him go out at the top of his game then stay one term too many as the senior senator from Arizona has chosen to do
    "Presidential ambition is a disease that can only be cured by embalming fluid.
    John McCain

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/j...ain-quotes.htm
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

NBC News has confirmed through sources that Kyl, the No. 2 in the GOP Senate leadership, will announce his retirement at a press conference today from Phoenix.

Kyl was first elected to the Senate in 1994. Early in his Senate career, Kyl generally was overshadowed by the better known and more senior Sen. John McCain, his GOP colleague from Arizona who was emerging as a major national figure. But as Senate minority whip, Kyl is the No. 2 Republican senator and one of the highest-ranking Arizonans to ever serve on Capitol Hill.
    In my five years as a member of this forum I have never once engaged you in conversation for a very specific reason......I value my grey matter, I hear brain cells dying merely reading many of your posts. I recall years ago you taking someone to task for suggesting that you "sit on your fat ass and let everyone else do the work at FT". I felt then as I do now that your response, for the most part, was accurate and that the accuser spoke out of turn. Had we a Senate Chamber, equally divided, with the character, demeanor and desire to honor the Constitution while best serving both State and Nation of Jon Kyle, public satisfaction polls would be through the roof. I now find your "Rat" comment to be every bit as thoughtless and uneducated as your former accusers. In a race of true Honorability, Bi-partisian work, thoughtful responses, Moral and Ethical integrity, few if any of his contemporaries out pace him. Knock yourself out doing searches to find votes or comments of his that you feel were out of line..... had I the slightest desire to engage you in a 'tit for tat' child's game.... for every one that you found with him, I could find dozens of examples of blatant stupidity from the left side of the aisle. Keep in mind I've got some real charmers to work with....... Baucus, Boxer, Durbin, Feinstein, Franken.......and I haven't even hit the G's yet. Senator Kyle chooses to leave office under his own terms... no blue dress or craigslist ad, no abuse of power charges, no improprieties charges or fraud/money laundering accusations. Perhaps you might spend a little more time considering the quality of your posts rather then pounding on a keyboard to increase the quantity.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Kyl was first elected to the Senate in 1994. Early in his Senate career, Kyl generally was overshadowed by the better known and more senior Sen. John McCain, his GOP colleague from Arizona who was emerging as a major national figure. But as Senate minority whip, Kyl is the No. 2 Republican senator and one of the highest-ranking Arizonans to ever serve on Capitol

Hill.
    So a guy decides to end his public service and you have to sink to the lowest depths.

Once again you show your true colors. You are obviously a sad and pathetic individual that relishes the destruction of others reputations with no proof of improprieties, only conjecture.

You are what is wrong with this country and the left.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    In my five years as a member of this forum I have never once engaged you in conversation for a very specific reason......I value my grey matter, I hear brain cells dying merely reading many of your posts. I recall years ago you taking someone to task for suggesting that you "sit on your fat ass and let everyone else do the work at FT". I felt then as I do now that your response, for the most part, was accurate and that the accuser spoke out of turn. Had we a Senate Chamber, equally divided, with the character, demeanor and desire to honor the Constitution while best serving both State and Nation of Jon Kyle, public satisfaction polls would be through the roof. I now find your "Rat" comment to be every bit as thoughtless and uneducated as your former accusers. In a race of true Honorability, Bi-partisian work, thoughtful responses, Moral and Ethical integrity, few if any of his contemporaries out pace him. Knock yourself out doing searches to find votes or comments of his that you feel were out of line..... had I the slightest desire to engage you in a 'tit for tat' child's game.... for every one that you found with him, I could find dozens of examples of blatant stupidity from the left side of the aisle. Keep in mind I've got some real charmers to work with....... Baucus, Boxer, Durbin, Feinstein, Franken.......and I haven't even hit the G's yet. Senator Kyle chooses to leave office under his own terms... no blue dress or craigslist ad, no abuse of power charges, no improprieties charges or fraud/money laundering accusations. Perhaps you might spend a little more time considering the quality of your posts rather then pounding on a keyboard to increase the quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    So a guy decides to end his public service and you have to sink to the lowest depths.

Once again you show your true colors. You are obviously a sad and pathetic individual that relishes the destruction of others reputations with no proof of improprieties, only conjecture.

You are what is wrong with this country and the left.
    Well said, guys. Well said!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

This thread was in reply to huntinmans post of the rats are jumping off the ship. If you are going to take me to task for it why haven't you taken him to task for making the same comments. Oh, I know. It's because Jim Webb who is retiring after one term is a Democrat.
    When I submitted the story I submitted the whole story. Only later did his reasons for retiring come out. It is not a common practice to quit office in the middle of a term unless you are Sarah Palin.

The rats are jumping off the ship!
    Virginia Democratic Sen. Webb to Retire from Senate After One Term
    By Trish Turner
    Created 2011-02-09 11:50
    First-term Democratic Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia will retire when his term ends next year.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 02-11-2011 at 06:20 AM.