The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Rat Jumps Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    This thread was in reply to huntinmans post of the rats are jumping off the ship. If you are going to take me to task for it why haven't you taken him to task for making the same comments. Oh, I know. It's because Jim Webb who is retiring after one term is a Democrat.
    When I submitted the story I submitted the whole story. Only later did his reasons for retiring come out.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Smile

It is not a common practice to quit office in the middle of a term........
    he quit???? I read it as he is letting the folk in his state know in a timefull way they ned to get somebody to run for his seat in 2013. Looks like he is doing his job to me.
    How many things can you be wrong about in one thread?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    he quit???? I read it as he is letting the folk in his state know in a timefull way they ned to get somebody to run for his seat in 2013. Looks like he is doing his job to me.

I don't think there is any preset limit in this particular case.

Just sayin'........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

Speaking of Wrong. I could be wrong, but I thought Congressional elections all occurred in even numbered years

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Speaking of Wrong. I could be wrong, but I thought Congressional elections all occurred in even numbered years

I would spek' the votin' for the seat is nov 2012 and they take office and start swearing with the rest at first of the year.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Just out of curiosity Roger, what % of your income comes directly from the government?

This thread was in reply to huntinmans post of the rats are jumping off the ship. If you are going to take me to task for it why haven't you taken him to task for making the same comments. Oh, I know. It's because Jim Webb who is retiring after one term is a Democrat.
    When I submitted the story I submitted the whole story. Only later did his reasons for retiring come out. It is not a common practice to quit office in the middle of a term unless you are Sarah Palin.

The rats are jumping off the ship!
    Virginia Democratic Sen. Webb to Retire from Senate After One Term
    By Trish Turner
    Created 2011-02-09 11:50
    First-term Democratic Sen. Jim Webb of Virginia will retire when his term ends next year.

Kyle is not retiring in the middle of his term. His term expires as a Senator in 2 years.

I did not see the other thread but cheap shots are cheap shots. Wrong for both sides.

It would be nice if folks would talk about policy and issue differences instead of throwing around baseless accusations and lies.

It makes both sides look petty and childish.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Senator Kyle chooses to leave office under his own terms... no blue dress or craigslist ad, no abuse of power charges, no improprieties charges or fraud/money laundering accusations.
    I had occasion to call Senator Kyl's DC office many years back as I felt he was the only Senator to have the Estate Tax issue correct. Whomever I talked to was polite & even though I introduced myself as someone from Out of State was not interested in ending the conversation. He reminds me a lot of Goldwater!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!