The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C P A C - 2011

Default C P A C - 2011

Well fellow Conservatives, RINOS,Indy's and CPAC is here and its the first straw poll of any significance...who are your early choices and why
    Michele Bachmann, Minnesota representative
    Haley Barbour, Mississippi governor
    Chris Christie, New Jersey governor
    Mitch Daniels, Indiana governor
    Newt Gingrich, former House speaker
    Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor
    Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor
    Jon Huntsman, former Utah governor
    Gary Johnson, former New Mexico governor
    Ron Paul, Texas representative
    Tim Pawlenty, former Minnesota governor
    Mitt Romney, former Massachusetts governor
    Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania senator
    John Thune, South Dakota senator
    Herman Cain, former Godfather Pizza CEO, talk radio host
    Other

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz1DbhBJvbV
    My top 3 are John Thune,Tim Pawlenty, and Mitch Daniels...with Jon Huntsman close behind
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-10-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Well fellow Conservatives, RINOS,Indy's and CPAC is here and its the first straw poll of any significance...who are your early choices and why

My top 3 are John Thune,Tim Pawlenty, and Mitch Daniels...with Jon Huntsman close behind
    Why?

Bill Davis

Haley Barbour!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

With 15 candidates, who's left to be "Other" and how'd "Other" get 8%...more that 12 of the 15 candidates? This is gonna be a horse race.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Why?

Sorry forgot to add that

Mitch Daniels -would rather concentrate on fiscal conservative issues instead of moral conservative issues

John Thune- hunter, so I know my guns are safe, seem to talk the most sensible and articulate, well polished...but dont know if he will run

Tim Pawlenty- like his experience from a Governorship, I also think he is very electable

Jon Huntsman- I like his conservative moral values, but dont think he is electable, but would make a good VP
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Ron Paul at he CPAC
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_822132.html

So far, he is the only one telling it like it is!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

Bachman - ?
    Palin - Doing best what she does best
    Cain - potential VP
    Barbour - I have always liked this guy
    Christie - Looks good but short on seasoning, I think everyone remembers when the rules were going to get changed for the Governator
    Daniels - Unfortunately, he is physically short but apparently sensible
    Gingrich - He lost my vote when he shut govt down, caved & then paid everyone for not working
    Huckaby - He needs to stick to preaching
    Huntsman - What makes him different than Cain?
    Gary Johnson - Who? maybe JD in all his ennui can vet this guy
    Ron Paul - What's he done besides bitch, so much that few listen
    Pawlenty - Gov of MN is not a stepping stone to the R POTUS position
    Romney - A health care package that doesn't work in MA
    Santorum - Didn't he lose as the incumbent in PA
    Thune - I donated to his campaign against Daschle, which has gotten me countless solicitations. I pointed out to him that the Farm Bill was too much & SD was exporting too many of it's best & brightest elsewhere due to a commodity economy. No Reply. From his mailers & his yearly Xmas card, my opinion is, this is a guy stuck on himself. No one who grew up in Murdo is worldly enough to run this country just as I said about McGovern "No one who grew up 12 miles from where I did is worldly enough to run this country."

I still like "Jindal" .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

I still like "Jindal" .
    He won't run until 2016. He still in his 30's, he has time.

Besides, he still has work to do here.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

The CPAC is pretty much loaded up for a Ron Paul. Lots of folks preaching to the choir.

The older ones have too much prior baggage. I wish it weren't so in Newt's case. He is probably the best of the litter.

As to your observations about Thune, Marvin...

"Thune - I donated to his campaign against Daschle, which has gotten me countless solicitations. I pointed out to him that the Farm Bill was too much & SD was exporting too many of it's best & brightest elsewhere due to a commodity economy. No Reply. From his mailers & his yearly Xmas card, my opinion is, this is a guy stuck on himself. No one who grew up in Murdo is worldly enough to run this country just as I said about McGovern "No one who grew up 12 miles from where I did is worldly enough to run this country."

Your donation is appreciated, but getting rid of Dashole should have been reward enough.

I get replys every time I write him. Mox Nix! He's not running, just caught up in the "hype from a hundred friends"...me not being one of them, as I advised him it's just friendly hype.

As far as being 'stuck on himself', you couldn't be further from the truth. He's as honest an individual as I know. Far too involved in his family to take that much time to run for POTUS.

He will do much better, and become far more recognizable when the Senate republicans take control and he heads up a few committees. In fact, I could easily see him replacing Harry Reid. His value will become more evident as a US Senator, where he'll be for some time.

FWIW, you don't have to come from Chicago or any of the other large markets to be "worldly' enough to know how to protect and run a nation with our Constitution, you just need to know how to abide by it, and follow the founders design.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    As to your observations about Thune, Marvin...

"Thune - I donated to his campaign against Daschle, which has gotten me countless solicitations. I pointed out to him that the Farm Bill was too much & SD was exporting too many of it's best & brightest elsewhere due to a commodity economy. No Reply. From his mailers & his yearly Xmas card, my opinion is, this is a guy stuck on himself. No one who grew up in Murdo is worldly enough to run this country just as I said about McGovern "No one who grew up 12 miles from where I did is worldly enough to run this country."

Your donation is appreciated, but getting rid of Dashole should have been reward enough.

I get replys every time I write him. Mox Nix! He's not running, just caught up in the "hype from a hundred friends"...me not being one of them, as I advised him it's just friendly hype.

As far as being 'stuck on himself', you couldn't be further from the truth. He's as honest an individual as I know. Far too involved in his family to take that much time to run for POTUS.

He will do much better, and become far more recognizable when the Senate republicans take control and he heads up a few committees. In fact, I could easily see him replacing Harry Reid. His value will become more evident as a US Senator, where he'll be for some time.

FWIW, you don't have to come from Chicago or any of the other large markets to be "worldly' enough to know how to protect and run a nation with our Constitution, you just need to know how to abide by it, and follow the founders design.

UB
    UB - I was happy when Daschle was beaten, just did not seem like a SD type of guy.

I'm glad you are happy with Thune - I am not. Though I do believe he would make a good Senate Majority Leader.

I had a fair number of Mines graduates work for me through the years. Enough that I know them to be as well qualified as any of the Tech school type people. I've also received the "Hardrocker" through the years so was able to keep some track of those who I matriculated with & those who followed. Many started successful businesses elsewhere which could have just as well happened in SD.

The state will not get away from being an exporter of talent until they change their commodity mentality, & I believe Thune could have been a leader in that movement had he so desired. But I also understand that being a leader may require the expenditure of political capital, I'm not sure he's that type.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!