The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drilling in the Gulf

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I thought this was hashed out a while ago, and the consensus was people were PROUD to be a coon-ass!?

My son is one, but he's not old enough to make up his mind yet.
    If you dig up that old thread, you will see that it wasn't hashed out.

There are still some oldtimers that think it cute but, to the younger generation, those under 50, it is not!

I can assure you that if an outsider were to say it loud enough, they would be confronted.

Don't let BobbyB of RTF hear you call anyone a Coonass. He's as Cajun as they come and he'll use all 300 lbs to correct the offender.

The thread is about oil and I'd like to keep it that way. I only confronted sambo because of what he wrote. No one should ever confuse a warm & friendly people for being stupid! Then assumed they were on the government dole. Afterall, we all know the bank sambo works for didn't accept any TARP money.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Ouch, that's more than a membership at Augusta National GC or the equivalent of Kippy Swingle's annual FT budget excluding canine purchases...
    I believe you could purchase a LOT of duck leases with Kippy's FT budget

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It is also why it cost so much to get a good duck lease around here. Half a section of land (320 acres) went for $86,500 per year, 10 year lease near White Lake! That's why I now goose hunt.
    I could hunt all over this country all season, hunt South America, and maybe take a trip to Africa for that kind of money!

If you call someone from around here a Coonass, you better be able to protect youself!

It is considered a derogetory slurr.

Most of those layed off were to proud to accept unempolyment, they were recruited by ARAMCO and are working in Saudi Arabia.

But then again, you do like to try and talk down to people on this forum! It makes little people feel big.
    I'm a coonass born in breed from Port Arthur TX and proud of it!

I was being cute...but the reallity is that even though the oil spill hurt some people the fall out of it has help many more than it hurt. So its an old stale arguement when you say that Obama was not kind to South LA. Kind of like the arguement about Bush and Catrina, its just something to bash with.

Buzz put some good facts on the board and instead of accepting them as a positive for the country and LA, we dive right into bashing the president.

Here are some facts that I think are noteworthy:

BP paid for their mistake and assumed all of the liability thus far, unlike EXXON

The people of LA are benefiting from the upstep in regs with more jobs and the push for more natural gas is really benefiting the northern part of the state.

LA has it good realative to the rest of the country, so quit listening to that presidential hopeful you have over there and quit whinning!

I only confronted sambo because of what he wrote. No one should ever confuse a warm & friendly people for being stupid! Then assumed they were on the government dole. Afterall, we all know the bank sambo works for didn't accept any TARP money.
    Just to be clear.....I absolutely love the Sportsman's Paradise State, and the unique people that call it home.....no matter what they want to be called! I've lived in DeRidder and then a brief one year stint in NOLA, and could easily find myself there again, amongst friends. The music, the food, the culture are the best anywhere I've ever been.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just to be clear.....I absolutely love the Sportsman's Paradise State, and the unique people that call it home.....no matter what they want to be called! I've lived in DeRidder and then a brief one year stint in NOLA, and could easily find myself there again, amongst friends. The music, the food, the culture are the best anywhere I've ever been.
    Are you running for office?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I was being cute...but the reallity is that even though the oil spill hurt some people the fall out of it has help many more than it hurt. So its an old stale arguement when you say that Obama was not kind to South LA. Kind of like the arguement about Bush and Catrina, its just something to bash with.

Buzz put some good facts on the board and instead of accepting them as a positive for the country and LA, we dive right into bashing the president.

BP paid for their mistake and assumed all of the liability thus far, unlike EXXON

The people of LA are benefiting from the upstep in regs with more jobs and the push for more natural gas is really benefiting the northern part of the state.

LA has it good realative to the rest of the country, so quit listening to that presidential hopeful you have over there and quit whinning!

Sambo, Franco went ahead and contradicted almost every single point the guy had in his article. One of them is wrong, or the truth lies somewhere in between. I know one thing, when they first put on the deep water drilling moratorium, we kept hearing that all the rigs and drilling ships were sailing, and they wouldn't be back for years. They were heading off to other places more friendly to drilling. Now we see this guy saying that there are more drilling rigs and ships in the Gulf than before. So, I'm calling a little BS.

So, how's the pet ranch going?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Sambo, Franco went ahead and contradicted almost every single point the guy had in his article. One of them is wrong, or the truth lies somewhere in between. I know one thing, when they first put on the deep water drilling moratorium, we kept hearing that all the rigs and drilling ships were sailing, and they wouldn't be back for years. They were heading off to other places more friendly to drilling. Now we see this guy saying that there are more drilling rigs and ships in the Gulf than before. So, I'm calling a little BS.
    Buzz, according to you article, it says that there are more rigs in the area but less of them are working. That part may be true.

I know of one comapny that is refitting three rigs in New Iberia that will soon be on thier way to Trinadad.

Some are optimistic that new shallow and deep water permits will be issued. No new deep water permits have been issued and most of the shallow water rigs are after natural gas. The author does not distinguish between natural gas and oil rigs. Drilling for oil is a wait and see deal because of the holdup for permits and the search for clarity with some of the new regs.

The infastructure for fabrication and repair is in New Iberia, La. This is where rigs get refitted and updated. Counting rigs waiting at the Port of Iberia will not indicate whether they are there for repair or getting ready to drill in the gulf.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-14-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post

Wrong, Deep Water Horizon has also accepted some of the liability and as far as BP goes, have you tried to file a claim with them. No? I didn't think so.

Exploring for natural gas does not create many jobs. Once the easy to drill well is completed, everything from that point on goes into a pipeline. Real jobs are in oil production!

Bobby Jindal is not running for anything but reelection as Gov. of La.

I also doubt that you are Cajun
    My comments are in red.

And, the BP 20billion isn't being paid those who lost due to the disaster!
    http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-sp...s_process.html
    Last edited by Franco; 02-15-2011 at 09:30 AM.