The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrissie Hynde & Faith Hill on CMT

Default Chrissie Hynde & Faith Hill on CMT

Since the members here on POTUS seem to have a more discernable taste in music , I was wondering if anyone else caught the re broadcast of a VH 1 Crossroads special of Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders doing her songs with Faith Hill...Ms. Hynde was/is the quintessential hippie chick of the 70/80's but was one of the first female front persons for a rock band..the girls duet of "Back on the Chain Gang" and " Brass in Pocket" brought back some cool memories of days long gone by

and Faith never looked better and still has the vocal chops,and covered the Pretender songs quite well
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Since the members here on POTUS seem to have a more discernable taste in music , I was wondering if anyone else caught the re broadcast of a VH 1 Crossroads special of Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders doing her songs with Faith Hill...Ms. Hynde was/is the quintessential hippie chick of the 70/80's but was one of the first female front persons for a rock band..the girls duet of "Back on the Chain Gang" and " Brass in Pocket" brought back some cool memories of days long gone by

and Faith never looked better and still has the vocal chops,and covered the Pretender songs quite well
    Must be an Austin thing Bon....yep I caught it today and REALLY enjoyed it. Chrissie sounded as good as Faith looked!!

Faith Hill is literally the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. . . .

Unfortunately both her and her husband Tim McGraw support liberal Democrat candidates.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Faith Hill is literally the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. . . .

Unfortunately both her and her husband Tim McGraw support liberal Democrat candidates.
    Carrie Underwood supports HSUS, but I still like her music, Don Henley is about as liberal as it gets but I love the Eagles...they are entitled to their political beliefs, I enjoy them as artists, I do not look to them for political advice..the only exception to that criteria is I do not care for Susan Sarandon , Tim Robbins,Sean Penn, and have lost lots of respect for Danny Glover
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-13-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Look what the Dixie Twits did to their career. They were on top of the world, but basically told their own fan base to shove it... In return, that fan base, burned, and threw away their cds and changes the station if their music comes on. A long fall from the top for some VERY talented musicians.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Look what the Dixie Twits did to their career. They were on top of the world, but basically told their own fan base to shove it... In return, that fan base, burned, and threw away their cds and changes the station if their music comes on. A long fall from the top for some VERY talented musicians.
    And at the end of the day, much of the republican party came around to seeing it their way also! (ashamed of Bush)

Note the hostilities when I refer to Bush on this forum! Or the polite explanation as to why Jeb should not run.

As for Tim and Faith, I was not aware of their politics. I put them up there with Brees, Brad and Angelina when it comes to giving back to the community. All very class acts, and people that their hometowns can be proud of.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And at the end of the day, much of the republican party came around to seeing it their way also! (ashamed of Bush)

Note the hostilities when I refer to Bush on this forum! Or the polite explanation as to why Jeb should not run.

As for Tim and Faith, I was not aware of their politics. I put them up there with Brees, Brad and Angelina when it comes to giving back to the community. All very class acts, and people that their hometowns can be proud of.

You are starting to sound like Roger when it comes to President Bush there Doc...

As for the Dixie Chicks, they just plain old forgot who put them where they were. In any kind of marketing you have to know your target audience... they evidently felt they were too big to worry about that and it bit them in the butt big time.
    Bill Davis

Jmtc, but I don't understand why success with a talent, be it singing, acting, writing or whatever gives some others the inclination to think their sociopolitical views are of extra special significance/importance.
    Ie "Well if George Clooney thinks that way about "x", it must be right because he has a talent for memorizing words"

But music & politics can be a powerful force for a cause/issue, though I would hedge that by saying maybe not a lasting force for change.
    eg Farm Aid, Live Aid, We Are The World, No Nukes, etc.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

This is how I feel about ALL artists & performers, they have achieved their audience by their performing talents. When they take that platform & use it for politics, I lose respect & interest - regardless of which way they lean. A performer doesn't live in the real world, so why would anyone let a performer influence their political, moral or spiritual beliefs. Like someone said, I like the Eagles, Tim & Faith, Martina McBride (who leans right), Alison Krauss, Judy Collins, and many others - but not for their political views. So perform & shut up......
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Jmtc, but I don't understand why success with a talent, be it singing, acting, writing or whatever gives some others the inclination to think their sociopolitical views are of extra special significance/importance.
    Ie "Well if George Clooney thinks that way about "x", it must be right because he has a talent for memorizing words"

But music & politics can be a powerful force for a cause/issue, though I would hedge that by saying maybe not a lasting force for change.
    eg Farm Aid, Live Aid, We Are The World, No Nukes, etc.

Correct...actions have consequences...just like voting. Because of their politics, I can no longer watch Glover, Hanoi Jane, and that new TV program with Kathy Bates. What a freakin' agenda.

By the same token, I wouldn't have the posting Dr that claims to be independant, fix a hangnail for me. Politics matter to me.

Why would I support with my ticket $$, movies or concerts that feature conservative bashers, as if they have the 'right' to spew their venom. Then I have the right to equalize their pathetic views by not buying their product or service, or by speaking out against that view whenever I can.

It's saddening to see a great performer that I enjoy...like a Robert Redford, and then discover how liberal his politics are. But he at least isn't out flaunting his views at these phoney fund raisers you mention. Those Farm Aid jokes are great for the promoters. Ever see where the "proceeds" went? Seldom a news story. The liberal MSP sees to that.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.