The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chrissie Hynde & Faith Hill on CMT

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    and Trump got heckled when he said that Ron Paul was NOT electable, CPAC is not the end all do all for the conservative movement...if it was then based on the results Palin should hang it up and let Paul and Romney duke it out..

and I probably watch news as much as anyone here, probably watch it too much..Fox News - ESPN- USA channels pretty much dominate my channel line up...I dont get the Outdoor Channel, VS, or the Golf Channel or I would be watching those too..Google News is my home page
    My dog in the race.

Despite what my biographers here on POTUS say, I still hold to many conservative values. The problem is, there has been NO party of candidate that upholds them. Who has been fiscally responsible lately? Bush? (I won't even mention Obama) The current or recent republican congress? (I won't even mention the recent democratic congress)

Really? Besides Ron Paul, who do you see coming close to making the necessary budget cuts to bring our financial house under control?

All the non-military, non-entitlement spending COMBINED, even if cut drastically, will not be enough.

I will respectfully disagree on another point. The crowd at CPAC IS the conservative voice. Heckles and jeers should not be dismissed. Especially if its not just one isolated voice, but many. Also, if the mainstream GOP was living up to its conservative principles, do you think the TeaParty would even exist in its current form and strength?

I think I've raised some valid questions. I hope they don't just generate personal attacks that add nothing to the discussion. (not you, we've had many good discussions here)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Kind of surprised at all these people saying entertainers are basically BOOBS who should shut up and not be political

Unlike me they must feel that the U.S.of A. would be better off if Ronald Reagan would have remained mum and stuck to acting

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My dog in the race.

Despite what my biographers here on POTUS say, I still hold to many conservative values. The problem is, there has been NO party of candidate that upholds them. Who has been fiscally responsible lately? Bush? (I won't even mention Obama) The current or recent republican congress? (I won't even mention the recent democratic congress)

Really? Besides Ron Paul, who do you see coming close to making the necessary budget cuts to bring our financial house under control?

All the non-military, non-entitlement spending COMBINED, even if cut drastically, will not be enough.

I will respectfully disagree on another point. The crowd at CPAC IS the conservative voice. Heckles and jeers should not be dismissed. Especially if its not just one isolated voice, but many. Also, if the mainstream GOP was living up to its conservative principles, do you think the TeaParty would even exist in its current form and strength?

I think I've raised some valid questions. I hope they don't just generate personal attacks that add nothing to the discussion. (not you, we've had many good discussions here)
    you make some very valid points, I have always contended that Ron Paul has the right message but he is the wrong messenger...CPAC historically hasnt produced a winner yet, so how can they be the voice of the party...as for the Tea Party, they have to decide, do they back Palin, Bachmann or some other undeclared candidate...Depending on who they back will determine how much power they have in 2012

You know as well as I do a candidate is only as good as the war chest ($$$$) that they can amass for their nomination run..there are many races yet to be contested and probably a candidate or two that hasnt emerged yet
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Kind of surprised at all these people saying entertainers are basically BOOBS who should shut up and not be political

Unlike me they must feel that the U.S.of A. would be better off if Ronald Reagan would have remained mum and stuck to acting
    You will also notice they only want them to shut up if they don't share their point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

I am not certain (well, actually I am), but I think there is a huge difference between using your performances as a bully pulpit to espouse your politics and entering politics post entertaining career.

But then......you already know that.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis