The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Dawgs......

Default POTUS Dawgs......

OK, since we are the "Dark Side" of RTF......who dun what with their dawgs this weekend????

Me and Elvis executed a near perfect practice run on an Upland set up.

In fact, on the honor the bird landed about 5 to 8 yards in front of him, he did not break!!!

Miraculous.
    This would NOT have happened last year.
    We have worked very hard on steadiness at the line.
    It CAN be done!!!!

I also get to shoot a lot, I will be a gunner in our clubs test.
    The word is I have "anger management issues" because of what happens to these poor innocent chukars!!!!
    It ain't my fault they flew into my bb's.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

We're working more on "no hands" backs & overs and verbal handling ("gee" & "haw") with Rebel due to wife's car accident injury in Nov. and inability to cast using her right arm. Hoping for good things in Finished this year with the team.

Looking forward to the HRC Handler/Judges seminar in mid March with the NE WA Gun Dog Club and maybe being able to give back a little in that way in Started (?).
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I spent the day in the woods hind end deep in snow hugging trees.
    I had all my dogs with me. The snow was too deep for them to spend all day in.
    So they had a bit of truck time. I took a few breaks and did a formal OB session
    with the pup Loco, he also drug his rope when he was in the woods. Did big wagon wheel drill with all dogs. Lined to pile with Loco and Ice. Set up Scooby Do for a big E-Collar correction for snacking on turdcicles. And busted my ass working with the trees.
    Will do it all again on the morrow. Hope to be ready to tap NEXT weekend!!!!!!!!

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Worked my 2 at a 550 bird tower shoot. About 3' of snow on the ground, but the top had a hard enough crust so the dogs could run on it. It was a great day with 2 very happy and very tired pooches.

Stretching out the 8 month old pup. Marking to 150 yards and holding a pretty good line downwind. Tried a couple with a strong sidewind, but could see that was stupid. Good way to develope bad habits early. Dog gave to the wind and drove past the mark 30 yards downwind of it, well below the 'scent-cone', so needed BB help to get it in the AOF.

Put a stop to that 'experiment'. Had a pretty good idea that's what would happen, but like a fool, we have to prove it again, and put a stop to the thinking we have the worlds only "super-pup", capable of far more than it's been taught to deal with.

His 'hold' segment of the FF program seems to have sunk in and retained fairly well. He brought all bumpers and Dokkens back to hand, so I was pleased with that piece of learning. Now if the ear-pinch portion goes as well, and he goes through denial without a hassle, I B a happy camper.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Tucker and Angus worked on 150 yard triples with an 125 blinds.

Jessie worked on wagon wheel drills, whistle sits, 125 yard triples with an 85 yard blinds.

That was Friday and Saturday. Today we played.

Seat on a duck regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Mine is running at the Master level in NAHRA and would be running at the same level in AKC if he didn't have the worst handler in the freaking world. Yesterday was a team effort screw up but today was pure D, dumb arsed, stupid *^%$(@ on the handlers part to get him DQed. At this rate he'll be using a walker to finish his MH. Still needin' that one more pass.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Ran two dogs on 300 bird Tower Hunt...a foot of snow...made things interesting...dogs did well... their old handler had hard time with the snow
    But beautuiful day in the 40's...haven't seen that temp for quite awhile
    Great day for Wis winter
    Doug Kennedy
    Waterdogspecialties.com

All I did was go out snowshoeing with my hunting dawg to get us both some exercise. The other two dogs are in Texas, so no training...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Ran a bunch of pattern blinds and went for a two hour walk with all 4 dawgs on the river. (frozen) What a great day !!!!!!!!!