The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Dawgs......

Quote Originally Posted by R. Reddog View Post
    Ran a bunch of pattern blinds and went for a two hour walk with all 4 dawgs on the river. (frozen) What a great day !!!!!!!!!
    Rob did you have a coffee mug withyou Had the club challenge pointer vs flushers. Pointer took it this year. B est part was two puppys were in the run off. ONE WAS 9MTH THE OTHER 11MTH. The light came on for that pointer.

Me and my pup went shed hunting for the first time this year...... bit too much snow, but still a good walk in the woods. He has cabin fever worse than me...... thawing out now.... should be able to run some pattern blinds soon!! Cant wait.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Rob did you have a coffee mug withyou Had the club challenge pointer vs flushers. Pointer took it this year. B est part was two puppys were in the run off. ONE WAS 9MTH THE OTHER 11MTH. The light came on for that pointer.
    No mug. I waited till I got home and made up for it.

Saturday we went out and shot a couple of flier singles for Scooter. I missed both barrels on the second one and it flew off into the woods. Scooter went in after and rooted him out of the creek and brought him back. 3 Fliers for the price of 2.

The gunner is rusty. The dog is rusty. We ran 1 decent all age water blind. Then we hacked up a land blind. I see what I need to work on.

The highlight of Saturday was Lottie, the new pup, getting her first duck. One of the fresh shot fliers.

I posted pictures on the main forum. http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=66506

After all that I set up the thrower and my 13 year old daughter shot a round of skeet. she broke 14 of 25. She just started last year and she is really improving.

It was a pretty good afternoon all the way round.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Saturday we went out and shot a couple of flier singles for Scooter. I missed both barrels on the second one and it flew off into the woods. Scooter went in after and rooted him out of the creek and brought him back. 3 Fliers for the price of 2.

The gunner is rusty. The dog is rusty. We ran 1 decent all age water blind. Then we hacked up a land blind. I see what I need to work on.

The highlight of Saturday was Lottie, the new pup, getting her first duck. One of the fresh shot fliers.

I posted pictures on the main forum. http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=66506

After all that I set up the thrower and my 13 year old daughter shot a round of skeet. she broke 14 of 25. She just started last year and she is really improving.

It was a pretty good afternoon all the way round.
    The gunner can always get practice shooting flyers at the ARC FT & HT this spring...
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    The gunner can always get practice shooting flyers at the ARC FT & HT this spring...
    That is what I'm warming up for. It is on my calendar and I will be there shotgun in hand.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

I helped run a training day for our club on Saturday. Had probably 25 handlers and probably 35-40 dogs there. It went really well. Then went down to Corsicana for two days and trained with 3 others. My 4 dogs got lots of good training in the last 3 days. Have been running lots of long single marks with lots of concept. They have all improved lately. Couldn't ask for a better last 3 days.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Since the usual field /show debate has reared it's annual head on the main forum I was wondering which category our potus dogs fall into.
    MY current dogs:
    Shadow 9 year old bitch 7/8 field with a twist of show.
    Piper 8 year old show bred Sire is CH dam is dam of champions 3/4 of graparents are CH's Dam has her JH as does paternal grandsire who also has his CD
    Buddy 6 year old Sire is an FC/AFC dam is FC/AFC sired.
    Magic 5 year old Sire is Am Cn CH/CD MH Dam is JH from a show bred MH that was a littermate to a CH/SH . HIs maternal great granddam was an Am/Cn Bermuda CH/CDX
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    Or they will just have their Am judges shoot for them
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Since the usual field /show debate has reared it's annual head on the main forum I was wondering which category our potus dogs fall into.
    MY current dogs:
    Shadow 9 year old bitch 7/8 field with a twist of show.
    Piper 8 year old show bred Sire is CH dam is dam of champions 3/4 of graparents are CH's Dam has her JH as does paternal grandsire who also has his CD
    Buddy 6 year old Sire is an FC/AFC dam is FC/AFC sired.
    Magic 5 year old Sire is Am Cn CH/CD MH Dam is JH from a show bred MH that was a littermate to a CH/SH . HIs maternal great granddam was an Am/Cn Bermuda CH/CDX
    All of my dogs come from hunting lines. I want them to look good, but I'm more interested in how they perform than how they look. I have one now that isnt' conformtionaly very good, but he sure can find birds, and is a retrieving fool. I would take that any day over some of the show dogs I've seen that couldn't find their food bowl without help.

I believe a dog should be able to do what the breed was intended to do, not just be good to look at.